POST HERE IF YOU CANNOT GET THE MOD TO RUN!!!!

EvilleJedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, this Mod looks amazing, I can't wait to get it working. Here's the deal. I haven't been able to get a multiplayer game going, so I've only tried playing with Single Player vs PC.

I installed Homeworld 2 fresh.

I downloaded and installed the 1.1 patch.

I downloaded and installed the v.30 Test application (118 megs)

I get the pictures of the Star Destroyer loading screen, I can choose from Empire or Alliance factions. The game either crashes with no error log during the loading screen or after I try to zoom while I'm in the game.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a similar problem, the game crashes somewhere between loading the universe and crashing later in the load sequence (no sound pack or no patch) the first just sends me back to desktop but the latter crashes my whole pc. I have a 2.66 pentium 4, 512 mb ram, and a radeon 9800xt- all my drivers are up to date. Im using the 1.1 patch, here is the crash log:

Tue Sep 14 20:16:52 2004

Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big'

Loaded Archive: 'english.big'

Loaded Archive: 'WARLORDSV0.30.Big'

Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder

Cannot overwrite function PickRandomMusicTrackRule

GAME -- Using player profile TCR

Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (5.1 build 2600), Service Pack 2

Using ATI Technologies Inc.'s 1.5.4582 WinXP Release RADEON 9800 x86/SSE2 renderer (Suspected driver is atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.4582)

Loaded Archive: 'englishSpeech.big'

Loaded Archive: 'Music.big'

SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created

SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created

Build name: The Dust Wars - AutoBuild3569 - Ordered by smmatte

Built by : mrbuild

Data path : C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data

Resetting fp control word.

CmdLine: -mod WARLORDSV0.30.Big -luatrace -overrideBigFile

Starting Level: data:LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch\CORUSCANT_ORBIT.LEVEL

any help would be much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem that suitheist. I have installed beta 0.30 and patch 1 and 2 in this order. But crashes between universe and the end of the load. I have latest nvidia drivers and the hw.log is this:

Tue Sep 28 17:02:11 2004

Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big'

UTIL -- filepath failure, path doesn't exists 'C:\Archivos de programa\Sierra\Homeworld2\data\locale\english'

Loaded Archive: 'english.big'

Loaded Archive: 'WARLORDSV0.30.Big'

Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder

GAME -- Using player profile Canseco

Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in win9x (4.10 build 67766446), A

Using NVIDIA Corporation's 1.5.1 GeForce FX 5600XT/PCI/SSE/3DNOW! renderer (Suspected driver is nvopengl.dll 4.14.10.6176)

Loaded Archive: 'englishSpeech.big'

Loaded Archive: 'Music.big'

SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created

SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created

Build name: The Dust Wars - AutoBuild3569 - Ordered by smmatte

Built by : mrbuild

Data path : C:\Archivos de programa\Sierra\Homeworld2\data

Could not initialize all fragment programs. Please use the '-fragment_program 0' command line parameter

Resetting fp control word.

CmdLine: -mod WARLORDSV0.30.Big -luatrace -overrideBigFile

binding for hotkeyId:9 not found

binding for hotkeyId:19 not found

Starting Level: data:LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch\2P_HOSTILITIES_END.LEVEL

• 3 weeks later...
I can not get the mod to run, I downloaded 1 and 2 for .30 and installed them on a fresh copy of HW2 with the 1.1 patch installed. I installed to the prog\sierra\homeworld2\etc folder and I have all the files it seems, I see a lot of SW ships and such maps in certain directories. When i go to play the game I load from the desktop icon gam eloads, select the SWW .30 BETA game type in single vs CPU and it changes the options but I never can select Imp or Rebel forces. The game loads any map and dies at "Loading Level." I do not have a WARLORDSV0.30.Big file anywhere on my computer, just off hand.

ditto, i can't run for the same reasons, no imp/reb team selections, the warlords config options are still there, but when i start the game and it brings up the loading screen, it crashes when it says UI shipicon. I tried everything i could think of, like i tried monkeying around with the command lines and stuff but i didn't get it to work...

here's the part of hw2log that i believe may have caused the crash and possibly everybody else

CmdLine: -mod WARLORDSV0.30.Big -overridebigfile -luatrace

Starting Level: data:LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch\2P_HOSTILITIES_END.LEVEL

Unable to retrieve UI (animated) texture (DATA:\ship\icons\utility\moleminer.dds) -- FATAL EXIT -- graphic/346:! --stack trace-- 0x005ECDE7: getLibraryID () 0x005ED151:

K i need some help....i dont have any music in the game. Anyone know how to fix that? Its getting really old making up my own music, so please help for the sake of my dogs ears and my ears :(

just copy the sound folder that was made in the homeworld 2 folder, into the data folder.

Also i have this infuratin glitch where when i zoom in fully on ships the graphics just go a/.sd,foakrtpok (i couldnt put it a better way). Ya think i should probarbly just reinstall homeworld 2?

Jacen Solo: "What happened to the war?"

Pellaeon: "It went away."

offtopic, but do you check your pms, eville ? :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Firstly to G_A_P, to fix your graphical issues somewhere in either gameplay or video options or wherever there is a check box that sayssomethign along the lines of scalable 3D geometry or something like that you need to untick it i think and that means it'll render the ships how they were meant to be seen and wont reduce the quality of the ship models even when the battles get heavy. Secondly to guy who PM'd Eville.....HE IS VERY BUSY........Thus may take a while to reply...End...

storm....

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

• 1 month later...

I thought that because the game was crashing at the end of the loading sequence when i tried to put sound on (random music: yes), that and un-installation and fresh reinstallation of every thing would make it better. Have since learnt that some how the file:

"englishspeech.big"

-has something wrong with it. So i cant uninstall now. I dont know how im supposed to replace it or ne thing so im really moo-ed off now. The reason I thought this may be linked is because on a privious post, some one mentioned having the same loading problem in relationship to the same file. Has the SW mod decimated my CD? I hope not coz I love the mod and if it dont work ill just be superly upset. Any advice would be very welcome...

Dunatra :(

• SWR Staff - Executive
the mod doesn't do anything to that file, if its not there then just uninstall and reinstall HW2, it may have gotten deleted accidently, but english.big is crucial to the game runing

dunatra trust me, the mod can't do anything to your cd :wink:

Or in other words, I'd estimate the probability of it being able to do that at somewhere around two to the power of a few gazillions 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Well i didnt guess so, its just i dont understand how an inaccessible file on the disk could just be deleted. I mean i spose it could be corrupt but the thing is, thats only ever happened once before and that was caused by physical damage (IE a mahusive scratch). This time there isnt that and there was nothing to delete. Do you think it could be a problem with my system? I was playin on it fine on sunday mornin and then after i changed it to random music off it just wouldnt work.

I restored but it didnt do ne thing coz the files for the game just weren't there. I tried reinstalling thinkin ok just take me bit longer to sort out and then it gets stuck when it comes to the englishspeech.big file. now im just all moody coz the mod i f*cking great, I just cant play it. I think i see a formating on the horison!

ok i can help i'll transfer or upload my english.big file to you or to somewhere (looks at eville for permission to upload to here and then delete it after it's been downloaded) and just stick it in manually PM me if you are interested in this idea....
No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

i just reinstalled and it worked... why now i dont know but it did so yay. But i have a new dilemma. Assuming when i have put on all the mods it works, im a big fan of taking screen shots which i can do. Only thing is i hate the damn boxes everthing gets highlighted with when you get further away. Is there ne way to turn em off? Help would be great. Sorry bout all the other crap that happened with the game, must have just beena temporary glitch.

• SWR Staff - Executive
stuff like that sounds like a virus or something, i'd backup everything important asap and run a virus scan on it and make sure the importatn stuff is clean, then consider the reformat

• 2 months later...