POST HERE IF YOU CANNOT GET THE MOD TO RUN!!!!

EvilleJedi

• SWR Staff - Executive

this thread is ONLY for people having problems with getting the mod to run, problems with the shortcut, or for crashes before you get to the gameplay (during the loading screens)

If you have gameplay bugs or crashes or the game runs correctly but you have other issue please post in the bugs thread.

currently with version 0.29 you need to change the shortcut so that all dashes '-' are underscores '_' in the mod file name

example:

Replace the

-mod HW2-SW-WARLORDS-BETA-V0.29_TEST.Big

with

-mod HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST.Big

also if you have problems getting the sound to work (in general , the music pack is a different issue) make sure your target is correct in the shortcut, this is the official fix.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

But I dont have the ships. I have done everything (that I can see) to do to fix this issue and I cant get it to work. so the problem I have is that I can select the warlords 0.29 game type in the menu, the game starts up with the awsome starwars music, but all the models are the homeworld models. what oh what am I doing wrong??

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Data is where I put the .big file. that is also where i put the sounds folder

it actually lets me select the warlords game type in the homeworld 2 game, when i start playing it just the music. nothing else. all models are homeworld 2 models

• 2 weeks later...

i olso cant get it to work ile post the path its in

WARLORDSV0.29.Big ITs in the Data File but when i try to use what you posted here for the shortcut its says not found !!!

i olso fresh installed hw2 then patched it

Hi, Ive downloaded the mod for SW ships on Homeworld 2 which is one of my favorite games. The concept is really really cool and i want to play it, but I am terribly computer illiterate. I got the mod on my desktop and i clicked install, and i think it did, but i cant figure out how to activate it cause homeworld doesnt have an option to turn the mod on that i can find. I even right clicked the SW patch thing and tried to run it from there. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong? Im tired of Adobe Acrobat saying it doesnt recognize the program and wont let me use it. :cry: I need help.

Lina

Creat a shortcut on your desktop. then right click it and click run as: homeworld2.exe

click properdies and it should say Target:"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST.Big -luatrace

Start in: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release"

Click on the short cut

BAM!!!!!!!!

Hiya, i tried changing C:\Documents and Settings\dig\Desktop\WARLORDSV0.29 to "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_VO.29_TEST.BIG -luatrace....... and i must admit i got farther with it this time.... the game booted up with the link i made, but there is still no Star Wars stuff. I feal so stupid.... probly something simple and im just messin it all up. Im so sorry to bother ya with this cause i know ya got better things to do, but i appreciate so much the help your trying to give me.

Thankfully yours,

Lina

Doesnt give me that option. Just the normal options. On the bright side, i noticed that my instal of 1.1 worked though. I made the shortcut as you described in your last post and tried it. It will launch HW2, but doesnt give me any more options.

Have you put the .big file in the \Sierra\Homeworld2\Data directory? Also have you installed the latest update patch 1.1 for homeworld?

If so, make sure the two shortcuts files have correct target:

\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST.Big -luatrace

and Start in:

\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\

Try running both shortcuts, as for me the HW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST works, though I recall reading that the RDNHW2SW_WARLORDS_BETA_V0.29_TEST works for other people :?

Good luck and I hope this works for you . . . hmm, perhaps this is in order: May the force be with you :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Yes, i think i did all that, but only have one shortcut.... the one i made. I have no clue as to the other shortcut ive heard about. I think im so stupid as to be hopeless. Thanks everyone for trying to get this running for me. I probly screwed up something simple that everyone is overlooking because its so simple. I wish i were a bit smarter.... hopefully when the mod is finished and past beta it will be idiotproof and install everything where it needs to be itself. Thats actually about the limit of my intellect is to click links. Putting files where they need to be isn't my forte though i think i did that right this time. But there are thousands of things i could have done wrong im sure... and one thing I know is, if theres a way to screw something up, I will find it. :( Have fun with the mod everyone, it sounds great. I hope to play it someday.

Lina

Ah, that might be your problem. When you open up the zip file, there are 3 files in it. The largest file is the .big file, which you put in the data directory and the other two are the shortcuts that you put on your desktop. Use those two shortcuts instead of making your own. I think this should make it work, just make sure the two shortcuts have the correct paths etc. as in the previous posts.

wel for me it was something else with those paths it didnt work i had to take this one

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod WARLORDSV0.29.Big -luatrace

I am having the exact same problem. Ive done everything that has been suggested. I think theres a miss communication here, at least for me. There was no zip it was an exe so everything was done for me. I found the warlords .big file in the data folder so im assuming thats what were looking for. In the gametype box in game, its only giving me deathmatch.

This is starting to frustrate me lol. Im goin to bed. 8O

Edit: As a last minute thing i tryed this target "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod WARLORDSV0.29.Big -luatrace and vuala, i can select warlords.29 in gametype but then when i start, just homeworld ships...... ARGH, also the suggestion from the readme works, -mod warlordsV0.29.big

now im really going to bed.

Hmm, perhaps the name of the .big file has been changed since I downloaded it? :? ?

As a last minute thing i tryed this target "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod WARLORDSV0.29.Big -luatrace and vuala, i can select warlords.29 in gametype but then when i start, just homeworld ships...... ARGH, also the suggestion from the readme works, -mod warlordsV0.29.big

Have you changed your starting team/faction, defaultly it's set to a Homeworld 2 side? I realise this is an obvious point - though sometimes the more obvious it is the less likely to be acted on, I know quite a few people who have over look this (namely myself :lol: )

Sometimes the soloutions to the most frustrating problems are in plain sight. I actually did the same thing, but caught the problem before posting.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• 1 month later...
Ok.. Made sure the shortcuts are right. Made sure that I selected the right starting faction. As soon as I click to start the game, it crashes. I have homeworld's update, I am running win. xp home edition, pentuim 4 (3 ghz) 1gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128mb) with updated drivers. I can't see what I'm missing. =o)