Galaxy map

Trejiuvanat

Will Reb II use the galactic map that appears in the front and back of the NJO books? Will ti be adjusted for gameplay, how many planets? how many sectors? which sectors? Will the Unknown REgions be around or WIld Space, or Dagobah, Byss, Korriban?
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're currently discussing this, we're undecided on which map to use. Personally i think we could just use the RebEd map editor to move a few planets around etc. Assuming we get a similar RebEd for Reb II. It might turn out that the old RebEd works on Reb II, we don't know yet, or at least i don't! :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor

Just so you know, this is the REBELLION RELOADED forum, NOT the Rebellion II forum.

Rebellion Reloaded = Rebellion 1 TC

Rebellion II = Rebellion II

=====

I'm thinking the NJO map would be nice, but we would have to improvise somewhat.

Okay, now im confused, i thought Reloaded was pretty much Reb II, or as close as we'll ever get. Reloaded is going to be the mod of the thingy that Gregs working on yeah? :?:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

No...Reloaded is the TC for Reb I which we will use RebEd to accomplish.

Reb II is a mod of Greg's game.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Okay, i think i get you. So once we've come up with this fancy plan of what to do, we're going to end up with a huge download, that someone's going to have to write a VERY clear and concise readme for aren't we?

Man i hate multiple strand thinking!!! :evil:

It shouldn't be too large a download, since the only items you'll need to get are new cards to replace the old ones, and perhaps new models, and hopefully some new sounds! 8)

Actually, doesn't RebEd allow to "Load TC"? That would simplify it even more, as all you would need to do is download one file and load it into RebEd.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

You mean 'load settings'. We could update the dllentries.txt of RebEd to include new pics and the settings can also include all of the cards. But for new sounds you'd have to implement them either via a patch, or with Resource Hacker, cause RebEd can only replace items with the same length (resource editing was a lot harder back then :) ). The models would have to be seperate as well for the same reason. But we can decide upon the distribution method later :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Ahhh, yes...I forgot about the sounds. Yes, it would require several downloads, but it would be worth it.

BTW mask, I replaced the models last night (finally). They look great! Now we need to figure out how to replace the medium and long distance models so they don't change! :D hint, hint

Support the USA!

So we could do a simple tc, but to do what we want is going to take several downloads and more extensive work because of the sounds and models?

So we could do a simple tc, but to do what we want is going to take several downloads and more extensive work because of the sounds and models?

Elvis, why did you post three times ?

We could include all the seperate files in one .zip for example :D

Untimely, what are you hinting ? Did you just replace the close-view model with mine, or should I make less detailed ones for the medium and far views ? You can replace the medium and far models with those I provided as well. In case of the Mc80 it sometimes makes the game a little slower with big fleet. I'm working on a fix for that :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Sorry about that, my pc went a little doolally.

Sounds like a plan to me.

mask: I didn't think we could use the close model for medium and far also...I'll do that! Does it really slow it down that much?

Support the USA!

Guess that's going to depend on the specs of your pc.

:)

Thanks Igor for gettimg me out of my mistake, now I know what the difference is between Reb II and REb Reloaded.

*.reb files from REbED are about 6 megs without any sounds and models. If all models are about 500k or more, and the TC will have new sounds, we'll get a 15MB+ package.

By the way, the mon Cal models from mask work fine in big fleets in my Celeron 400 MHz PC.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

By the way, the mon Cal models from mask work fine in big fleets in my Celeron 400 MHz PC.

Eeeexxxxcellllllent! :twisted:

I have already tried the new ISD model, and it doesn't seem to affect speed, either. 8)

Support the USA!

Good good, glad to hear there's no slow down.

Thinking about the spec of the original Rebellion it really shouldn't be a problem.

• 1 month later...
Size matters not. Not anymore since Igor taught me how to spread one large zip file across several floppys. :)

Brings up another problem:

How do we include and easy installer? I mean, we can't simply tell people to open resource hacker and start replacing models and stuff for a few days. And the tactical.dll get's way to large with many models added (mine is about 40 MB).

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Yeah, i've noticed that to; not that it has any apparent effect on game speed. The only slow down i've experianced was with the superbly detailed Mon Calamari Cruiser that apparently decimates everyone's tactical game speed. Shame really, it's the finest model i've ever seen.
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

If we have a file of over 40 MB, well, that is a clear situation of a SEP

We can make an installer by the use of something like Setup Factory

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...