Who will do these?

Guest JediIgor

The Kaloth thingie is indeed fro Star Wars (I, Jedi and Spectre of the Past).

As for the shiplist: Look up some of the previous posts; there is rough shiplist there.

Then, timeline. We are talking about many years here. Of course there was no Bothan Assault Cruiser around in that time. But 15 years after. A game can last up to 4500 days (if you really toy with the AI).

The first Star Defender (the Viscout) was commissioned 16 years after Endor. I think it's all justifyable.

Can the Death Star be dropped? Didn't see it in tactical.dll.

BTW, nice models. Convert them to .x format and send them in, *please*. I REALLY want to get rid of those ugly Corellian Gunships.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the Kazon are in star trek, remember the kaloth now. As for the shiplist I'd like to get a list down in here so i know where i stand and anybody that wants to try a ship doesnt have to go dredging through other forums to find out whats going in.

As for timeline you could probably drag a game out 10000 turns but any game I've every played all research was done a long long time before that. This tc is based on the Thrawn trilogy (unless i've missed something) 5 years after Endor and any research is most likely based on the 2-3 years following that. Nothing stopping us doing an NJO tc after but the 2 timelines should be left seperate imo.

I doubt the DS can be dropped probably too much stuff hardcoded. Eclipse would be nice to put in its spot but I seriously doubt its possible.

The models will be part of the TC so ya can play with them when its done :P

I like the models they've got there. I think we should have it as one big timeline. We get more flexibility and can include a better range of ships.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Variety and flexibility. I like that.

Shiplist is somewhere in the other thread. It's still a long way to be agreed upon, but I think the groundwork should be kinda solid.

Okay, well we seem to have a more or less finished idea of what models we want, i have a feeling that the final decision on a couple may depend on the beauty of your models. Having a few other ships certainly won't hurt for people that want to mod their game a little more.

Refer to the ship cards forum to get an idea of what we're looking for.

Good luck!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a point aboput research, you can seriously slow it down by increasing the research values of each ship card in RebEd, at the default the SSD is on 12 or 13. Try spreading the values in tens so that the SSD is 110 or 120 instead. See how that works, it should slow it down a whole heck of a lot methinks.

Excellent thinking Elvis!

I tried this with troop regiments (made the last one 5) but did no recognize any changes. Maybe it works with higher numbers.

The other possibility could be that Rebellion simply looks for the next number and makes the slot available for building after the right amount of reasearch/production.

Tsunami, you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference if you onl;y changed it by one or two seeing as the research ability varies oin each game anyway. Try making the steps twenty or thirty and see how that goes. It might just step to the next one, i don't know.

Pucho, i should imagine that Gank and the_Mask are the guys you want to get in touch with, though i am by no means certain.