Who will do these?

Guest JediIgor

There are some models in the game that need serious workover. Like the Corellian Gunship, the Lancer... well, almost everything Mask hasn't converted so far. But I would make that Gunship priority #1. The current model looks like... I cannot tell you in English, but the expression is not very positive and has something to do with body parts and Lara Croft in Tomb Raider I.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, but would guess no. Looks more like a background texture much like planets

Heck, replace the planets, too, at least in combat mode!

In my opinion it is just a pic, just as the fighters are.

The planets could be the small pics shown in the dlls, that would at

least explain, why they look so pixelish in tactical :lol:

One step at a time, though :)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Yeah, the DS is the 12th ship, which means that the Imperials only have 11 capital ships, but then they do get a planet destroying superlaser, lots of fighter capacity, and lots of troops.

But i think we should make it the DS II, so even more fighters and troops, a few anti fighter lasers, and the vent to the center would have to be left open. Can we speed up the recharge of the superlaser, because it was supposed to be faster with the DS II because it could fire on lower power levels that would still destroy a capital ship. I think i read somewhere that i could do one capital ship shot per minute, and one planet every 6 or 12 hours, can't remember which.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Good point.

But then there are the ships available for both sides which should (IMO) include Corvettes, Nebulon Bs and Dreadnaughts. Diversity isn't really limited that way.

As for the planets: Could we implement another pic for planets, at a higher resolution, for use in combat mode?

That's a good idea, because the planets don't look too amazing at the moment.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I think the planets are just the small pics in the dlls, so far I have found nothing in the textures, that includes planets.

Thanks again vakundok !

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I guess the pics in the .dlls have to have a certain resolution, color-depth etc. Is there a way to get pics with higher resolution and details into there? We'd have to test how it affects game speed in tactical mode, but it would be cool if it was possible.

However, the new texture for the DS should be no problem. Hopefully, we can get something better than the current one.

I reckon the new DS texture should be a ***COMPLETED*** DS II, for obvious reasons. :)

But how could we then tell DS from DS2? Does anyone have an idea what the DS2 would have looked like if it ever was completed? :)

Maybe we should switch away from the DS. Use Krennel's (well, Isard's) Pulsar station design. This would make this thing the horror to the Rebels it's supposed to be. In the original Rebellion, a few carriers and CC7700 with fighters could easily take it out befor it had time to blow up more than five ships.

I think i can get hold of some pic of what the second death star was supposed to look like. Pretty much the same as the first, but about twice the size.

A completed and fully functional Pulsar Station is an idea worth considering....

The Death Star in Rebellion was not exactly useless, but very much limited. Blowing up a ship every three(?) minutes just didn't cut it. The Pulsar Station would be more accustomed to the task of wiping out whole fleets.

On the other hand: Thrawn did not use any superweapons (well, he could not get his hands on one, the result would have been DEVASTATING).

But the people playing this arent Thrawn, and won't be as clever as him, also, even if the Pulsar can fire more often, which i'm not sure can be changed, it's still going to be limited by the game, so you couldn't just crush the ships if you were feeling cocky.

I would guess it could be changed like all other fireing rates, but you have a point. Don't overestimate your enemies. ;)

Maybe a 50% increase qould be OK.

Yeah, although i don't know whether you can edit the fire rate for the twelfth Imperial ship with the special weapon.

Could be. Aren't there 15 ships for every side?

About the DS: Just have to try it.

This is clearly not 3D model talk, but it's about the fighters in the tactical screen. The bmps for them must be somewhere in the dll. I wonder if anyone has already found out which kind of format they use. I recently extracted some pics used in XWA which would fit perfectly. We of course would have to resize them and stuff, but it should be doable.

Guest JediIgor
Last time I played Rebellion, looked to me like the fighters used one BMP.. they never changed the direction they were facing. Looked weird it did, shooting in one direction and looking the other, 8O

It's exactly that way. But I cannot seem to find them in the .dlls, and I nearly searched every one of them. Seems like a blind spot to me because they HAVE to be in there. *sigh*

Big Model Master Mask has released two new models. Boy, they are great!

Since we plan to replace every model there is in the game (we do, don't we?), we should discuss the ones in the game that need to be worked over.

Corellian Gunship - ugly as hell

Corellian Corvette - maybe Modified Corvette?

Nubulon-B Frigate - the Modified Frigate is only 253 m compared to the 450 of the original. Do we take one or both?

Lancer Frigate and Carrack Cruiser - We (or rather, Mask and the XWA modelers) can do better!

Mon Cal Cruiser - we have to have at least three different ones in the game: MC80a, MC80b and MC90. The MC80b we already have (thanks to Mask), the MC80a looks just like the Home One (size of the model? 3.2 km?). MC90 still required. I think we should not re-use any of the original models, and certainly not this ugly Mon Cal Cruiser.

Transports - Star Galleon and Action Transport

Dreadnaught - maybe also different colors as the Katana Dreadnaughts were supposed to be colored differently (was it with blue and gold?)

Assault Frigate - this one looked fine to my eye. Opinions?

Carriers - there are worse-looking models in the game

I would rally like a Marauder Corvette (model from XWA?) and/or a Kaloth Battlecruiser (no model available yet).

Hey, I know what a heck of work this all will be. But maybe it's just worth it

Guest JediIgor
What's a Kaloth battlecruiser? If we had any pictures or description of how it looked like, I'm sure someone could persuade Gank to do it. :)

The Kaloth Battlecruiser appears in I, Jedi and Spectre of the Past. It's an older ship mainly used by pirates these days. When it was designed it was very powerful indeed, but the ones running around in the later days a horribly maintained and ready to break up under concentrated fire.

They would be comparable to the Dreadnaught in size and firepower. In the Thrawn period, warships were scarce, and the Rebels have a tendency to take and make use of everything someone else discarded.

Guest JediIgor
Kaloth Battlecruiser

an old-model warship, the Kaloth cruiser measured 307 meters in length. It was armed with 44 turbolaser batteries, 24 laser cannons, and 2 tractor beam projectors. It was crewed by 1,240 and required 224 gunners.

I decided to go online.. and what would you know, we got all the specifications for it right here! :D

Anyways, Tsunami, excellent thinking! Do you know when it was researched, and if it was already researched? :)

I cannot tell you some definite date, but the description says old-model warship... Probably Old Republic, though later than the Dreadnaught.

When I first read the stats I was shaking my head - 44 turbolaser batteries? On a 307 meter ship? A Carrack Cruiser is 353 meters, a Modified Nebulon-B 253. That's a hell of a punch for this size. And a MC-80was supposed to have 48 of these things. But then it says turbolaser batteries and not 'heavy' turbolaser batteries. Huge difference. The older models should be worth a half or a third.

So it wa already researched, but maybe we could go for some kinda refit or something.

Next problem would be a model. I don't think there is one around.

There are some good pics of a Bothan Assault Cruiser at the page of the NJO Project for XWA at http://njoproject.skywalkeronline.net/. Maybe we may use their model(s).

Lessee, all models will be replaced, the poly limit on said models is 2k, may stretch this a bit for the more complex ships but take it as a rough guideline. Bothan Assault cruiser, pulsar station and Kaloth thingy (isnt that from star trek?) dont fit in with the time line were going with and we dont have a very large shiplist so I'm not in favour of these. Correllian Gunship is done though pic attached. I'd also like to drop the DS if thats possible, doesnt exactly fit in with the timeline and i never liked it but I dont think thats gonna go down too well :P Anyways I'll start a new topic concerning the line out this ones getting a bit cluttered.

http://www.boomspeed.com/meejahhor/cg.jpg

Heres one of the bulk cruiser too

http://www.boomspeed.com/meejahhor/neutronstar2.jpg