Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World

SOCL

Master and Commander: Yay or Nay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Master and Commander: Yay or Nay?

• YAY!
    • NAY!
    • Neutral...it wasn't that great.

Well, for those of you who haven't heard about this movie, it's based on two novels and has Russel Crowe as the main character/hero. It's the story of a British destroyer during the Napoleonic War. Well, last night (14 November) it was released in theaters here in the USA and I went to go see it. I must say, I was quite impressed and enjoyed it VERY much. Russel Crowe brings the same intense characterization he brought to movies like Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind, including some violin solos he learned himself specifically for the movie. If you get a chance, watch it!

For those of you who have seen it, I have made a poll. If you haven't...go see it and then vote!

Haven't seen it, it's not out over here yet, but i do concur, it certainly looks good. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Saw it last night. This was an excellent movie. The destructive force of these warships was impressive and the fight scenes seemed quite realistic. The acting was top notch. The surgeon was excellent as was the little blond kid

Saw it last night. This was an excellent movie. The destructive force of these warships was impressive and the fight scenes seemed quite realistic. The acting was top notch. The surgeon was excellent as was the little blond kid
Yes; I must say, it showed one the "art" of Naval warfare.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scathane

Yeah, sure! You should have seen a lot of things... Like the film in which they show you the IKEA-scene (Urni in the movie) in Fight Club (in fact, you should see the entire movie), you should see the opening scene of Swordfish, you should see duality, you should see Finding Nemo...

You should see the The Matrix leader I made for Deloitte... :D

Yeah, sure! You should have seen a lot of things... Like the film in which they show you the IKEA-scene (Urni in the movie) in Fight Club (in fact, you should see the entire movie), you should see the opening scene of Swordfish, you should see duality, you should see Finding Nemo...

You should see the The Matrix leader I made for Deloitte... :D

Well, I have seen "Finding Nemo"... :oops:

Guest JediIgor

Ah, it's out already? I must see it asap! :)

I was wondering just which war they were talking about.. I thought War of 1812, because there was a famous American privateer that sunk around a 100 British ships.

Ah, it's out already? I must see it asap! :)
Indeed!

I was wondering just which war they were talking about.. I thought War of 1812, because there was a famous American privateer that sunk around a 100 British ships.
It's the Napoleonic war between Britain and France...it should around--about--the same time, though, but don't hold me to that.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what the proper name of the war between the British and French during Napoleon's rule was...any help?

• 5 months later...
Might download it sometime. :D

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

The joys of a 10Mb network connection with 10,000 other people. :D

Haha.

Unfortunately nobody has it... and only about 300 people use the ftp.

That needs money. I don't have any right now.

Aye, most of the rentals in my vicinity are down to 1€ a day for a dvd.

One is even at 50cent for older ones (~3months and beyond). So even with my empty-student-wallet I can't complain. 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif