Alien vs. Predator

SOCL

I was watching Alien: The Director's Cut in an I-MAX theater in a mall in Nashville with my friend, and of course, here came the previews. ARGH! Forty minutes of previews (I could gripe about that, so use this thread for that too)!!! But then...there it was! The final preview was a quick one, showing a few scales, a bit of flashy this and that, and then a quick black exoskeleton...then the earth from space. Across the screen were the following:

"AVP: Alien VS Predator"

Me and my friend, on the verge of committing suicide from the endless babble of the previews, practically leapt out of our seats in excitment! ALIEN VS PREDATOR, AT LAST!!! It's scheduled to come out some time in August of next year!!! I just thought some of you might be interested in knowing about that!

We also saw a pretty cool preview for Timeline a movie based on the AWESOME novel by Michael Cricthon (writer of Jurassic Park, Sphere, and The Andromeda Strain).

yea I heard they'd started principle photography just last month. Good 'ol Lance Hentrikson will be in it from what I saw on that space.com link. I'm siked despite opinions I'd heard of the director from other fans. (still grumpy that they didn't accept the first comic plot offered) But who knows, with all the producers having one thing or other to do with each franchise, maybe it won't be so bad.

Something else that seems a little unsettling is the release date, I'd have thought this would have been a 2005 summer type thing, not a summer/fall 2004 release. I would have also thought they'd need time for all their post production magic (cgi work and what have you).

Something else that seems a little unsettling is the release date, I'd have thought this would have been a 2005 summer type thing, not a summer/fall 2004 release. I would have also thought they'd need time for all their post production magic (cgi work and what have you).
What is unsettling about it? The way "movie magic" moves these days, a good movie can be turned out in an unorthodox small amount of time.

Um, if you check the official site it gives dedtails on an interview of the plot, which doesn't look amazing, but has potential, also, i was unnder the impression that they'd pretty much finished shooting now.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Um, if you check the official site it gives dedtails on an interview of the plot, which doesn't look amazing, but has potential, also, i was unnder the impression that they'd pretty much finished shooting now.
You may be correct about the shooting. I don't know much about it, I just thought I should inform everyone so that way the people who don't know of its existance would...and then get more info. :D

SOCL: Tis cool, not meant as any sorta criticism. :)

Can't wait to see it meself. Up here at uni, WITHOUT my AvP games, or the dvd's. Did see Revolution the other night though, but see my thread on that. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

• 5 months later...
Guest Scathane
I must admit: a definite must-see. What do you guys think about the upcoming Chronicles of Riddick?

Potentially rather good i'd say....

Sky Captain looks quality, and i have it on good authority that Van Helsing is pretty darned good. :D

Guest Scathane
Van Helsing is graphically very attractive but I felt the story was a bit slow at sometimes... :(

Yeah, some of my mates were saying that it's a purdy film but nothing more.

Purdy = pretty. Not sure which culture that's from... i think it's South USA... stereotypical of course. :lol:

Gah!!! Tried to load up the first game, can get as far as starting a level but then the game crashes. Graphics card issue. :? But it used to work fine before i upgraded. :?