Research and development

foolishfool3

Hey. I used to play this game in middle school and recently had the urge to play again lol. Anyway, I'm still on my first game, like day 7 or 8 hundred, and I have 2 guys researching ship design and still can't build SDII's or VSDII's or a SSD. just curious how long it usually takes to get these technologies?

against the computer only about 500-800 turns at most easily.

against real humans it is more of a challenge.

You can edit the research using the editor to speed up research for both sides. RebEd or the new SWR: Editor 2.0 made by Erratone.

They work better in pairs, put them on a joint mission by selecting both characters then mission, assign both as agents with no decoys. Research will be slightly faster.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

They work better in pairs, put them on a joint mission by selecting both characters then mission, assign both as agents with no decoys. Research will be slightly faster.

The one thing I like about "combining" everyone together in a single "research" mission is the number of (irritating) "progress messages" is reduced. The old debate of several individual research missions vs a combined research mission for best progress is still "up in the air" as far as I'm concerned, but less progress messages is "better" :D

My games usually get around day 2000, +/- 500 days depending on my game style at the time (and other circumstances). Don't rush things; the "fun" is the journey towards victory, not the "victory" itself. :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?