A good mod?

Bromley

Question

I posted this in Newbies because I'm sure it's something that you'll have answered before. I did search, but couldn't find what I wanted.

I played the game pretty extensively a couple of years ago. My biggest gripe was with the way I could beat the AI at spec ops. From memory, my troop of super tough guys would wipe out all defences on a planet and then my troops would invade. Fair enough if the AI could do the same. It couldn't come close though.

So, I'd like a mod that:

1. Downplays the value of one sides character spec ops (I'd be that side).

2. If what I read about poor AI development of the Force is true, a mod that has no unknown force types and that has Luke already as a master (if I'm playing as the Empire)

Does that sort of thing exist? Thanks :) .

btw, I prefer to be the Empire, although I realise that any "realistic" mods will probably force me to be the Rebels.

4 answers to this question

Um, i should think that RebEd is your best bet. Check the top left of the page for where to get it. That lets you manually change values for units and characters, including being able to make Luke uber hard, and increase or decrease the levels of any unit, including specops.

Btw, i see your username is Bromley. Is that by any chance Bromley in Kent, very close to London, right next to Croydon? Or is it something completely else?!?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

hehe. I thought that someone might have used Red Ed to generate that sort of scenario already. I'll give it a go though, thanks :) .

On the Bromley thing - spot on, although it's also part of my RL name. Are you from around there?

I'm a Croydon lad meself, although i'm currently in Lancaster at Uni. I've spent a fair bit of time in Bromley, cos my ex lives there. Though more in the West Wickham area. This makes you one of the very few British guys on the site. Along with myself and Jahled, who lives in London. Hopefully we'll see you around lots in the forums. Get stuck in, and don't worry if we all seem slightly insane or a convo seems to be way over your head, it's just cos we're all a lil bit geeky!!! :lol:

It is possible that someone may have done it, check the TC downloads, i don't think there's one, but i could be wrong.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

God help us! Another fellow Brit. :)

Ah well, perhaps our dead-pan sense of humor might be appreciated by another soul. :wink:

Anyhows, using RebEd to edit stuff to tailor to your said requirements is very easy. If you want to have a seriously hard time against a Spec Forced up enemy simply use RebEd and add something like 15 or 20 to the values of your opponant's special forces mission attribute scores. I wont even say something like it's not that dramatic, because a simply nudge like that and, unless you've tweeked settings for your own side to oppose this lob-sided threat; you'll quickly find your fleets being located, defenses blown, and systems of questionable loyalty in uproar... all that and early in the game... before you can hide behind massive fleets... :twisted:

I do get carried away! But anyway, if you want Luke to start as one hard Jedi Fiend Master, I suggest you up his Jedi level to a 100 or so. He'll be hard as bull in a cow shed, but without getting into 'silly status' (where there's no risk of loosing out during the final battle).

Just thoughts. People usually proove me completely wrong...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif