The Imperator Strikes Back

SOCL

The SWR members speak amongst themselves of times gone by; of the first and second Zoot wars, of the endless Canadian jokes, and of the spam that once terrorized the site. Silence fills the the forum as a single voice in the backdrop whispers: "And the BEAK Imperium..."

Once again the forum is filled with silence. Many of those new to SWR have questioning looks on their faces, not sure of what imperium is being spoke of and why on earth it would be called BEAK... The older...now, hopefully, wiser and, ultimately, senior members sigh....

A shadow is suddenly cast upon the floor of the cyber-forum...an oddly familiar shadow. All look to this newcomer, but he is not new....

Hello, everyone...I have returned....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I wrote a reply to this with a good explanation of everything that is under this, but then Kelly accidentally deleted...I'll explain her in a second)

Okay, I owe everyone an explanation of what has happened to me since my disappearance, but first and foremost, I must explain why all these events came into happening. But before all that, I must first send out a public thanks to my friends who worried about me during my time gone. You guys know who you are and from the bottom of my heart I thank you all, for I now know whom my true friends are.

Now, let's go on to why I disappeared. So gather around and hear...err...read a story of war, infection, loss, and victory....

The story starts where most people wouldn't have expected it. Hints were being given by my computer that it no longer desired to function correctly (many of you remember my small disappearances before the grand disappearance). This was followed by the release of a terrible foe, the damned worm virus (a spawn of Zoot, I'm sure :roll: ). These events conspired against me to infect my computer and bring about a sudden loss of use of my old computer for Internet purposes...the First PC War had been lost.

Then came reinforcements: I acquired a brand new Dell computer and had hopes of reestablishing a new bastion there where I could forge out my computer life once again...but I was wrong. Apparently realizing my sudden reability to gain Internet access, the worm virus moved in and invaded this one. I was beat back to wage war alone for a long time without the help of the Internet, and then word came of a patch for Windows XP. Reading it on television, I found a way that I could outsmart my foe and through ruthless fighting I was finally able to expel the invader from my computer and set up a defensive line that would prevent it from ever occuring again. Licking my wounds, I logged online and reported back to headquarters...and here I am.

Okay, so that was rather confusing. The point is, I had an old computer which barely worked, then the worm virus invaded and it no longer works online. So I got a new computer (this one), that too was infected by the virus, but I got it out and have secured my new PC. In the process, though, I was unable to acquire the use of badly awaited DSL access and have been forced to return to regular dial-up with Earthlink...but, hey...at least I'm back! :D

Now that you know why I was gone, let me fill all of you in on what has happened since:

-Remember how I used to work as a Lifeguard? Well, due to terrible pay and infighting amongst the administration, I have decided to quit. My last day shall be the first of October.
    -School has started back up and I am currently a teacher's aide. I evidentally proved myself to be a better teacher's aide than the others and am now being allowed to teacher World History class three to four time a week (out of a total of five days)! :D
    -Holly left me for another guy almost immeditaley after I disappeared from SWR back a few months ago.
    -I have another, more serious, girlfriend, and she is Kelly.
    -I have submitted a piece of my writing to a publisher and am currently awaiting review.
    -I have decided to not join the U.S. Navy. Along with that, I shall not, as of now, join the military.
    -I have changed what major I shall pursue to that of history from the time of Sumerians up until the fall of Rome and, possibly, Byzantine.
    -Lastly, and most sadly: You guys remember Colonel Peterson, our honorary SWR member and military commentor. Well, while I was away from SWR, he was deployed to Iraq. His second day there, while en route to headquarters, his convoy was ambushed and he was killed in the fire-fight that ensued....

So there you have it, why and what has happened since my disappearance. Now I have a few questions:

-What's new?
    -Who's new?
    -Who's left from before my disappearance?
    -Has Elvis returned?
    -Why does it seem like all of disappeared at the same time?
    -What's happened in the RPG?
    -What's new with the forum ranking system?

Lastly, I can't get the stormtrooper Gimpy avatar to work again!!! :x

(-Lastly, and most sadly: You guys remember Colonel Peterson, our honorary SWR member and military commentor. Well, while I was away from SWR, he was deployed to Iraq. His second day there, while en route to headquarters, his convoy was ambushed and he was killed in the fire-fight that ensued....

Sad and troubled I am. I am truely sorry to hear of his death. My grandfather was a true fighter as well. He went off to Spain to fight against Franco and his fascists, was captured and tortured, returned to England to serve in Africa, Italy, Austria, and Germany. I guess he either had a serious problem with people into fascist politics, or was seriously shagged when it came to 'doing his bit.' Anyway, he married a woman whose family ran from the other fascists in Europe at the time; the Red Army, representing the vermin known as Commanism, and died two years ago as the last Yorkshireman to have gone to Spain. His funeral was quite moving.

In the wake of his funeral, his wife Juanna gave to me his military medals, of which I am seriously proud.

About a year or so before he died the Spanish government organized a trip of the veterans of the brigades who went to Spain. Grandad and his surviving mates marched to the people of Spain, or Catalonia at least, throwing flowers upon them from balconeys. In his rumblings of old age he admitted being moved to tears.

War must be a ghastly business. I've seen some horrible shit simply as a despatch rider on the roads of London. Whatever your political stance on the Iraq-occupation, your man, Colonel Peterson, without doubt went there to serve for reasons more noble than those of the Bush/Blair administration's political objectives. For that alone I shall spend more than a moment of silence in his memory. :!:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

First of all: WELCOME BACK!!!

Second: I'm really sorry to hear of the Colonel's death. R.I.P.

Third: Your questions:

What's new?

Not much...

Who's new?

Some new guys, apparently the Multiplayer part of the thread has attracted some of the quiet members to reveal themselves. If you read through the threads of General Disc... You'll see some new faces.

Elvis is in limbo, as for now, he has been pretty sporadic, but he'll be back after his starts university.

Why didi it seem as if all of us disappeared. I can speak of myself, and my Abi exams, except for math (may my math teacher burn in hell), I did very good.

The RPG? Not much only about 5 replies since your last... Not too mention that between one of mine and one of Scath's posts is a span of almost a month!!!

I think the new forum ranking system is in the same situation as my new avatar and title... :?

And Zoot... well... 2000 posts... gulp....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I have apparently not fully returned. Why do I say this? Well, my damned avatar isn't working! I did the right thing and it won't work!!! :x I entered the URL into the appropriate box and hit "Submit", but it still doesn't work! Here's the URL and it does work: http://www.daktanion.dk/Images/Bouncestormgimpy2.gif Can someone help me get it back up and running and, thus, assist in the complete return of the BEAK Imperium and its grand imperator, please?

Guest Scathane

Your avatar not working is because the link says: http://www.swrebellion.net/gallery/http://www.daktanion.dk/Images/Bouncestormgimpy2.gif

I blieve E tried hosting all avatars on the site but something must've gone wrong...

I am very, very sorry to hear about Colonel Peterson... :( As the silent contributor to this website, he is with me in my thoughts...

I don't mean to keep making things depressing, but his funeral was quite a sight. It included a gun salute, a color guard, bag-pipes, and taps being played. It was very sad. He was good friend of my family and he will be dearly missed...

Colonel Peterson, RIP

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but this time it has nothing to do with my PC or anything like...instead it's, well...life.

A brief explanation (I don't have too much time right now)...

In the past few weeks (though it has seemed like months--years), the following matters have occured:

-I was arrested for protesting the Patriot Act (it was a peaceful demonstration, I assure you). They claimed I was trying to insight a revolution against the United States of America. I was let free less than a day later due to a lack of evidence on their part....
    -My father was breifly deployed from Korea to assist in an operation of some sort in Iraq...on his fifth day there his unit was fired upon and he was wounded....
    -Kelly, my girlfriend, has fallen extremely ill recently and the doctors here have determined that she has cancer....

I won't be around much for some time.

Sorry, my friends.

Ah man, my deeepest condolencecs on all piececs of bad news. Our thoughts are with you, our family, and friends over this hard time.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but this time it has nothing to do with my PC or anything like...instead it's, well...life.

A brief explanation (I don't have too much time right now)...

In the past few weeks (though it has seemed like months--years), the following matters have occured:

• -I was arrested for protesting the Patriot Act (it was a peaceful demonstration, I assure you). They claimed I was trying to insight a revolution against the United States of America. I was let free less than a day later due to a lack of evidence on their part....
    -My father was breifly deployed from Korea to assist in an operation of some sort in Iraq...on his fifth day there his unit was fired upon and he was wounded....
    -Kelly, my girlfriend, has fallen extremely ill recently and the doctors here have determined that she has cancer....

I won't be around much for some time.

Sorry, my friends.

WOW! Terribley sorry to hear about your situation right now. Remeber, when your down you can only go up!

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

I'm really sorry to hear all that stuff my friend.

I hope things get better for you in the days ahead. We will look forward to your return.

Remember the Force will be with you. Always. (I always wanted to say that)

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing new, really. My father's still recovering from his wounds in a hospital in Germany. Kelly's condition has not improved but, luckily, it hasn't gotten worse. I'm actually about to go to her house to visit her and see how she's doing. I'll tell her all of you said hello. Once again, thanks, everyone (sorry if I don't sound to enthusiastic, but I haven't slept in two days).

I feel with you my friend. I'm wishing you all the best! I think you handling the situation quite good. Try to keep it like this! And if you have some time, and if you want to, please write some words to your buddies here. Just let us know, how you are. And give a huge kiss to Kelly for me (now don't get it wrong :wink: )!!!

. . .

. . .

Last night at about 12:00 AM Central Standard Time I recieved a phone call to come to the hospital as soon as possible: Kelly had taken a turn for the worse. Everything was in an uproar when I got there and so it took me a while to get through and to find Kelly. When I did she was hardly breathing and could barely talk from how weak she was.

At about 2:30 this morning, Kelly lost the battle and is now with the angels in a better place.

Thank you, everyone, for your support.

It's always going to be touch and go what you can say at moments like this, and whether you phrase it right, which I doubt I will; but I will try:

I'm going to quote something the Buddha said a couple of thousand years ago.

Buddha said: 'I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles, I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the Universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians . I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden bracade ina dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation (>prayer) as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmere of daytime. I look upon the judgement of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons.'

If you look into that more deeply than what may at first glimmer in the shallows, you will unearth a great deal of beauty, insight and strength from the depths; regardless of whatever path of spiritual method you tred.

From our own private contacts, I think you know that my thoughts are with you, your family, and Kelly's family at this moment in time. I am deeply sorry to read of her passing.

You have my strength as a friend at this moment of time.

-James

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I feel, I must write some rows here too, but I'm out of words.

I can't really add anything to this, Jahled wrote my thoughts. It's a tragedy for us, those who are living, yet better for Kelly now. She passed and leaved us in deep sorrow. As a buddhist, I would recite Buddha's words too, but Jahled just wrote it. The most HARDEST thing is to let her pass now. Let her pass, that's the only thing you can do...

You have my full support as a friend SOCL! And I know we can't do anything for you now, just to feel with you..But if you need any help from us, or anything in the World, just let us know! And thank you for taking time to visit us even at this moment. I'm with you...

Thomas

Thank you all for your support. It has been friends like you guys/gals who have kept me sane and, almost literally, from taking some drastic measures to escape the pain. Thank you, all, so much, I am eternally in your debts. Thank you.

Umm, it's been a while, but I think it means : It's nothing, it's for free.

Right, Scath ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif