General Photoshoping question!

Jahled

Ok guys, Evaders has just uploaded some of the cards i've been pestering him with, one of which is one i'm quietly quite proud of; Russel Crow as Baron Fel! Not because I think it's the 101% article, but because it was my first real attempt at using someone's head onto a card background. Sure, I know when you look closely you can see the obvious failings in my imaging skills, but it works in gameplay quite well.

My question is this: how on earth do I 'merge' the neck colours into the card template i'm using? I'm no expert on imaging skills, so a fairly basic brief run through would be much appreciated! It seems more rewarding to create cards, even when using real people, to have a Star Wars themed template/costume!

Thanks guys! :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Umm, I haven't seen the pic yet, but what about if you let the edges (throat and collar) overlap each other and blur it a little at this region ?

Maybe with a little transparency, too.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

• 1 month later...

Yes, and use the smudge tool if necessary. Wach out for things like shadows and colors balances. If a guy is lightened from the right and his head is lightened from the left, it will look very disturbing..

(do you say in english lightened, or lightned or lamped or what? Sorry for the grammar question...)

I guess we'd say lit or you might say if the ight source is on the right or left. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No, you'd just say, 'if the guy is lit from the right side...'

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

OT - three of my favorite sound bites from "The Simpsons":

Homer: "English? Who needs that? I'm never goin' to England!"

Ralph Wiggum: "Me fail English??? That's unpossible!"

Apu: "I'm terribly sorry, sir, I do not speak English."

Guest Scathane

Although you're probably not going to get this...

A Belgian guy is holiday, walking through London. Having heard about its legendary policemen, called Bobbies, he’s delighted to finally see one in real life. So, he walks up to the Bobby and says: “Nice weather, hey?!”

Says the Bobby: “yes, Sir, spring is in the air.”

Says the Belgian guy: “Why should I?”

:lol::lol::lol:

Gonna have to explain that to me? Would he be telling you to jump or soemthing?!? :?

Guest Scathane
Gonna have to explain that to me? Would he be telling you to jump or soemthing?!? :?
Exactly. The Dutch verb spingen means to jump...

• 9 months later...
Just in case anyone cares, you can quite easily make your aliens look more alien-like if you have PS 7.0 or higher (6 might have it). Use the 'liquify' filter and then use the bulge effect over eyes etc. This is very effective. then use like a color overlay using the hue/saturation bars, to make your person different colours. I've made some of my teachers look very much like Admiral Ackbar using these techniques!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa