• Biker Scout
    • TIE Pilot
    • AT-AT pilot
    • AT-ST Pilot
    • DS Gunner
    • Imperial Gunner
    • Other (name in post)

What is your favorite Imperial trooper?

The Emperors Royal Guard is excluded because it isn't a combat trooper it is an elite grouep of bodyguards

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

My favorite is the TIE Pilot because the have flashy black uniforms, They walk stupid but their uniforms and helmets are cool

My favorites are the Stormtroopers.

The reason ist their Power in mass.

I find its quite cool to occupies a weak system with MANY of them :) and it looks great if they march in formation around at the occupied system :D

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

My favorite troopers are both others- the Darktroopers because of their powers and weapons; the Blackhole Stormtroopers because of their totally black Stormtrooper armor.-Grand Moff Conway

I also dig the DS gunners sleek looks. Ironically they seem to be one of the few helmeted trooper types, not counting the clone troopers from the previous generation that have respectable vision through them. I like the biker scouts, but they gave them blinders :)

"Peripheral vision? We don't need no stinkin' peripheral vision." :)

I voted for the Snowtrooper.

When I first saw Empire many (many) years ago, the snowtrooper armor with its long face cowl looked really intimidating, and that is what first came to mind when I saw the poll. :)

Striking terror in the hearts of rebel scum for over 30 years

I voted for the Snowtrooper.

When I first saw Empire many (many) years ago, the snowtrooper armor with its long face cowl looked really intimidating, and that is what first came to mind when I saw the poll. :)

If the Royal Guard is out, I´ll agree with Valkir and go with the snowtrooper. The cowl give them a menacing faceless look. :D

Here goes nothing! - Lando

I also dig the DS gunners sleek looks. Ironically they seem to be one of the few helmeted trooper types, not counting the clone troopers from the previous generation that have respectable vision through them. I like the biker scouts, but they gave them blinders :)

"Peripheral vision? We don't need no stinkin' peripheral vision." :)

That's just to keep them focused on what's ahead of 'em...like trees. Worked really well, didn't it? :wink: Oh! And they help keep the sun outta their eyes. :D

The Biker Scouts are my favorites for several reasons. Their armor appears to be more flexible and utilitarian, even if inappropriate for a temperate forested climate. They'd have fared better if they had SOME kind of camo, but despite that they look pretty cool. Secondly, they had to have some pretty fine-tuned reflexes to be entrused with Imperial speeder-bikes as their only means of transportation on a heavily forested world, indicating they were a cut above the "elite marksmen" stormtroopers. :roll: Thirdly, they had to operate independantly of ANY kind of support other than their fellow scout troopers and their speeder bikes, indicating they were more of a ranger/special forces type of unit. Sure they may not have been the brightest bulbs in the universe, but they certainly seemed to be more kick-butt than your run-of-the-mill Storm Trooper or TIE pilot.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I kinda like the snow troopers,

1: Because they look a bit cooler than regular stormies (no, it's not meant to be a pun and a horrible one at that)

2: Because they're the few stormies that actually kick some ass, they wipe that frosty rebel base of the map in short order. Most of the other stormies are bungling idiots who can't control some furry muppets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nursie: Another good idea. You're so clever today, you'd better make sure your foot doesn't fall off.

Queenie: Is that what happens when you have good ideas? Your foot falls off.

Nursie: Oh yes! My brother had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe, and his foot fell off!

I kinda like the snow troopers,

1: Because they look a bit cooler than regular stormies (no, it's not meant to be a pun and a horrible one at that)

2: Because they're the few stormies that actually kick some ass, they wipe that frosty rebel base of the map in short order. Most of the other stormies are bungling idiots who can't control some furry muppets.

The one's kicking those "Furry Muppets" were some of the empire's best men :wink:

Guest Scathane
I voted for the regular Stormtrooper. It like them best as the Sandtroopers in the movies. Outside of the movies, I think the concept of Blackhole Stormtroopers is very appealing...

Guest Scathane
I always thought the Speederbikes themselves are one of the coolest vehicles throughout the movies (I sometimes imgine myself having one when I'm caught up in a 16 kilometer trafiic jam :twisted: ) but I'm not so sure about their riders' outfits... :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine, like Scath's, is the Sandtrooper, but I simply voted Stormtrooper because it is the same basic uniform/armor and so forth (looks-wise).

But I took exception to this:

The Emperors Royal Guard is excluded because it isn't a combat trooper it is an elite grouep of bodyguards
This isn't 100% true. Though they were elite bodyguards, their primary training was that of soldiers. In the novels (i.e. Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future), you'll notice that there is mention made to the fact that Royal Guardsmen actually do work with stormtroopers more often than they do as elite bodyguards since they are continously circulated through the system from being bodyguards to being stormtroopers. It would probably compare to being a Delta Force operator in the United States' of America Army. They are only allowed 1-2 year terms in the unit before they must serve in a regular special operations unit or regular unit all together; after at least a year is served outside of Delta Force, they apply to be considered again for it. So, though the Imperial Royal Guards' mission is probably that of a bodyguard, they are actually soldiers/troopers with bodyguard training. So I beg to differ when you say they should be excluded from the list on the grounds that they are not troopers (which they are).

..err...well I can't resist this crap repost, because I think the Imperial Cow-Trooper has a lot to justify his expense in Imperial coffers...

...err...umm...well...err.... he's got some descent camouflage compared to his clone buddies....and.... errr... he's got some training with native wildlife....

heck! Time for bed.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Mine, like Scath's, is the Sandtrooper, but I simply voted Stormtrooper because it is the same basic uniform/armor and so forth (looks-wise).

But I took exception to this:

This isn't 100% true. Though they were elite bodyguards, their primary training was that of soldiers. In the novels (i.e. Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future), you'll notice that there is mention made to the fact that Royal Guardsmen actually do work with stormtroopers more often than they do as elite bodyguards since they are continously circulated through the system from being bodyguards to being stormtroopers. It would probably compare to being a Delta Force operator in the United States' of America Army. They are only allowed 1-2 year terms in the unit before they must serve in a regular special operations unit or regular unit all together; after at least a year is served outside of Delta Force, they apply to be considered again for it. So, though the Imperial Royal Guards' mission is probably that of a bodyguard, they are actually soldiers/troopers with bodyguard training. So I beg to differ when you say they should be excluded from the list on the grounds that they are not troopers (which they are).

Woops, I forgot that, well, I am ashamed of myself, I should have known well, you can't know it all but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

hey, Jahled nice cowtrooper made for occupiying holladn or what?

Sea trooper for me, i know it's not there, but they're so damn cool!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Really not sure, but i like the concept!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away