What are your favorite strategy games besides Rebellion?

igorimp

I also played World in Flames in my youth ( no jokes SOCL 8) )
What?! :? What's that supposed to mean?! :?

This, I think...:

World in Flames Classic Game

Description

World in Flames is Australian Design group's international award winning game that is the strategic game of World War II. Five full-colour maps portray all the theatres of war: Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle East, India, Asia, the Pacific, the Atlantic and (most importantly) Australia.

1400 counters represent the armies and corps, the aircraft carriers, the naval task forces and the air groups that took part. Everything you need to re-fight the greatest conflict in history.

Two to six players make the strategic decisions that decide the fate of nations. What forces to produce, where to commit them, when and how? No two games of World in Flames play the same, no strategy is foolproof, any decision may have unforseen, long-term consequences.

World in Flames contains 1400 counters, 5 maps, 2 combat charts, one Production Circle and the comprehensive ©2003 rules and scenarios booklets, that have been extensively updated and revised based on 2 million playing hours of the world's greatest game.

If you want to change the world then World in Flames is for you.

And....

World in Flames and all their components and kits, in both their electronic and printed forms, are Copyright 1985 ~ 2002

I still don't get "Imperator"'s "no jokes" comment. :?

I don't like Age ofs and Starcraft, Warcrafts, Red Alerts.
American games, heh-heh. :lol:

Sorry SOCL..... Trev knows what I'm talking about. I was just referring to a comment you made in another thread about my age.......' you're THAT old?' or something like that.

I was just having a playful dig..... :roll:

You have failed me for the last time

What is Life? Life is the Nation. The Individual must die anyway. Beyond the Life of the Individual is the Nation.

Sorry SOCL..... Trev knows what I'm talking about. I was just referring to a comment you made in another thread about my age.......' you're THAT old?' or something like that.

I was just having a playful dig..... :roll:

8O THAT old, ehh?

:wink:

• 2 months later...

Son of a bit--

Oh, sorry, I just got my ass whooped and for the life of me, I do NOT know how! :x I have a fleet of one SSD, three ISD IIs, four Strike-class cruisers, and a single Interdictor, all with full fighter cover (the Interdictor has been modified to carry one fighter). Okay, a rebel fleet with a single Liberator, it's fighters, and a VSD show up. I figure, hell, my fleet can take them on, so I let the computer run the show. Seconds later: my fleet has been lost! I have no fighters, no ISDs, no Strikes, and my SSD is in ruins! Additionally, the rebel fleet got away without a scratch, except for losing three fighters...

All I have to say is: WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?! :x

Well, either they've had more coffee, or your version of the game doesn't like you.

You know, this is getting some kind of a running gag :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Just goes to show you...

Into everyone's life, a little coffee must fall.

I've had similar experiences where I send 8 groups of X-wings against an ISD and somehow they all get shot down. :oops: Only this was in tactical mode.

Never did figure that one out.... :evil: Usually the auto-calculate works best. Maybe it was because you were using a Rebel VSD and the auto-calc choked on it?

We do not know the mysteries of the auto-calc. 8O Use it wisely, young warrior. 8O

:D:P Droids Rule! Fleshies Drool! :P:D

Indeed, but that is common consensus in the forums... All of us have agreed in separate occasions that SOCL's game hates him...

SOCL, you should ask the LucasArts guys for a patch to fix the feelings the game shows for you...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane

He did:

----- Original Message -----

To: "LucasArts"

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 2:37 PM

Subject: The game doesn’t like me

Dear Support,

I have a copy of you’re great game called Star Wars: Rebellion. Moreover, I am a member of a great community called http://www.swrebellion.net. Well, so what?! you would say…

The point is that I seem to be experiencing some strange things when playing this game. For example, I recently lost a fleet battle (which I had the AI take care of) although I overpowered my enemies 10 to 1. Stuff like that has happened to me on several occasions.

At first I thought this resulted form the fact that I’m a lousy strategist but, after mulyiple meticulous analyses, my friends at http://www.swrebellion.net and myself agree that the game doesn’t like me. Now, I understand that nobody likes me, and that this is more of a generic issue inherent to my person rather than anything else. I also understand that this isa problem which I have had to deal with ever since I was born. Nevertheless, I would kindly request you to write a patch to fix the feelings the game shows for me.

I would be much obliged.

Yours truly,

SOCL

Grand Imperator of BEAK

To: "SOCL"

Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:30 PM

Subject: RE: The game doesn’t like me

Dear SOCL,

We regret to inform you that we, here at Support, seem to be unable to provide you with a patch that fixes the feelings the game shows for you. We have been at it for almost three days, but have been unsuccessful.

At first, we tried writing the patch Feelings 1.0 but the game seemed to be unaffected and oblivious to any change in attitude towards your person. We then went on to produce Feelings 1.1 but then, the problem arose that the game didn’t understand the patch. So, we wrote a Boring Explanation to tell the game what Feeling 1.1 was intended to do. However, the game returned us a message, saying that the Boring Explanation was full of syntax errors.

As a consequence of this we had to write a patch for Feelings 1.1, called BEAK 1.0, which was aimed to explain the game what Feelings 1.1 intended to do and take out all the syntax errors. Unfortunately, BEAK 1.0 seemed to live a life (but not as we know it) all on its own, as it came down with a loop, which was obviously due to redundancy matters in the code. So, next, we wrote BEAK 1.1 beta, to fix BEAK 1.0; things really went downhill from there.

We have now landed on BEAK 11.3.5, Service Pack 245 and still have not reached a solution. It seems that BEAK is unfit for any known programming language, and we suspect that the only possible solution lies in:

1. Borg-technology
    2. Bistromathics
    3. Quantum-technology for the 33rd century A.D.

Therefore, in order for us to continue with finding a solution, we suggest that you transfer a reasonable $32.01 Billion to our bank account so that we can proceed to look for a solutions in these fields of technology. If not, then the game just doesn’t like you… Deal with it.

Yours truly,

LucasArts Support