Re: Meeting Topic: Week Ending 11/11

Dorkthehunter

would it be possible to host it on a mIRC? if so that sounds a good option either that or on MSN.

We shouldn't have a one day one time meeting. I think if we have meetings all week everyweek, like I said earlier, it will work a lot better. I know that my schedule won't work out for me being at a meeting online for a while. I can pop on the forums for 5 or 10 minutes and post replies or concerns here and that would work better. I don't think I'm the only one in this same boat. Also, we won't have to worry about hosting a meeting on some other site, we can just do it here. I am planning on starting a meeting topic for this week, ending November 11, Veterans Day.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Does anyone now how we can merge subforums? :) I can't restructurate anything until I figure out how its done :(

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

EDITED: For meeting ending 11/11(this Saturday). Feel free to talk about any issues, news, spammers, suggestions, etc throughout the week in this thread.

Cain brought up the question

Does anyone now how we can merge subforums?  I can't restructurate anything until I figure out how its done

I dunno much about this, but to the best of my knowledge, Fosh is right. We would have to do it thread by thread. We could make Evaders do it to prove that SWRebellion is still worth staying at....*evil grin*

Since we know that we are gonna merge subforums, why don't we start doing it thread by thread now? Well first we probably have to figure out what we are going to merge them into, but we need to make a plan on this and take action on it ASAP, or else this change probably won't happen and the forums could be hurt because of it.

I propose that we have at least 4 gaming forums. One for RTS, with subforums for  specific games. One for FPS, with similar subforums. One for RPG/Adventure, with subforums. And one for Miscellanous games, with subforums. The 4th forum could changed to be a specific genera, or just other games that don't fit in the other 3 categories. (I think someone proposed this idea elsewhere, give them credit if you know who it was)

Also, are we just doing PC games, or are we getting into console games? (only or at least mostly PC games in my humble opinion)

Do we want to have a modding subforum for each game(like a sub-subforum), a generic one for each game forum, or one for all the forums(like we do know). Or will we just cover any mods and whatnot in the subforum so there will be no need for a seperate mod forum?

We should decide on something by the end of the week, and then start implementing it next week.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

• SWR Staff - Executive

Or you can do it yourselfs..

in your profile, in 'look and layout preferences' set "Show quick-moderation on message index as" to "checkboxes" and save.

Then go to any board index and you will see checkboxes to the right (on compatible themes)

After that, you can check topics, then go down and select 'move selected to:' and select the forum in the other checkbox, then click 'go'

;D

-----

Perhaps you should create a channel on irc.blazeirc.net and have everyone connect there?

Whenever there is enough active people, just start the chat :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 2 weeks later...

Or you can do it yourselfs..

;D

-----

Perhaps you should create a channel on irc.blazeirc.net and have everyone connect there?

Whenever there is enough active people, just start the chat :)

Man thats still hard - anyway what topics do you guys think we should merge? (What with what).

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Man thats still hard - anyway what topics do you guys think we should merge? (What with what).

Well...I think we should have 4 Major Gaming Sections each with some subsections, like so:(Note. Numbers equal major section, -(lines) equal subsection, and *(asteriks) equal subsubsections

1. Real Time Strategy Games

-EAW

*Modding

-FoC

*Modding

-whatever else we want

-some other game

-etc...

2. First Person Shooters

-not sure what games we want here

-maybe CCS?

3. Role Playing Games

-KOTOR

-KOTOR 2

-something else

4. Action/Adventure

-any other game worth mentioning

And then we would have the Bar, News, New Members, Fan Forums, Maw, etc. As other forums, not a part of these.

A few questions:

1.Should we have a seperate Slag Heap for each major gaming section? That could help seperate the slag into categories so people could actually find useful info there without looking for years. I dunno if it would work technologically to specify which Slag Heap you are sending something to...

2. Should we have a Modding Subforum for each game, certain games, or just a general one?

3. What about the Military Academy(strategy center)or whatever we want to call it? Should there be one or multiples of that?

4. We should make a post(I might do it right now)on which games the forums want us to have. There might have been one earlier, but a final one could help. I'll look into it.

5. Previews and Screenshots, News, and Tech Issues. One for each game, each gaming category, or one general one?

If I think of more questions, I'll post them.

-Dorkthehunter

thats a good idea for the merging topics.

i also think that in those topics anything that come like for EAW and FOC you have the Modding forums and stuff.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!