Re: Meeting Topic: Week Ending 11/11

Dorkthehunter

I think that these meeting topics will help the mods and administrators combine their ideas and efforts into a plan that actually gets done.

In these topics post:

1. Anything planned for the week(events, previews, screenshots to be posted, etc)

2. New info that comes out during the week so that all of the mods/admins are informed

3. Spamming members or a spam thread

4. Suggestions to help the forum

5. Issues that arise during the week

6. Propositions for new Moderators

Think of this as a Mock Congress session(or Parliament, or whatever). It's the leaders coming together and discussing upcoming things for the week, and then addressing issues and whatnot that comes up during the week. It will make sure that we are all on the same page in terms of what's happening at PFF, the future direction of the forums, issues that we run into, etc. The biggest goal of this is for the leaders to talk to each other, and to make sure that the forums are going to survive. I remember back when the mods used to talk to each other and the forums were happy and excited, and want to bring back the "good old days".

Edited by Dorkthehunter

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

A moderator meetings every mondays? Sure if you want

Read closer. It says week ENDING 11/5 (maybe that's not Saturday...well...I guess it depends on which time zone you're in) So the "meetings" are all week long!!! WOOT! (technically)But if you guys want a specified day for meetings...I guess we could do that, even though I think a meeting topic for all week would be best.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Just mocking people who can't read in modding section and on PF :P

Ok seriously now..sunday? ok then fine

We would have a meeting topic for each week. Once that week is over, there would be a new topic for the next week. A week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. You can talk about any of these 6 things(may add more if they come up):

In these topics post:

1. Anything planned for the week(events, previews, screenshots to be posted, etc)

2. New info that comes out during the week so that all of the mods/admins are informed

So on Sunday, someone could post an event planned for that week so that the mods can publicise it or free their busy schedules.  :P

And then on Monday maybe one person would report a spam thread, and another person would post that new info has come out for Spore, or some other game.

Maybe on Wednesday someone feels compelled to propose that someone should be a moderator, then we would debate on that until it here until they are accepted or rejected.

Then maybe nothing really happens on Thursday at the forums, but someone has a huge paper due, so we could talk about that and wish them luck.(note: not a spam thread) I want us to be friends in the Maw, so this could promote that.

And then Saturday rolls around, someone posts about a screenshot update for a game, talks about a technical issue on the forums, and suggests that we have a PFF Hall of Fame. Then we would talk about that here.

And when Sunday comes, we would start a new thread for that week and repeat the process. Make sense now?

Sure but you have to tell people to do so in person also since not many people doing a community mod and my video project going slow but well. That kind of talk right? Well first issue is getting people into these discussions.

Sure but you have to tell people to do so in person also since not many people doing a community mod and my video project going slow but well. That kind of talk right? Well first issue is getting people into these discussions.

Yup....well I made a list of all the mods/admins and we could start there and either PM or email all them about this. I dunno if that will be enough though.

Cain could post a topic that is stickied in all forums telling mods and admins to come to the Maw Installation and try this new plan. Cain would post it because he knows most of the mods and has the most respect around here. People will listen to him and come. (If you build it, they will come  :P)

Edited by Dorkthehunter

Yup....well I made a list of all the mods/admins and we could start there and either PM or email all them about this. I dunno if that will be enough though.

Cain could post a topic that is stickied in all forums telling mods and admins to come to the Maw Installation and try this new plan. Cain would post it because he knows most of the mods and has the most respect around here. People will listen to him and come. (If you build it, they will come  :P)

Everyone has the same respect as I have :) I'm so busy with NFSC that I can't focus now. Fosh and Ghsotly will do fine as well as the rest of you. We are a team after all.

Do the message and I will sign it by editing.

Cheers,

Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

GS made a sticky post in the Bar, but I think we should make a post like that in all the forums. A lot of the modding mods(ironic  :P) don't come to the Maw, and won't see the note in the bar. I dunno if it's possible to PM all these people at once(don't have the time)but if there was a list of people that we would like to see here that aren't, if someone could give me that I could PM them all individually and plead with them to come here.

Edit: Done! Huzzah!

Edited by Dorkthehunter

6pm Pacific...

Like Cain and I are going to be up past 1am GMT...

I propose that we have the time be 8 GMT. That shouldn't be too bad for anyone right?

• SWR Staff - Executive

I believe IRC services are running again. I will make sure our operators report on the stability of the system.

But if it comes to active chatting, you may want to hop on IRC

irc.blazeirc.net

Create your own room, or use the default #swrebellion if you prefer

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

@ SWM: 8:00 PM GMT.

@ JediIgor: Either #mawinstallation or #pffswrebellion or #pffrevolution or something to that effect sounds good to me.

Just to clear things up, I didn't mean for these meetings to be a one day, one time deal. I wanted them to be all week long.

In these topics post:

So on Sunday, someone could post an event planned for that week so that the mods can publicise it or free their busy schedules. 

And then on Monday maybe one person would report a spam thread, and another person would post that new info has come out for Spore, or some other game.

Maybe on Wednesday someone feels compelled to propose that someone should be a moderator, then we would debate on that until it here until they are accepted or rejected.

Then maybe nothing really happens on Thursday at the forums, but someone has a huge paper due, so we could talk about that and wish them luck.(note: not a spam thread) I want us to be friends in the Maw, so this could promote that.

And then Saturday rolls around, someone posts about a screenshot update for a game, talks about a technical issue on the forums, and suggests that we have a PFF Hall of Fame. Then we would talk about that here.

And when Sunday comes, we would start a new thread for that week and repeat the process.

I meant for it to be something like this. I think we are getting away from this, which could be good or bad. If this one day, one time meeting doesn't work, then I suggest we do this next. That way people who can't make the meeting time can still post because it would be all week long. And when issues come up, you can post about them right when they happen.

@ Plokoon: Cool. So we're ready to go. 8:00 PM GST.(hope I can make it  :P)

Things I would like to be addressed in the meeting:

1. Moving. Yes or no? We need to decide quickly.

2. Spam. What is the official forum take on spam? Are we going to allow it? There seems to be some confusion among members on what we should/should not allow.

3. New skins. Any ideas?

4. Which specific games should we now cover in detail?

5. News forum. It needs to be updated regularly. Should we have a news forum for every game? Or just a general one?

6. The role of moderators/admins. Should we have meeting like this more often? It is our job to lead the forums and we have to find the best way to do that.

7. New moderators. Do we have enough active ones? (I propose Garbageben if we need more)

8. Current moderators. Should we have some that are mods on specific games/forums and then a few global mods? Or should we keep it how it is right now?

9. Any other questions, comments, or concerns.

10. Evaluate the meeting. Was is successful? Should we have more? Should we have one day one time meetings or continuing meetings throughout the week? (see my previous post)

Things I would like to be addressed in the meeting:

1. Moving. Yes or no? We need to decide quickly.

We can't consider to move until Fosh make's sure that Spartan's offer is 100% real.

2. Spam. What is the official forum take on spam? Are we going to allow it? There seems to be some confusion among members on what we should/should not allow.

Yes we allow it but only in the bar and in certain topics.

3. New skins. Any ideas?

We Need manpower.

4. Which specific games should we now cover in detail?

The ones who we have acces too first and we like.

5. News forum. It needs to be updated regularly. Should we have a news forum for every game? Or just a general one?

I wish we had a main page ... will see depending on how we evolve.

6. The role of moderators/admins. Should we have meeting like this more often? It is our job to lead the forums and we have to find the best way to do that.

Yes - this will be great.

7. New moderators. Do we have enough active ones? (I propose Garbageben if we need more)

Well at this moment we don't quite need more. But yes he can be one.

8. Current moderators. Should we have some that are mods on specific games/forums and then a few global mods? Or should we keep it how it is right now?

Fosh and Ghostly usually take care of this - remember that you only have a special status with moderator powers because you are an old member.

9. Any other questions, comments, or concerns.

How we can merge the topics? and subforums - we need to compact EAW's topics a bit more.

10. Evaluate the meeting. Was is successful? Should we have more? Should we have one day one time meetings or continuing meetings throughout the week? (see my previous post)

Will see. Yes - they will be useful. I've been a bit busy with NFSC but I hope I will have a bit more time to restructurate the subforums as long as I find out how to merge them :)

Edited by Star Wars Man

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -