Re: Can we not build the superstar destroyers in skirmish?

WhiteSkull

I too just bought the game today, for two reasons:

B-Wings and the Super Star Destroyer.

I get the B-Wings but no Big ship.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Why can't I play in my sandbox the way I want to play?

At least they now let me play Imps vs. Imps.

And I do like then Bigger Ackbar.

But c'mon. Give me the ship.

Am I asking too much?

31 years old and I still get disappointed with Star Wars games.

When will I ever learn?

:(

I too just bought the game today, for two reasons:

B-Wings and the Super Star Destroyer.

I get the B-Wings but no Big ship.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Why can't I play in my sandbox the way I want to play?

At least they now let me play Imps vs. Imps.

And I do like then Bigger Ackbar.

But c'mon. Give me the ship.

Am I asking too much?

31 years old and I still get disappointed with Star Wars games.

When will I ever learn?

:(

Dude.  I will enable the SSD for skirmish if you so wish...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Hello WhiteSkull.

How would you go about that? And since you can make dreams come true, I have other requests:

I would like to see evey ship in space that is in the single player campaign, buildable in Skirmish mode.

I would like the Emperor as a unit in space (rallies troops as a special ability and when he dies, they suffer a penality)

I would like collisions *gasp* (There is something special about ramming speed as a last manuver)

I would like to see space platforms get mulitple upgrades. (They don't do much to capital ships)

I would like to see more space landscapes. (Nebulas and asteroids are fine and dandy, but what about Gravity effects as in Star Control or the big asteroid worm in ESB, worm holes and even comets)

I would like veterancy.

I want Admiral Ackbar to say "It's a Trap!" when ships warp in behind him.

I want Medical Frigates.

I know, I know ... I ask too much.

Too much? You think that is too much? I laugh!

Everything you said there could be modded into either E@W or FoC. EVERYTHING. (Well, maybe not collisions, but mostly everything else) It's a simple matter of coding in this line or that phrase. Impossible? You're talking to the guy that put FoC's Droideka MK. II into the game. From demo coding. Nothing is impossible, just a challenge for coders, skinner, modellers everywhere.

Hey Star Wars Man.

I appreciate the laughter. I am still trying to figure out if it was with me or at me.

I have mixed feelings about what you wrote. While I am excited to think that it all can be done, I am ultimately melancholy that the designers of this game did not have these sweet visions in there heads too.

I don't suppose you would know if there will be a new set of tools that will work with the expansion or if the older set will work. I had visions of doing up a real nice mod but felt the map editor was difficult to use.

Any online resources you could point to that illustrates some of finer points to making Empire at War the game it should be?

Any online resources you could point to that illustrates some of finer points to making Empire at War the game it should be?

I don't really know of any tools yet except the basic ones. Mike.nl, though, is a godsend for modders and coders because of all the tools he has made. (Link)

I am still trying to figure out if it was with me or at me.

That was post was with you, not against. Most things there can be coded, but most good coders are working for T-C projects (LoW, PM). So, most independent coders (like myself) are doing the best they can, but greed and deception is everywhere. What I mean by that is mod stealing, hacking, etc.

I don't suppose you would know if there will be a new set of tools that will work with the expansion or if the older set will work. I had visions of doing up a real nice mod but felt the map editor was difficult to use.

Most E@W tools should work for FoC, as it's basically the same directory but different names. I know that the E@W extractor (Extracts .meg files) works, as I changed a few things for FoC today.

I am ultimately melancholy that the designers of this game did not have these sweet visions in there heads too.

I bet they did/do, but time constraints and budgets mixed in with coding difficulty ultimatly creates some cuts. I know, it sucks, but that's life for you.

Star Wars Man.

I appreciate the link. I will take a look and will hopefully be inspired for my grand project.

In the mean time, how would I add the SSD to a skirmish mulitplayer game?

Star Wars Man.

I appreciate the link. I will take a look and will hopefully be inspired for my grand project.

In the mean time, how would I add the SSD to a skirmish mulitplayer game?

Open the Starbases.xml file. Find this line under Skirmish_Empire_Star_Base_5.

Just remove everything except Executor_Super_Star_Destroyer,. That will put it on your build tab.

I would like to work out something to FOC and from FOC. If you we may work together.

That would better be solved in a PM or e-mail than here. But by all means, go for it! The more the merrier.

So....what was the point of this thread? Ah yes, we can't build SSDs in skirmish. And then people provided the modding info needed to mod them in. Unless no one else finds anything new to post, I think this topic has served it's purpose. I just want a few more people to read this incase they want to know the info here, and then it might be slagged. Note: Slag Heap does contain some useful information, so check there for any questions you might have before making them a post. One person's trash is another man's treasure.  :P

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

We badly need SSD. This FOC is too much unbalanced towards the Consortium. In skirmish I can't beat them while easily beat the rebs scums.

I believe Empire and scums need a little buff up and/or Consortium need to be nerfed a lot as its ships are too strong.

Remember that everything has its weakness. The seemingly invincible always fall.

It is possible to beat the Consortium, it just takes a different strategy than fighting the other factions. I don't know if the SSD is the answer, but I think a little balancing needs to happen.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Ram ships and destructable environments are greatly needed.

I'd like to see props and units that are passable; as in like walking across a bridge passable. There should be bridges that objects can pass under.

A temporary fix for Ram ships would be to give the TIE Mauler ability to a corvette or some other ship. fly in close to the preferred enemy ship, press the self destruct button, and BOOM! there goes the shield generator. BOOM! there goes the hangar. powerful enough to knock out a hardpoint would be good.

I think the Devs didn't put in SSDs in skirmish because there could be balancing issues (its not nice to watch a SSD tear your station into tiny bite size pieces at level 3 :-\). But its quite possible to unlock it for skirmish via coding.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.

No no. it's sweet to se the SSD killing the station. It's the SSD purpose to attack and destroy big installations. They have mistaken by not adding it. (Now now, play nice! -SWM)

The consortium strategy is to use self destruct the way you have described. But it rebuild the ships too fast.

An aggressor is expensive. The AI self destruct by causing heavy damage to other ships and immediately a new one shows up. The AI definitely cheats. So makes at least Imperial ships stronger and cost less would be a good balance solution.

About rebels.. I don't care about scums and stupid aliens who deserve only to die. :D

Edited by Star Wars Man

Going for th emines and denying them to the consortium should be your main focus in a skirmish-The corruption side is strong, but it has a huge achilles heel in the very expensive units and upgrades compared to the other two factions.