Re: Empire at War: Exclusive!

DarthMaulUK

Empire at war.net have released Exclusive news about a brand new Empire at War Special Edition pack, being released on April 24th (USA) and 28th (europe). Full details >>> http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163158

Empire at war.net brings you yet another exclusive story. Our friends at Lucasarts have informed me that going on sale April 24/28 (Europe) is a brand new Limited Edition Empire at War pack.

Included in this new edition, will be the Super Star Destroyer, ' which will delight fans' said David Silverstein, Producer at Lucasarts. 'In addition to this fantastic unit, fans can also enjoy 15 brand new multiplayer maps and to help Rebels, Yoda - complete with special force powers. 'he continued. 'We will be revealing more about Yoda as we build up toward the release date', he said.

This news might upset some fans - especially the modding community, as they have been working hard to recreate this missing units. 'The fact that we have now included the SSd, B-Wing and TIE Interceptor, shows that we do indeed listen to our fans. We wanted to offer more in this new edition of the game.' said David. It will also include patch 1.04, that will NOT be avaliable anywhere else.

Empire at War: Limited Edition goes on sale on April 24th (USA) and April 28th (europe) and you wont be able to get this units in any other edition

DMUK

http://www.lucasforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2535&stc=1

DMUK

Edited by Ismael

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

New maps and a few token units that should have been there in the first release. :-x

As if they stand a chance against Legacy of War...

Edit: Ach, I try not to be so cynical. But really, how are they going to successfully implement the Executor? The space maps are abysmally small! You can't have a fleet of regular ISDs without the enemy coming into firing range the second you exit from hyperspace, let alone one ship that's supposed to be 11 times the size of them. :-\

So unless they're planning to be real radical and drastically increase the size of every space map (which I highly doubt), they're probably going to do a really lame scaling job. Either the SSD will be twice the size of an Imperator, or they'll downscale everything to make the SSD look big by comparison...which will make TIE Fighters close to unselectable. Joy.

Edited by Naja

this is great news however I already have the game and I aint gonna fork out another £25 for the ssd yoda and a few new maps. might as well wait for them to be downloadable.

p.s

these should have been included in the first place , it would be good if they were made downloadable by lucas arts for those who bought the game already. its not an expansion pack or anything and it creates the problem with the ssd in multiplayer . one guys has a ssd the other has victory class if this possible? due to dirrerent versions.

you would get your but kicked.

Well, I  hope the modding community can convert some of these "multiplayer only" maps for use in single player.  Or, when the editor comes, it can do that (i.e. supplanting the stock maps with ones you made).

I see the points made about the SSD and such, the bigger units get the larger maps have to be or else every ship has to be scaled down (probably not fighters though).

just had an idea,

if the modding tools come out before this new version is released then low may be able to pip them to the post and release yoda and the ssd first.

2nd thought maybe they will hold them back ( the mod tools )for this evenuality.

April joke ?  8)

We got the report on empireatwar.net it is authentic. The fact is, their going to stop supporting empire at war and only release patches to people who purchased the limited edition add on. At least that's my understanding.  :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

We got the report on empireatwar.net it is authentic. The fact is, their going to stop supporting empire at war and only release patches to people who purchased the limited edition add on. At least that's my understanding.  :)

OMFG......................................

so it has happened...LA has turned into EA!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1 OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG.....releasing a special edition that will be full price is strictly EA.....Hell has finally frozen over!!! OMFG!!!

Sounds very very much like an April Fool's joke.

1) Releasing an expansion with a full game is just a bad idea. People who would want it, have bought the game long ago and would not buy the game again.

2) They say they have listened to the fans on this, but because of this they know EA is despised for pulling crap off like this (tho I wouldn't put it past LA)

3) Why would they want to alienate the community and don't allow them patches who do not buy the game a 2nd time? It is just horrible business.

4) There are many more popular ways of doing this if you do want to make a quick buck (I don't think they do, I think they are waiting on the "ultimate expansion" they have been talking about) like have it as a downloadable patch on their site for a couple bucks.

Never believe any announcements on April 1st. Personally if I were them I would have said "there are no plans to release any mod tools". I think that one would have been pretty funny.

Edit: I just wonder if DM was in on it or not, haha.

Indeed! Happy April fools!

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net