how could i have lost!!!!

Admiral-Beef

Well, i'll try to make this as short as possible, I invaded most of the Fakir Sector, and then I found out that the enemy had quite a large fleet at one of his last planets, and so i sent my fleet there to engage him, to my knowledge i outnumbered him 2 to 1 in capital ships, and i had over ninety fighter squadrens and he had 1, stupid intelligence was wrong, i lost the whole fleet, and i want to know how it happend sicne we simulated the battle, please send your opinions on how it happend.

P.S. - i was the empire and we gave him star destroyers and etc. (if u want to see full list of changes go to the editing section and my topic)

• SWR Staff - Executive

Alpha - third topic you've started all in capital letters. Do not do this again.

Online, this means you are shouting. And you are not shouting in your topics.

People can read.. you don't have to shout at them to do so.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Never, ever, use a simulation, always do it urself unless you dont mind losing ships. Even with an overwhelming force you'll lose at least some fighter squadrons. This is because the ai vs ai is very very basic, os its better to do it yourself.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

u don't understand, the person i'm playing (on this forum he just signed up and is known as , Supreme Fleet Commander, or something close to that, i'm not sure, but we agreed to only simulate battles to save time, and your right, last night i was playing and we ended up encountering eachother with 2 HUGE fleets, his had 45 capital ships, i had 57, he had a little bit less fighters then i did, i had a full compliment of tie-defenders, we simulated the battle, he lost only about 20 x-squads, i lost everything, it wasn't fair, but to comeback i'm now building 30 imp2 sd's and they'll be done around 300 days, and i don't have anything to worry about because i invaded a whole sector and he's in the negative maitanince points for now!

Interesting, i wonder WHAT ships you had as you did have a numerical superiority. Other than that i can't think why you lost.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Interesting, i wonder WHAT ships you had as you did have a numerical superiority. Other than that i can't think why you lost.

This is what I do when I'm playing online. We never simulate the battle. A large part of the game is being able fight these battles. You may be in a losing situation, but if you play out the battle you should generally be able to take out some caps. When the AI simulates, you tend to lose everything and only take out a few fighters. Also, you can always target the gravity well ship then get the hell out of there if you want to preserve your fleet. Once one of you have disabled all of the other's ships, you can always simulate at that point to avoid wasting time in "mopping up".

OK, it's easy. Go ahead and start the battle. Beat him up good and when you're sure you can win and you want to simulate from that point on, click on the "battle options" button, it's the purple circle, then click on the >>l button to simulate the rest of the battle. You can see this button on page 151 of the manual.

I thought greyed out buttons only happened in Microsoft products...

This button will go grey if you or the AI has given the command to withdraw. In this case you just have to wait. Otherwise it should be there.

I second the call for a force breakdown.

First off, were you both playing Imp?

Secondly, did he have some anti-fighter cap ships (i.e. Lancer Frigate) to back up his fighters? 4-6 of those are as good as 4-6 squadrons of fighters, especially since they last a lot longer.

Thirdly, what kind of cap ships did you have? Speaking as someone who normally plays Rebel, I've been defeated by the computer before when I had more cap ships, but only because the cap ships I had weren't as powerful. 2-to-1 odds aren't that great when you have Neb-B frigates and Dreadnaughts against ISD-I's and VSD-I's.

Yep, that's where i suspect your weakness was.