How to use artillery?

Necro

mainly rebel.. i use the spotters scanner sweet but as soon as it fades out the artillery moves into visual range which promptly gets them their asses kicked!

if i move the spotters to the target won't they just get shot rigth away.

I never ever move those robot spotters into harm's way.  I always put them in some obscure as-out-of-the-way spots on the map that I can, since its scanner can target any section of map without having to be there.  The artillery pieces I keep in the rear, just behind a force in front of it of infantry/Plex, TB-4s or TB-2s - basically I use a strategy of overlapping protection.  If I have them as well, I may have a flight of 3-6 airspeeders for things that slip through my lines.

In short, I use units that can actually fight as my artillery units' true "spotters", and only occasionally ever need to use the ones it comes with for things such as bombing run targets still under fog of war.

Plus.

Remember there is no friendly fire. So just ake some T-4B tanks and send them in the center of a group of enemies then call in the arty. The 4b's are tough enough to hold up to the fire then two arty strikes will kill pretty much anything around the tanks.

their will be friendly fire, game needs that if their going to use overpowered bombing runs.

Person B: Wheres the Emperor, anyway?

Person A: The Emperor is currently at Nal Hutta.

Person B: I don't think he'd be at Nal Hutta it has a swamp.

Person A: Whats wrong with a swamp?

Person B: Well its the Emperor, he would never touch a swamp as hes well the Emperor.

Person A: Your right...

Person B: Instead he'd make a super weapon to destroy the swamp, it'd probably be called the Plunginator!!!!

Person A: Huh?

Person B: Lol....

their will be friendly fire, game needs that if their going to use overpowered bombing runs.

But there isn't. The bombing runs don't hurt your own troops(yet), so by all means, if the enemy is on top of you, bomb yourselves and get your enemies.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...