• The Dark Times
    • An Empire Divided
    • Fall of the Jedi

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
Revenge of the Sith makes the most sense, actually. Look at the pattern of titles:

A New Hope ~ The Phantom Menace

The Empire Strikes Back ~ Attack of the Clones

Return of the Jedi ~ Revenge of the Sith

:?

Actually, now that I look at it, Revenge of the Sith sounds too much like Return of the Jedi, if you ask me.

Nice point, but if you put it that way, it becomes rather ambiguous... My attempt:

* A New Hope ~ The Phantom Menace: "Hope" is sort of juxtaposed to "menace"
    * The Empire Strikes Back ~ Attack of the Clones: "Strike" is synonymous to "attack", as, in as way, is "Empire" to "clones"

So we have opposite and synonym... What should the third title comprise? "Revenge"? No, because that is neither similar nor opposite to anything in the title "Return of the Jedi"... The same goes for "Empire", "Republic" or "The Dark Times"... The answer, then, is a mixture:

* Return of the Jedi ~ The Fall of the Jedi: "Return" is opposite to "fall"; "Jedi" and "Jedi" are similar...

Of course, I could be totally wrong... :D

"Jedi" and "Jedi" are similar

What is the source of your enlightment to jump to that conclusion...

You reasoning makes sense... Although could we expect GL to think like that? After all he had his kids give Jar-Jar his name...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Though his kids gave "Jar Jar" that name, what else could you call that clumsy Gungan? :?

Guest Scathane
"Jedi" and "Jedi" are similar

What is the source of your enlightment to jump to that conclusion...

I'm not telling... :wink:

You reasoning makes sense... Although could we expect GL to think like that? After all he had his kids give Jar-Jar his name...
Well, I guess we can safely assess that GL will never do what you'd expect him to...

Though his kids gave "Jar Jar" that name, what else could you call that clumsy Gungan?
Dead... :twisted:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
He will kill himself walking off a cliff or something before you get a chance to kill him Trej.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
All I meant was some people might not like that (cough, me, cough) but if that all, cool....

Ahhh, so nice to see the kids playing nicely! Anyone seen the mullet pics for EpIII to keep it tied into EpIV?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Admiral, keep good old George on that list. I would drop a A-Bomb on that mutha's head. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
I sure as hell hope you are refering to the allusion I made to George Lucas and not the president. Either way, man, that's not very funny and is actually kind of creepy. 8O I mean, I'm not too happy with the president but I would never say that...even as a joke.

Us "yanks" have got a guy as president who says it like it is. He takes no shit and his attitude is your with us or against us end of story. Now perhaps his style is not exactly Emily Post but I for one think that Bush is on target in what he does and I have no problem on how he says it. For once we don't have some 3 piece suit who talks out the side of his mouth but simply shoots straight from the hip. As far as this war goes what he says how he says it and what he does is alright by me. As far as environmental economical and a few other issues..... well that's a debate for another time but this is one yank that as far as the war on terrorism goes I say All the way Bush!!!
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Okay, I would reply to what you all have said, bu ENOUGH! I apologize for making the joke about George Bush because I do NOT want to start a political discussion over whether the U.S. is wrong or not, no matter what my opinion is, or anybody elses', for that matter. I don't mean to sound selffish, but it was a harmless joke that you guys have taken to the extreme. Chill out, guys! This wasn't and isn't meant to be a political discussion! Chill with the dissing and chill with the nationalism, PLEASE! Both can cause offence to others, and that--to my understanding--outweighs just about everything here....