Episode III Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Episode III Title

• Revenge of the Sith
    • Fall of the Republic
    • The Dark Times
    • An Empire Divided
    • Fall of the Jedi

Okay... Early moning I was takinga look at my newspaper... In section dedicated to entertainment there was a short one sentence news: Star Wars EPisode III Name rumors. The third movie of the Star Wars saga may carry the name Revenge of the Sith.

I'd say the name makes sens because this third movie will be cthe one that is closer to ROTJ. So we have the REvenge of the Sith closely connected with the Return of the JEdi...

Edited by Trejiuvanat
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me, the Sith wreaking their revenge and coming to power. How many of the Galaxy even knew that Vader and Palpatine were Sith though?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Curious...George Lucas toyed with the idea of calling ROTJ 'Revenge of the Jedi,' but rejected the idea stating 'Revenge wouldn't be a concept for a Jedi...
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Scathane
I still think Fall of the Jedi sounds nice; it also gives a nice balance to Return of the Jedi. Nevertheless, I like Revenge of the Sith. How about Rise of the Empire?

That's because Zoot's evilness is rubbing off on you!!! :lol:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

???

What do the Sith need revenge for??? In Epi II, two sith (Palpatine and Dooku) completely outmaneuvered the Jedi Council and the Imperial Senate. They KICKED ASS and killed a bunch of Jedi. Everything went according to THEIR plan. They even got their war started (stupid Jar Jar).

If anyone is looking for revenge, is should be the Jedi Council!! (but they won't get it!!)

I prefer Rise of the Sith it shows that the Sith now run things.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

The Revenge issue, started with Darth Maul saying the second of his lines...

At last we will have revenge... So we have from the beginning the idea that there will be a Sith Revenge. Glandry pointed out what the Sith did in AOTC, but was that revenge enough for such power hungry Sith? I don't think so... It' won't be fulfilled until the Jedi are extinguished and Vader becomes the executor of the entire order...

Guest Scathane

Sure, play around with it as much as you can:

* Fall of the Jedi - Rise of the Empire
    * Rise of the Sith - Fall of the Republic

Maybe there's a remark somewhere in the three original movies to point us in the right direction (in ANH mention was made of the Clone Wars)... For the rest of it, we could have a large span of potential (albeit ludricous) titles:

* A New Despair
    * The Prolongation of the Clone Wars
    * The Disappearance of the Jedi
    * The Birth of Vader
    * The Sith Strike Back
    * The Return of the Sith

:lol::wink:

Yes, i think ludicrous is indeed the word for that mate! :lol:

I t hink it should rather be something with the Sith... Focusing on "Republic" would mean it's focusing on the politic side... Insead it should focus on the Sith and the Fall of Anakin Skywalker...

Guest Scathane

It probably won't focus on a character name, because none of the others did. Let's see them line up:

* The Phantom Menace
    * Attack of the Clones
    * A New Hope
    * The Empire Strikes Back
    * Return of the Jedi

If you ask me, The Fall of the Republic and The Fall of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith would be good candidates...

Why? Well, all of them have a juxtaposition to A New Hope. Furthermore, Republic makes a nice mirror to The Empire Strikes Back, Fall is a good mirror to The Return of the Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith mirrors The Return of the Jedi...

Guest Admiral_Antilles

How about The Balance of the Force?

I mean think about it, Anakin is said to bring balance to the force. The way I take it is that he becomes evil to level out the good. So in a sense when he become Lord Vader the balance is restored.

Guest Scathane
How about The Balance of the Force?

I mean think about it, Anakin is said to bring balance to the force. The way I take it is that he becomes evil to level out the good. So in a sense when he become Lord Vader the balance is restored.

You're right: Anakin is said to bring balance to the Force... in fact, literally speaking the movies make note of the fact that Qui-Gon Jinn believed Anakin to be the Chosen One spoken of in an ancient prophecy, the one who would bring balance to the Force. So, my first point is that it is by no means certain that Anakin will actually bring balance to the Force.

Secondly, if Anakin is the one who'll bring balance to the Force, I doubt that is is by eradicating the Jedi (or leveling out the Force as you so eloquently put it). Since GL has thus far told us an archaic story with a standard juxtaposition between good and evil/black and white, I doubt he is soemone to take the eradication of good as bringing balance to something. As someone (I believe it was Trej) mentioned earlier, GL is the kind of guy that believes balance lies in the good side of things.

Moreover, GL has repeatedly told us that Ep.III will be the darkest, most disturbing movie of them all. Somehow I cannot consolidate this with the notion of bringing balance.