Your best win!

Necro

what are yours?

mine is i got attacked at my lv 2 space station with nothing else, it produced a bunch of fighters and bombers - which were useless as they had 3 VSD's 1 acclamator, the bombers and fighters that go with it.

i knew i didn't stand a chance so i hid in the asteroid field and did hit and runs, while trying to lure them into the asteroid fields so they'd kill themselves, took out the acclamator easily enough, the vsd's i tried to pull thru the field which worked somewhat and my bombers finished the first vsd off, then they died.

i kept trying to same tactic with my xwings but far less attacking and more hiding on the otherside of the field, didn't worry bout the tie fighters are my xwings were more than capable of taking them down!

after a while i finally won with my 2 xwings!

Edited by Cain

Mine is when I attacked the Rebel fleet that had recently seized Coreilla. I had 3 ISDs, 3 Tartans, and Piett's ISD against 4 Mon Cal Cruises, the Home One, and multiple corvettes. The corvettes were destroyed at the outset as they always are, and I then encountered the Mon Cals. Piett's ISD was overcome by the Home One and 2 Mon Cals, but my fighters and bombers continued swarming them. Towards the end, it was two heavily damaged Mon Cals verses a somewhat damaged ISD, but I managed to win it because most of the TIEs from the previous ISDs were still around. It was brutal, but I won with a heavily damaged ISD and 8 TIE squadrons.  ;D

Hi, long time lurker.

I had a lvl 4 station at Alderaan during the reb's early campaign (I was trying something diffrent).

I had the following things:

Antillies

3 corvettes

3 Marauders (did not last past 5 minuets, too slow)

5 x-wings

2 y-wings.

and the imperials attacked with:

10 Acclamators (plus their full fighter/bomber contigents)

20 Broadside cruisers

A bunch of Tartans (not sure exact number, but around 10)

It was quite literally an attritional battale against my aggresive defence. The computer sent in alot of tartans at first, with an Acclamator of a couple broadsides. I, recently finding out just how powerfull those suckers were, launched a missile barrage from my Marauders, damaging many of the ships, and destoying at least 3 tatrans, and damaging the rest for easy pickings by my ships, and the spawning NebB. For the most part I used my ships to protect my Marauders and chase down those braodsides. I used everything to keep those braodsides from attacking my station, as it was the only thing spawning fighters and nebs, thereby keeping me alive. At around the 4 minuete mark, the enemy was aby to organize enough, dispite my best efforts, to launch a barrage from 5 broadsides and destroying 2 and my corvettes, and heavily damaging one, which was destroyed by an acclamator a few seconds later. At about this point my missile barrage ability was ready again, though the cruisers were under heavy fire. They managed to drop a full payload beofre 2 of them were destroyed, and took down 2 acclamators and 3 braodsides. My third marauder managed to survive for another couple minuets, softening up enemy ships as they came in before 3 more broadsides got it. At about this point, I started using my nebs for broadside killing, and my y-wings were now tearing the acclamators apart. Fortionetly, the Ai seems to have sent in all it's tartans early, so it then became a element of time, constantly sending in my newly spawned nebs in the braodside hunt, usin my spawning y-wings to slay the evil acclamators and the X-wings to massacre the ties. Oh, by the way, the station was so badly damaged that it was reduced to a lvl 2 station after the battle.

By almost all accounts I should have lost that battle, IMO, with my marauders bein the only heavy ships I had. Good thing the Ai didn't save a Tartan or two for the mid-point to keep my fighters from doing mass acclamator killings.

P.S. Sorry if I double posted this, but the board didn't post when I pressed post

[EDIT] I forgot to mention, I had built a long range scanner, which survived the fight [/EDIT]

Edited by Warnstaff

• 2 weeks later...

From Rebels Campain:(If I find my screenshot, I will post it)

After 2 Major Crushing Defeats(using auto resolve because I was too lazy), I had a NEW main fleet, went to kaut (I lost kaut earlier in the major defeat), conquered it, went and conqured Mon Calamari, (my basic defense plan was a buffer (level 2 station, 1 corvette) which I would lose on purpose to buy time before my main fleet arrived at a sieged planet), empire sent a VERY LARGE fleet to Kaut to try and take it back after a failed attempt. Lost my buffer. My main fleet arrived in station. (NOTE: NO STATION, DETROYED ALREADY)

My Fleet

6 Corlien Corvettes (Corvetts are really strong when in numbers)

Antilles

1 Nebulon-B Frigate

1 Maruder Cruiser

2 x-wings (I learned earlier that the empire likes tartans and fighters are fodder for tartans, so I only have a few in my fleets)

2 y-wings

Empire Fleet

6 Tartans

8 Broadsides

8 Acclamator SD's

4 Victory SD's

1 Imperial Star Destroyer

2 Interdictors

Swarms of Ties that come with the ISD's

Result: I won.

I lost my fighters early on to the tartans. While my fighters were bantha fodder, my corevetts destroyed the tartans. There were appx. 3-5 ISD's on the map at a time. I was surrounded, in the center of the map. My Marauder Cruiser and Nebulon-B took down 1 Victory ISD. Meanwhile, Corevettes with help of what remained of my y-wings (they somehow survived the tartans when the x-wings didn't)took down 3 Acclamator ISD's. Lost Y-Wings.

Sent in reinforcement Corvette, ordered it to destroy the broadsides. 2 interdictors jumped in, easy kill for me. Lost a corevette when the Imperial SD hyperspaced in, destroyed it though with my maruder. 2 Acclamators jumped in in the oppisite direction and killed my maruder when it was using bombard on the Imperial SD though. Slowly finished off the remaining SD's and broadsides without losing any more units.

Things learned that battle:

No need for Fighters in my fleet

Leave a Corvette covering the maruder.

Proved Corevettes Pwn ISDs.

Edit: Forgot about Interdictors

Edited by noian

http://www.lucasforums.com/images/avatars/tiedefender.jpgMay the force be with you, always. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/susangillan/EDF-Avatar-X-Wing.jpg

http://www.userbars.com/galerie/images/files/3/4/ffuser.jpg

http://www.pixelpwnage.com/sigs/grouptag.jpg

.Check for Updates!.

..Imperial Assault II Mod for Empire at War!!..

...Empire at War Nexus, Modding for a Galaxy Far Far Away!!!...

....Use the Spell Check Feature People!!!!....

.....International Battlefront Clan!!!!!.....

• 2 weeks later...

I never would have won this battle if it weren't for the hypervelocity gun I had on Bothawui. This is just one of those days...

Needless to say, A-Wings give me nightmares now.... :o :o :o :o

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8079/bigwin1cd.jpg

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

Okay, I had a lvl 2 space station, 1 Acclamator, and 2 tartans, and one hypervelocity gun on the planet.

The enemy had Home One, 3 Mon Cals, 7 Assault Frigates, 14 Neb-B frigates, 23 Corellian Corvettes, 8 Corellian Gunships, 4 A-Wing squadrons, I think 9 Y-Wing squadrons, and 16 X-wing squadrons...

Results...I won. I kept my acclamator next to the station and used my tartans as cover for it (since you get a free one from the station). I lost the acclamator after a few minutes. I used the hypervelocity gun on probably 18 or so of those corvettes, as well as one the Home One, Neb-Bs, Mon Cals, nd Assault frigates. By the end I had two hardpoints on my station (one badly damaged), one TIE fighter squadron (hangar was destroyed, and killed the last Neb-B frigate with my hypervelocity gun to win the battle.

They lost thousands of credits worth of ships and I lost a couple thousand...Huzzah!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/RyuuKageSIG.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/AoSW-JCW_Banner.jpg

Here's another one I just did today. I basically spent the whole hour long battle destroying Akbar and the space station bit by bit. A very exhausting situation :( :(. Once Those were both defeated, I GOT MAULED BY ENDLESS WAVES OF CORELLIAN GUNSHIPS!! All three of my Star Destroyers and Victory's were severely damaged by the time this battle was over, and Piett had been constantly pounded by the Ion Cannon before I had a chance to destroy Dagobah with the Death Star.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2783/bigwin27jg.jpg

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

I had taken Carida a little while earlier (playing Rebel campaign, hard), and almost forgot it was there.

Big mistake.

Unbeknownst to me, a hugeass ISD-heavy fleet came into orbit, and launched a legion onto my newfound planet. It was 2 AT-ATs, 3 SPMA-Ts, 3 TIE Maulers, 2 AT-STs, and 5 (really 10, not counting the ones from the AT-ATs) Stormtrooper groups. 

My defense? One unit of T2-B hover tanks. No buildings or defensive structures of any kind.  :o

Thankfully though, Carida has lots of open water that no other unit - other than hover craft - can use, and use it I did! Liberally! I hit and run their scattered units, first taking out the Maulers, picking off Stormtroopers, and running point blank to the SPMA-Ts (they can't hit you with their artillery then, only their dinky little point lasers) to take them all out one by one, retreating to the ocean when my shields were starting to fail. "Hahh, 5 little tanks taking on the Empire," I thought.

I was presumptuous.

I forgot that there were Star Destroyers in orbit. The first TIE Bomber wave came and took me completely by surprise, instantly killing 2 of my 5 T2-B tanks.  :-x  Let's just say that whenever I heard that familiar whine of twin ion engines, I bolted my tanks across the other side of the water!!

Anyhow, most of the enemy was defeated. But what to do about those AT-ATs? Thankfully, they were on different "continents," so taking them both out was possible. I lured away their spawned Stormtroopers and carefully made sure not to kill them all off (in other words, I left them each with 1 trooper a company, so that they wouldn't pose a threat should they come back, but the AT-ATs couldn't respawn new ones). I took on the first AT-AT, and over the course of 35-40 minutes, finally hit and ran it to the ground. That was very satisfying.  ;D 

I was luckier with the second one. Although it killed one of my tanks (leaving me with only two!), there was a Rancor cave on his landmass.  ;) I lured the Rancor to the AT-AT by firing on it to piss it off, and then by retreating only so far away as to still be seen by him. I did this with one tank while the other did the same to the AT-AT. The AT-AT didn't last too long, either.  :D

After that, the fog of war went away and I mopped up the 3 or 4 individual Stormtroopers that were left over. Aint I a stinker?

• 2 weeks later...
In a 1on1 multiplayer campaign, my friend had just conquered a pirate planet. (Azterri, I think) He immetiadly started moving his troops for another space invasion, and at the same time the land invasion of Azterri. For a split second his defenses on Azterri were only two Tartans (because of the troop moving) and that happened to be the exact time I got there with my massive fleet. Needless to say I decimated the Tartans, but the best thing was yet to come. His land troop carriers were already on route to Azterri when I attacked. So now it was my massive fleet against about ten troop carriers. He immetiadly tried to retreat, but on the last second of the retreat timer I nailed one of his transports, which just happened to be carrying THE EMPEROR! I won.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

I was playing a game of Galactic Conquest the other day with Foshjedi.

He was Imps and me was Rebs. Map was Battle for Hoth or something, had like 8 planets.

I raided all the pirate planets and left the orbital pirates alive as free defense. As autoresolve is a bitch and costs you a lot of forces, I decided they make a nice defense, along with my own fleet to counter any remaining forces.

Anyways. To cut things short. I at one point had a grand space army, and I decided to attack Correllia as he was planting smugglers all over my planets (and since I can't build any bounty hunters I couldn't do crap about).

And when got into the space fight above Correlia I found out that Fosh had his Emperor in Piett's ISD.

So all my forces attacked Piett's ISD and I won the game. It's pretty lame though. He couldn't stop me at all, even though I would've probably lost the game had I not focussed on the Emperor's ISD.

Emperor got killed and thus I won. Yay. :P

This wasn't really a win, but I felt I accomplished something with so little.

The Rebels were attacking me at Coruscant with a massive fleet, and due to my moving around Imperial fleets, there was only a Tartan (with Tarkin inside) and a space station defending the planet. So the Rebels swarmed, with the Home One leading the charge, and my space station's garrison reinforcements consisted of 2 Acclimators and 2 Tartans. When my forces were finally defeated, I had managed to destroy the Home One. ;D

• 5 months later...

Multiplayer space skirmish: 3v3 on Yavin!  We were empire.  No starting units, no supers, no heroes, 5k.  We got the bright idea that we would build nothing but fighters and bombers and go for their mines.  We each dropped one by the 3 mines near our base and got those up, then immediately headed to their left mine.  We destroyed it quickly (wasn't even fully up yet) then immmediately flew to the middle mine (making sure not to engage Xwings) and took it out.  As we were passing the base from the middle I thought to myself that the lvl 1 base is quite weak and as we had 10 squads or so of TIEs on the map we might just hit the base!  So we did that and dropped in bombers to assist.  We won the game in record time (6 minutes, 27 seconds as the screenie shows).  What a victory!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/qalsip/sweaw-20060928-000012.png

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/qalsip/zak1_demo.jpg

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/zaknaril.png

Long story short, my friend and I were playing against each other, and we had a fighters only match. It was on the largest GC map, and we took over all the pirate planets. We had a fighter only match. So about 300 fighters total were used. Since we're using CiS(conflict in space), we had all the fighters to use. I won, but I killed some 80 E-wings(? not sure) and some 30 a-wings. I just had tie defenders.

• 1 month later...

I was fighting over a certain planet (may have been vergesso).

The Empire had 2 SDs and some other ships, and I had my fleet.

Anyway, this is the best part:

The Empire had decimated my fleet entirely, leaving me with just a lonesome Millenium Falcon. They had a full Health ISD spewing out TIE's.

It seemed pretty hopeless, even after I depleted its TIE garrison; It's shield generator was still intact, so I couldn't get its shields down. Not one scratch.

So I spent about half an hour playing cat-and-mouse with the ISD, trying to get it to fly through an asteroid field.

Finally, It happened.

The Falcon was sitting in a corner of the map, surrounded by a protective asteroid belt. The ISD manuevered 2 seconds too late.

I really didn't have to do much; I waited for the shield generators to blow on their own in the asteroids, then moved in for the kill.

ISDs are no match for the Millenium Falcon without its shields; Muahahahaha!! ;D

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.