ISD's and VSD's

Admiral-Beef

Ok here's the deal, my current opponet on the net, keeps using large fleets of several ISD's amoungst several of his other ships (he's the rebellion and we gave him isd's while the empire got bulk transports, correlian corvets, and neb-b's) (in short we made it like it really should have been) anyway, i had a fleet very powerful, lost to his wich was like only 3/4 as strong, so i'm considering a new stratagy, i'm going to use small fleets of like 5 ships and keep attacking several planets at a time using mostly vsd's and neb-b's, since his only fleet is the huge one he won't be able to counter most of them, tell me what u think...

You could also trap him 8)

Harass his planets with a small fleet, one that'll be a pain in the arse but one he'll go after anyway, because of its ludicrous size. Do a little reconaissance of the planets first, then come with the fleet, bombard a bit and get out of there after one or two days. This is like those pesky attacks the computer always uses. Then after he'll see the pattern you laid out for him, like the fleet will appear clockwise/counterclockwise at each planet in the system, he'll intercept your little fleet with his big one. If you can escape, do it. You can prattle a bit, like 'I'll come back...', or whatever. What you will DO is coming back with your hidden big fleet, preferrably with one or two interdictors :)

Takes a bit timing and luck, but it the element of surprise should petrify him enough for any serious mis-decisions in the big battle.

Good luck and don't try this too often, or no one will be there to play with you :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

And when you do go into battle, do make use of groups. Prioritise which ships need to go first. Stay put so that all you fighters and capital ships can engage just his fighters. The use two groups against his best ship, but keep another group to harass his smaller corvettes and gunships. After you take care of his fighters you can either use yours against capital ships or order them to return to ship so that his gunships won't maul you.

Admittedly i've only been able to try this againt the pc ai and not a human.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

8) thanks for the suggestions, but i think i'll stick with my original plan, i've been practicing it with the computer player, but i was already planning to use the harass him already, not to the extent that you suggested but, still harrasing is so much fun when the enemy has only one giant fleet and wont seperate it. :D

No. Fun is one huge battle that you can't be sure you'll win until far into it, when it becomes apparent that although you will take losses, you've got your enemy whipped. It's the best feeling.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Actually, fun is finding the pitiful Rebel HQ through Espionage, then sending a massive fleet to a nearby system and surprising Mon Mothma and her treasonous rabble. As the HQ is falling through the clouds, your fleet receives transmissions that the Rebel fleet is approaching at high velocity, and your 15 ISD-IIs start licking their chops...

:twisted:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Sorry, I'm usually destroying the Rebel HQ by day 700 or earlier...I usually don't have time to build fleets with more than 30 ships.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Hahahaha Rebel HQ at Courscant. Has anyone else noticed how it seems that ISDs cannot engage a mon cal cruiser in a 1 on 1 match that is meant to favor the ISD? I find it rather odd myself, or how a mon cal can fight up to the point it gets destroyed.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

glandry: My strategy...probe droids. Build about 40 and send them on missions to Rim sectors. In a little while, you'll run into a couple of Rebel systems. Don't send fleets directly to the system...send it to a system right next to it, so the Rebs don't have any warning that you're about to blow them to smithereens. :D

Sky: I've noticed the Mon Cals get to fight much too long, while ISDs' weapons go dark as soon as the first laser hits their hull. It really pisses me off. Therefore, I hunt Mon Cals down and kill them like the fish boats they are...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! 8O

Support the USA!

Untimely you need to work on your evil laugh.

Sky, just use RebEd to even things up a little.

Untimely, I'll try the prode droid trick again. I had used it once but had trouble finding the HQ. Playing as the alliance has a huge advantage because you know where the Imperial HQ is.

In terms of the Mon Cals lasting forever, keep in mind they have a damage control of 50. Only the Death Star has a higher rating with 60.

They are good ships. Maybe thats why we seem them all the time in the cut scenes of the game instead of Bulwark or Dauntless cruisers.

• 7 months later...
well, you are playing with rebEd so you could upgrade your ships by altering the weapons power like to 320000 = max and set the recharge time to 320000 you will have a powerfull ship wich will destroy any ship with a single shot, and your starship can fire lots of this shots because it recharges it in a second. you can easily win a battle against a fleet with one corvette. advice: upgrade your shields and hull values too.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

No, even if you up the weapon recharge rate to the maximum it still takes loads of time when you've upped the power loads. :?

Hahahaha Rebel HQ at Courscant. Has anyone else noticed how it seems that ISDs cannot engage a mon cal cruiser in a 1 on 1 match that is meant to favor the ISD? I find it rather odd myself, or how a mon cal can fight up to the point it gets destroyed.

Not admit that the ISD is weaker than Mon Cal :? The weapons and the shields are stronger of the ISD and if u fill up with Fighters so 6 Fighters take out 3 fast and the remaining Fighters attack the Mon Cal and there is no chance.

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

In SW three squads of X-Wing could easily take on six tie squadrons... And then make attack runs on the ISDs...

I altered the stats so that this could happen... Making things more "real"...Making corvettes cheaper and weaker. Making Mon Cals and ISDs tougher...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif