Re: EAW: Warlord - 7.0 - Gold Total Mod Expansion

Cain

Warlord Gold Total Mod Expansion v7.0

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Zaarin.jpg

Hello EAW fans,

For those who played and loved Warlord 6.0 - here is what WTME 7.0 will bring to the table:

1. A master general polishing of EAW xmls to fix game design bugs and issues or realism aspects that Petroglyph left out of the game (Imps/Rebs).

2. Adds the Army/Fleet of Admiral Zaarin as fully playable faction in SP.

3. Adds the Pirates as a fully playable faction so you will have now 4 full playable factions battling each other in SP.

4. Adds General's Veers Campaign mode - Basically Veers will be an empire sub faction and you will only be able to battle land battles (this is optional).

5. Adds Tarkin Campaign mode were you play only in space - Tarkin is also a sub faction of the empire (this is optional).

6. Adds Emperor/Akbar Campaign mode (Expanded AI) this is a play mode were you and the AI can control the faction. You are the Emperor and can overwrite the AI. The cool thing is that the land battles are more now alot more fun and you don't have to do tones of clicks to command everything. The AI does it for ya so all looks alive.

7. Introduces the SWR Admirals Nightmares series to EAW.

8. Adds more planets.

I need:

1. Someone to help me get more planets from what we already have.

2. Someone to get me Zaarin pictures and data about his revolt.

3. Anyone who has EAW feedback or requests can ask the so I can figure out a way to add them if possible.

4. The WTME 7.0 is an NMA project and anyone who wants to mod more or less can join the team.

PS. I have no clue how much will take for my copy to arrive from Las Vegas ... so until then we will have to stick to planning and eaw feedback requests and material gathering.

PPS. The GMP Mod will be used as a starting base for this mod.

Info about Zaarin:

Grand Admiral Zaarin

Demetrius Zaarin is one of the 12 original Grand Admirals promoted to that rank after the Battle of Yavin in the New Year's Fete Week celebration by the Emperor in the Star Wars Expanded Universe; he appears in the computer games Star Wars: TIE Fighter and Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance.

Admiral Zaarin occupies the storyline near the end of the original TIE Fighter (where he attempts to capture Emperor Palpatine), and is the main focus in the TIE Fighter expansions, Defender of the Empire and Enemies of the Empire. However, Zaarin was never affiliated with the Rebellion; Zaarin had fought against the Rebels in trying to acquire hyperdrive technology for the TIE Avenger (Advanced) and only wanted to despose the Emperor in the coup attempt. After Zaarin betrayed the Emperor, he was cast from the council of Grand Admirals and then-Vice Admiral Thrawn was promoted in his place to maintain the ranks at 12-strong.

Grand Admiral Zaarin oversaw many experimental Imperial Projects, including the TIE Avenger, TIE Defender, and (assumedly) the TIE Experimental projects shown in X-Wing Alliance. Shortly before the Battle of Endor and after the abortive defection of Admiral Harkov to the Rebel Alliance, his driving ambition led him to secede from the Empire, taking his extensive fleet with him. While supposedly still on the side of the Empire by fighting Admiral Harkov, who was defecting to the Rebel Alliance, he implemented his secret plans to kidnap Emperor Palpatine himself, taking advantage of the turnmoil between Harkov's forces and Imperial loyalists. Zaarin's attempt was narrowly thwarted by Vice Admiral Thrawn and Maarek Stele.

Despite the failure of his coup d'état, Zaarin proceeded to attack key Imperial facilities across the Galaxy, particularly advanced starfighter production sites and their crews as told in Tour of Dutys Eight and Nine. Although he did not have many capital ships, Zaarin's main strength was his squadrons of TIEs, particularly his shielded and hyperspace-capable Defenders. He successfully destroyed the TIE Avenger production facilities in the Omar system. During that campaign, he almost trapped Admiral Thrawn's flagship by using Rebel-developed magnetic pulse warheads as bait, although it backfired when loyalist pilot Stele used the mag pulse warheads to temporarily incapacitate Zaarin's Interdictor Cruiser and Strike Cruiser, allowing Thrawn to escape. Thrawn managed to rescue the TIE Defender prototypes from the research facility in order to develop a new counter, the Missile Gunboat.

Palpatine saw Zaarin as much of a threat as the Rebel Alliance, and appointed Vice Admiral Thrawn to track down and destroy Zaarin shortly before the attempted kidnapping, which Thrawn thwarted; unfortunately, Zaarin escaped completely to the Outer Rim. Zaarin intended to set up a rival Empire. Thrawn quickly attacked, but Zaarin was Thrawn's military match or even superior and fought him to a standstill.

http://time.galaxy-force.com/swtime3.html

Timeline:

Immediately after ESB

Admiral Harkov captured and killed by Lord Vader

Imperial Admiral Zaarin develops TIE Advanced

Admiral Zaarin develops tractor beam weapon

TIE Defender developed by Admiral Zaarin

Admiral Zaarin assaults Emperor's forces

Imperial Civil War erupts

Zaarin's forces destroy TIE Advanced/Defender facilities

Remaining TIE Defenders brought to Admiral Thrawn

Assault Missile Gunboat developed by Admiral Thrawn

Emperor Palpatine promotes Thrawn to Grand Admiral

Thrawn learns of prototype Imperial cloaking device

Grand Admiral Thrawn prepares trap for Admiral Zaarin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Phantom TIE project begins under Admiral Sarrin

Phantom TIE project destroyed by Rebel saboteurs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Sun Crime Syndicate challenge Lord Vader & the Rebellion

Luke Skywalker returns to Tatooine, builds new saber

Hal Horn is killed by the Trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk.

Bossk is arrested by CorSec, but released under a technicality by Kirtan Loor

1 year after ESB

Admiral Zaarin's forces attack the Emperor en route to Endor

Admiral Zaarin steals Imperial cloaking technology

Sole remaining Missile Gunboat sent to Wayland stronghold

Thrawn tracks prototype corvette to traitor's secret base

Thrawn's forces assault Admiral Zaarin's fleet

Admiral Zaarin's forces defeated by Grand Admiral Thrawn

Thrawn sent to subdue Unknown Regions by Emperor

Wes, Tycho, Hobbie survive Death Star assault

Star Destroyer Chimaera escapes under Captain Pellaeon

Emperor Palpatine's life essence escapes to Byss

>>> EAW: Warlord - 6.9.1 - Gold Fix<<<

Added in WTME v6.9.2

-Starbases build costs credits increased - with Level 5 costs now 10000 - level 1 costs 2600, etc.

-Starbases build time seconds is from 250 sec (level 1) up to 800 sec (Level 5).

-The Desth Star costs 40000 credits and the build time is 1310 sec (around 20 minutes on slow)

-The MC costs 6000 and the ISD costs 7500 both are builded in 300 sec (5 min on slow)

-The ISD has now power to weapons ability.

-The MC and ISD weapons hardpoints have now more healt points HP (ISD from 325 to 425/MC from 425 to 525)

-The ISD Shield Hardpoint has now 625 HP from 325.

-Increased camera zoom range by 30%-50%.

(All the changes were designed to slow down the speed of the gameplay and give you more strategic depth)

Added in Warlord MTE v6.9.1

-Fixes the scale of all units (space/land) and heroes reducing it to classic WTME more real scale.

-Fixes the cost for all the ships by increasing them with almost 1000 credits.

-Fixes the hyperspace speed for all space units to WTME speeds.

-Fixes the Ant Fighter ships to be less accurate against fighters (From 1.0 to 1.5,2.0,2.5)

-Fixes the combat fighter speeds to WTME settings.

-The ISD and MC get 1000 shield points more (2000 to 3000)

-The VSD has now half of the ISD fighters and will spawn them.

It was impossible to play the game with those original settings (I exited after the first mission) so that's why I made this 6.9. So I can play the game. If you have any bugs report them in the WTME 6.0 topic.

This mod is installed like the WTME 6.0.

Download link:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2622.0;attach=486

More to come in WTME 7.0:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2626.0

To return to the any Petroglyph patch settings just remove the XML folder.

Edited by Cain

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hellp with the planets if you like, as you probably know i have added around 50+, locations are a little off, but can easily adjust. The file is from my current mod.

Dan Williams

Mod Project : Star Wars - Civil War (v0.3)

dw333 - yes you can take over the Planets & Galaxy Demaprtament.

I think we had a map of the SW galaxy posted here on the forums - if you can be close to that layout it will be cool.

Prophion Thank you. When we will start the production of the mod you can take over all the Data/Info/Encyc Departament.

dw333 - yes you can take over the Planets & Galaxy Demaprtament.

I think we had a map of the SW galaxy posted here on the forums - if you can be close to that layout it will be cool.

Prophion Thank you. When we will start the production of the mod you can take over all the Data/Info/Encyc Departament.

???

A question....is this for the gold version or the demo?

This is for the Gold ;)

If you don't find a map take a look at any of the NJO books, there is one.

Can you scan post one ? Thx

Thanks guys!

Pls. test this stuff too:

>>> EAW: Warlord - 6.9.1 - Gold Fix<<<

Added in Warlord MTE v6.9.1

-Fixes the scale of all units (space/land) and heroes reducing it to classic WTME more real scale.

-Fixes the cost for all the ships by increasing them with almost 1000 credits.

-Fixes the hyperspace speed for all space units to WTME speeds.

-Fixes the Ant Fighter ships to be less accurate against fighters (From 1.0 to 1.5,2.0,2.5)

-Fixes the combat fighter speeds to WTME settings.

-The ISD and MC get 1000 shield points more (2000 to 3000)

-The VSD has now half of the ISD fighters and will spawn them.

I was impossible to play the game with those original settings (I exited after the first mission) so that's why I made this 6.9. So I can play the game. If you have any bugs report them in the WTME 6.0 topic.

This mod is installed like the WTME 6.0.

Download link:

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2622.0;attach=475

Edited by Cain

ok, with all these planets (98) and units im getting heavy stutters, so to speak. it might be any number of other changes i have added, so i will add 1 file at a time to see if its a specific file or just the number of planets and units, i will erase the starting units first to see if just the massive number of units is causing it, or the planets, then work to the files.

end update...

Dan Williams

Let's add 80 planets only for start.

Lets reduce their galactic scale by 30%-40%.

We need to remove the troop icons showing up on the planet in galactic mode and replace them with a pixel, point etc. Heroes icons should stay.

?

I agree with reducing the galactic planet scale...with 80 or so planets it's quite necessary. Any idea how your going to handle the unknown regions? Cause Zaarins base of operations was out in that area.
'All that evil needs to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.'

Well we will give him some planets far away ... keep in mind that this mod is also about the Rebs and the Imps and their actions in Zaarin's time ... so Zaarin takes equals share off attention from us like the rebs, pirates or the imps.

Yeah no problem there, it's just that the Unknown Regions can end up being a great empty area on the left side of the galactic map, so I was just wondering how the new galactic map was going to be treated.

Yeah no problem there, it's just that the Unknown Regions can end up being a great empty area on the left side of the galactic map, so I was just wondering how the new galactic map was going to be treated.

There was a simple nice map posted around the site somewere :) can't remember were :)

I have a rather detailed map that I downloaded from somewhere...nav-comp perhaps. It has a few hundred star systems to choose from and is even good enough to have a placement for Mandalore and Rakata prime as well as the major trade routes.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c196/Prophion/galaxymap.jpg

good point, but if your playing as rebels that should be intresting, you could give the empire ai the order to protect the core planets of the emperor? and on some way making them friendly so they do not attack each other, the point would, be that the rebellion first has to disable most of the empire fleets and then has a big mission left, while the empire tries his best to prevent rebel fleet to attack the empires forces?

ok, it is the number of planets... to some extent, more so all the hypermovement, animations, etc.  Even lowering the scale of the planets which i did to start with anyway.

the galactic map, effects the tactical battles aswell, creating a very stuttery battle at times, the game seems holds all the info in ram, even with my 2GB it still seems to have a prob with it all!

like i said before, it ould be other changes, but playing other campaigns no problems, so i think it mostly the planets, will research more today, after work.  will update tonight.!

Dan

Dan Williams