It's time to throw in the Towel

Yoda_jnr

When I first played rebellion 1 I loved it. Definately the best SW game I have played. When I found the rebellion 2 site way back I couldn't believ what was happening. After months Of checking on the old rebellion2 site I moved to this one and week after week my hopes for a rebellion 2 faded.

In all seriousness, it's not going to happen. Even if it does do you guys really want to play a game that will most probably be worse than the first (Graphics wise).

What I'm really hoping for here is someone to prove me wrong and give me actual evidence to back it up but IT WONT HAPPEN. As much as I love Jedi Greg, when was the last time he gave us concrete evidence on a rebellion 2?

Wake up guys and smell the roses.

(please prove me wrong)

A jedi needs not a signature for members to remember him by.

Guest Scathane

No, if he talking about Jedi Greg, he means Rebellion 2...

I feel that what you're posting here, Yoda_jnr, is a bit easy. I would appreciate it if you would try and help guys such as Greg DO something about it, instead of telling everybody that you firmly believe that Rebellion 2 won't happen.

Now, I know for a fact that you will never, ever jump in and actually add someting to concepts such as Rebellion 2 and Rebellion Reloaded..... But hey! All I can hope for is that you prove me wrong... :roll:

Gosh, What a depressing thread!

Well personally i'm not that bothered to much about major changes, as long as we keep getting a steady stream of cool stuff like ship models (which seem to be getting better...) and program hacks and things...

If we get anywhere with the source code, that will be cool, but I reckon some folks around here are beginning to get to grips with stuff that's pretty deep in the game engine...that's the impression I get.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

The more ideas we get, the better chances of some talented people making a Rebellion 2, or a updated version. :)
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

That's right Bill; just like the two new seriously cool ship models in the download section!

Is the Overlord SSD the best yet?

I only knew cause' Mask emailed me, and one of them does seem rather hard to find normally my friend!

So because I was alerted to looking for two, I searched the downloads database by new, and woo!

The Dauntless Cruiser-

The Overlord Super Star Destroyer-

Both with glorious textures.....ahhaaaa! :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I only knew cause' Mask emailed me, and one of them does seem rather hard to find normally my friend!

So because I was alerted to looking for two, I searched the downloads database by new, and woo!

The Dauntless Cruiser-

The Overlord Super Star Destroyer-

Both with glorious textures.....ahhaaaa! :)

*Goes straight for the downloads section* * drools at what he receives* :twisted::twisted:

back to the Rebellion2 topic we are not able to make a new, graphic good

game alone :( but if we tease the guys of Lucas-Arts.... :twisted: maybe they make a continuation :wink:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
back to the Rebellion2 topic we are not able to make a new, graphic good

game alone :( but if we tease the guys of Lucas-Arts.... :twisted: maybe they make a continuation :wink:

Are you kidding???!!! 8O You honestly believe that convincing LEC to make a new Rebellion is easier than making one ourselves???!!! 8O

I said it before and I'll say it again: you've totally lost it... :roll:

LOL so do youre best scath while programming a new rebellion2 version :D:lol::lol:

I think u not have a piece of feeling how difficult it is to make a good game, to render the graphics and so on 8O I know a friend, who made some 5 minute movies with render time of a few :!: DAYS :!: That means more than 72 hours. 8O:!: FOR FIVE MINUTES :!:8O

Or what do u think why a new game costs about 50$ bucks?? And they sell many of them :!:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Listen guys, before you start to get pissed off with me.......

I want a rebellion 2 as much as any one here.

My name used to be Masterdom and I gave gave a huge input

to the Rebellion2 ideas part of the website.

Seeing that I am not that much of a wiz when it comes

to programming etc, I try to give all my ideas.

The main problem for me is that I never hear any news. :cry:

I want to know if the game is a chance or not.

After a couple of years of continually checking up and giving ideas

and hearing no news in reply........ :cry: it's depressing.

ps- my post is a bit depressing and I apologise. After another week

without any news I was depressed- Give me something a date, a year,

a country........ something

A jedi needs not a signature for members to remember him by.

Last i heard from Greg he was having employment trouble, and I think he was also in the middle of moving house. Problem is, Greg pretty much a one man team, and has to work full time to support himself, so it's always going to be very very slow going. Also the lack of any information coming from LEC and LA means that it's going to be even slower, and of course, we're waiting to see what the copyright problems are going to be.

Other than that I don't really have any news I'm afraid. :|

Good to hear from you againthough. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

I must admit that it can be derpessing when you hear nothing from members for a while. However, as ElvisMiggell points out, this is often due to pressing matters in RL.

We would like your input on Rebellion Reloaded, however... :D