Re: Free Gundam Movie - Endless Waltz

Ghostly_Substance

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1883536160220507653&q=gundam

I was just looking around and I found this out and its the full movie  :o If anybody wants to check it out you can  ;D

Nah its different. All anime is different  ;D Educate yourself  :P Its different as Star Wars from Star Trek.

Edit: If you watch this movie then take notes since this is how war is created and could work out  ;D

Edited by Ghostly_Substance

btw i <3 late 80's anime!!!!

whoot that was a great movie and when google video is done it will be sooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!

the resolution was soooo great even when i watch the movie in full screen mode!!! HA take that windows media player

my EAW online screen name

[PFF]HAdoken13

Haven't seen this movie in about 2 years? Around that since I was watching other stuff and playing Gundam games or maybe in the Battlefield mood  :P

Such a great movie proving why we are violent and not from video games. The bias game haters should watch this and learn  ;D Gundam Seed also and well it doesn't take a genious to know but if you actually take notes things get interesting.

no really.... all anime is pretty much the same...  ::)

1) they all look the same: all of them have multi colored eyes or have no eyes at all and just eyebrows

2) most of them have obscene hair styles that are also multicolored and obvioulsy take several bottles of hair gel to hold up

3) umoving backgrounds: for some odd reason it will show a few characters walking around in a place like a market or something. you will notice that noting in the background including the people, move. even though the background noise is there notihg is moving

4) facial expressions: for some odd reason when changing facial expressions several things could happen:

a) mouth is really small but will becom ridicoulsly large in 1/1000th of a second

b) nose (which is usually already microscopic) will dissapear

c) eyes will take up 50% of fave and all color will dissapear or huge shining oval will appear int he eyes

d) strange little mutations such as a throbbing shape that looks something like this "#" will appear usually in the upper head area or a single huge bead of sweat will appear in the back or front of their heads

5) fighting that usually involves one of 5 things:

#1 giant robots

#2 trading cards

#3 swords

#5 demonic super powers

#6 stupid animals/monstors

6) endless journeys that will last until the creator gets sick of it

7) the characters rarely ever age

8 ) predictabillity: the bad guy is always defeated but somehow escapes and rerurns to fight in the next episode

9) if the bad guy is ever killed he will be replaced by a new one

10) either futureistic or aincent with magic and both can be combined with some sort of stupid martial art

11) shiney robot-like clothing

for a quick summary go here http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

you hit the nail on the head

Well you hit a broken nail on the head which means you hit the wrong nail  ;D You basically summarized the North American Catroons, well besides the magic and hair style stuff. Seeing as you guys have almost the same IP as Cheeses I will tolerate this  :P

Well normally those people who watch cartoons dont "complain" or say how boring anime is since Anime is just an enhanced version of cartoons  ;D An enhancement of imagination and never goes with the plain old boring North American stuff day in day out but with the good parts of life. Yes theres errors here and there but well......how else are you supposed to make a fun "enhanced" cartoon?  :P Guess its part of North American nature to hate Anime since I saw it air more in Europe (well they're closer to Asia but still).

Anime has a habit of using giant robots... EVA and Gundam among the more prominent examples, and I'd say they're okay but compared to some Anime it absolutely stinks.

Ghost in the Shell is some fo the best science fiction I've seen, up there with Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Battlestar Galactica.  It is so...  (dare I say it) realistic in its portrayal of a possible future someting Gundam and EVA sorely lack.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Anime has a habit of using giant robots... EVA and Gundam among the more prominent examples, and I'd say they're okay but compared to some Anime it absolutely stinks.

Ghost in the Shell is some fo the best science fiction I've seen, up there with Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Battlestar Galactica.  It is so...  (dare I say it) realistic in its portrayal of a possible future someting Gundam and EVA sorely lack.

Someones wants to make me shut up about Gundam  :P Well I try but it aint my fault that I see examples of how war is made and exists the same way compared to the real world. What the Japs are saying really makes me think how our world could "evolve" but doesn't because of politics and $$$. Cant compare Star Wars and Star Trek to the real world anymore since you can only use the same source to many times for thoughts. If humans actually made "mobile suits" or "humanoid tanks" then what we see in anime would be reality then turned into childs play. America is making robotic vehicles (AI Brain) and in Gundam Wing same goes there but just space versions of tanks. 007 inspired people with guns reading fingers. Basically someone out there with creativity would create a mech  and it happened could times in Japan but small scaled.

Anywho enough of Gundam and now to Ghost In The Shell. Well seeing as how we're creating all these prototypes i'm seeing; Japan moving to cyborg then have those "ghosts", cyber-brain, and body to body hacking.  If you miss my point then thats because i'm listening to music. Having super-human strength or robotic droids that think for themselves is already on their way and the fiction is now becoming reality. American army (Or some random person) developed a prototype skeleton that goes around your body that would help in carrying supplies from Point A-B and into the battlefield and out.  AI as I mentioned is already formed its just we have to teach the AI how to think and evolve but if we do it the wrong way we'll see it like we do in sci-fi movies and nearly take over the world and we find some weakness and overpower it by pulling the plug or whatever.

Steller and anybody else you can say what you want since I now 50/50 proved my point. GIR and Bewolf I only meant that bias thing as a joke but still comparing anime to the realworld should change your way of thought.

Unfortunately I believe that armored suits like in Gundam and EVA would be inefficient in the roles they're employed in.  Maneuvers and the agility the suits possess is far in excess of what would be truely possible for a human in a spacesuit, their complexity is also an inherent weakness, all those moving parts... imagine the maintance required.  :(

The more likely futuristic combat will be an evolution of current technological approaches. Tanks, aircraft, and eventually starships will all be different designs not the one size fits all gundam warrior.  If you want realistic space combat you can look one place... Battlestar Galactica.  It's the only one that really shows the challenges of newtonian space combat (I once mad a mod of Homeworld 2 where the ships used a newtonian physics syste... Holy shit, was that a challenge to play.)

Imagine if you will, a starfighter without moving parts except for engine nozzels and rotating turrets up against a gundam.  The fighter would be more maneuverable then the gundam and more difficult to destroy because of its design for the specific arena of space combat.  Not only that it'd be cheaper, so you could send 20 of the things against one gundam...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

-Unfortunately I believe that armored suits like in Gundam and EVA would be inefficient in the roles they're employed in.  Maneuvers and the agility the suits possess is far in excess of what would be truely possible for a human in a spacesuit, their complexity is also an inherent weakness, all those moving parts... imagine the maintance required.

True but thats the things about anime/cartoons/sci-fi that they bend the reality. Thats what makes things fun and also makes other people think "hmm what would it be like to actually have things like this" and they actually build something totally different and better. The engines on those gundams I know are small for its size since i've been playing one day on PS2 and studying it to the real world and knew it wouldn't of been done so we would have grounded tanks like we should.

The more likely futuristic combat will be an evolution of current technological approaches. Tanks, aircraft, and eventually starships will all be different designs not the one size fits all gundam warrior.  If you want realistic space combat you can look one place... Battlestar Galactica.  It's the only one that really shows the challenges of newtonian space combat (I once mad a mod of Homeworld 2 where the ships used a newtonian physics syste... Holy (censored), was that a challenge to play.)

Todays tech we managed to make things smaller and better but i'm not saying it would be possible to make a mech but if we could it would basically be a Sherman defence vs a Abraham Defence to get mechs to actually move. Ya it would be possible in the future since making cars back in Roman times was impossible  ;D Not saying 100% Possible to make mechs but you should see where i'm going. Well I didn't like Battlestar Galactica because of its political aspect and how paranoid they are. I might of watched it at a wrong point but I only watched like 5 old episodes and 2 new ones. About the Homeworld 2 mod thingy of course it would be hard since you haven't encountered it before? I cant remember the exact quote so I googled. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Understandable  ;D

Imagine if you will, a starfighter without moving parts except for engine nozzels and rotating turrets up against a gundam.  The fighter would be more maneuverable then the gundam and more difficult to destroy because of its design for the specific arena of space combat.  Not only that it'd be cheaper, so you could send 20 of the things against one gundam...

Yup a fighter without movable parts except a landing gear, cockpit door, engine nozzels and rotating turrests got it. 

vs

a mobile suit which is suposed ot be a humanoid tank with thousands of moving parts and about 5 times more components to make it move which makes it unrealistic at this time period. Its been done with Japanese AT-ST like walkers but would be pointless in battlefields (or Ep3 scout walker).

Something of interest how come we're making thousands of boats that are bigger then small European cities which cost WAY more then the Concorde to build and maintain  ::) Well dont want to think otherwise but I think humanity wants to finally slow down and rest.....

True but thats the things about anime/cartoons/sci-fi that they bend the reality. Thats what makes things fun and also makes other people think "hmm what would it be like to actually have things like this" and they actually build something totally different and better. The engines on those gundams I know are small for its size since i've been playing one day on PS2 and studying it to the real world and knew it wouldn't of been done so we would have grounded tanks like we should. Imagine some nutcase designing tanks using hovercraft style but no cover on the bottom. Well for a short period of time they could actually dodge a missle and fire right back while launching a decoy.

Todays tech we managed to make things smaller and better but i'm not saying it would be possible to make a mech but if we could it would basically be a Sherman defence vs a Abraham Defence to get mechs to actually move. Ya it would be possible in the future since making cars back in Roman times was impossible  ;D Not saying 100% Possible to make mechs but you should see where i'm going. Well I didn't like Battlestar Galactica because of its political aspect and how paranoid they are. I might of watched it at a wrong point but I only watched like 5 old episodes and 2 new ones. About the Homeworld 2 mod thingy of course it would be hard since you haven't encountered it before? I cant remember the exact quote so I googled. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Understandable  ;D

Yup a fighter without movable parts except a landing gear, cockpit door, engine nozzels and rotating turrests got it. 

vs

a mobile suit which is suposed ot be a humanoid tank with thousands of moving parts and about 5 times more components to make it move which makes it unrealistic at this time period. Its been done with Japanese AT-ST like walkers but would be pointless in battlefields (or Ep3 scout walker).

Something of interest how come we're making thousands of boats that are bigger then small European cities which cost WAY more then the Concorde to build and maintain  ::) Well dont want to think otherwise but I think humanity wants to finally slow down and rest.....

Well you hit a broken nail on the head which means you hit the wrong nail  ;D You basically summarized the North American Catroons, well besides the magic and hair style stuff. Seeing as you guys have almost the same IP as Cheeses I will tolerate this  :P

Well normally those people who watch cartoons dont "complain" or say how boring anime is since Anime is just an enhanced version of cartoons  ;D An enhancement of imagination and never goes with the plain old boring North American stuff day in day out but with the good parts of life. Yes theres errors here and there but well......how else are you supposed to make a fun "enhanced" cartoon?  :P Guess its part of North American nature to hate Anime since I saw it air more in Europe (well they're closer to Asia but still).

North American cartoons? please.... think of anime as japanese food, here in the US we have japanese food except it is refined, fefit, and altered. (not better but different) The same case goes for anime. It gets dubbed and made into toys and trading cards but you can still tell it is anime. Much like you can still tell japanese food is still japanese even though it's made by mexicans in resturants.

Most of the North American cartoons (all the good ones anyway) are usually about humor or sick humor.

Some North American cartoons that are good and/or popular:

SpongeBob

Simpsons

Family guy (a rip off of the simpsons, but a popular one nevertheless)

Invader Zim (the best of all) (but in this case was shown in japan even though it came out in the U.S. first)

Ed Edd and Eddy

Dexter's lab

South Park

these cartoons have none of the anime traits that I posted above.

[rant]all TV is repetitive how many sitcoms have been made...OK answered that?

now tell me how many are TOTALLY AND COMPLEATLY ORIGINAL. did you get that?

ya the answer was the first one.

anime is just the Japanese version of what goes on in the us/Canada

if you take invader zim (BTW i love that show) and make him taller give them all giant eyes and sexy bodies you have anime version!

anime is an art style and for the non moving background have you watched any cartoon ever?

i Will list current ones with no moving background

......all of them

ass the less time it takes to make one scene the less money it costs!

also some parts of anime such as the odd faces or non moving background are symbolism not present in American animation because all American animation is meant to be funny while most anime is not[/rant]

[PFF]HAdoken13

yay double posting!!!!

did you watch the movie???? did you notice the subtle humor? the emotional strife? the conflict? the passion? the uncertainty? the lesson?

i for one have never been emotionally moved by an American cartoon but anime has. comparing (most) anime to (most) American cartoons is like comparing euro trip (a movie where teens go to Europe and have sex...ya intelligent hu?)to a musical. two totally different ideas in the same industry. neither better than the other but both are not comparable to each other! you wouldn't say oh the mulan rouge was a terrible movie go see not another teen movie! so why would you say inuyasha sucks go watch ed,Edd and eddy?

must avoid double posting

OK i do agree with the americanised anime is sucky but that is why you get the original versions...sadly they have subtitles T.T

-a good example-

ever hear of noratu?(i think i spelled it right) well in the us it was put an a child's TV channel thus killing all the Japanese freaky sex and cussing and violence that had once been in it! thus making it worthless...but it is super popular..same thing goes with yu-gi-oh in japan it makes sense has less to do with killing eachother with cards, and is entertaining (can't say that about American version though)

[PFF]HAdoken13

Avoid double and triple posting :) Edit your post into one post.

Ok so who watched the movie and enjoyed it? Thats the point.

Well the only way to get the true feeling of anime and its greatness is to get the Japanese version which is uncut and UNCENSORED  and true to its meaning. American version however is censored because of those cowardly and lazy reared bummed parents who cant even get their kids to not watch this stuff. If you want to see what true anime is really like get it downloaded from Fansub or some other online site or somehow manage to find a rare site with .avi downloads. I watched Gundam Wing from Episode 1-50 and was amazed at the greatness but you need the Japanese version to see the "expanded" universe since as I said NA censors the living daylights out of the anime but we're lucky to still have it good. Naruto is a great anime with Ninjas which seems to be set in modern times. It has its violent times but luckily Banda US didn't censor it also or it would horrible (imagine Star Wars without fighting*shudders*).

Eurotrip is a great movie and uncensored which is the reason it gets is comical stuff from. American kids basically go to Europe and have their adventure and have fun here and there. The ending is pretty funny also  ::) Anywho goin off topic. Well most of the American Cartoons I came across sucks except for these below:

- Family Guy

- Simpsons (Starting to suck)

- South Park

- Spiderman series

- and others I cant think at the moment (those are the safe ones, others could be burned for all I care)

Fake sterotype  :-\ The ones I watch have normal mouths and actually is near realistic  ;D That guy must of been watching those kid stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon  :P Seriously no anime ever had those weird mouths.

Well, for a long time most of that was true... Disney used to be arguably the best animation studio on the planet... Then Walt died and everything has gone downhill from there.  ::)  As for the unusually big mouth things.

Anime I know about that does it:

EVA

Dragonball Z

Kind of shows how much Anime I watch.  I've also noticed that a lot of the next generation american cartoons are begining to pick up on some of the Anime style.  Cartoon Network's Teen Titans and Nickelodian's Avatar to name a few.

Signature:

I thought Avatar was Japanese  ??? Well Teen Titan did have that look............It also has Japanese singing so I also assumed it was Japanese but maybe it is but stolen by the Americans. I always watch Avatar on Saturdays then Shaman King then I log onto this forum at 1 pm. Avatar, Pokemon (Keeps me waiting for Shaman King).

Dragonball Z ? Oh ya when Goku is eating like a pig and also laughing (all I can remember at the moment). GT is also what i'm basing this off of. One Piece.......well yes only on those humor parts such as insults for someones stupidity. Naruto...........ok Bewulf you win on that part but its still great  8)

I'm not keen on Anime mostly because the already mentioned stupid-looking noses and unnatural facial expressions, but playing games like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance has shown me that the Anime/Manga/whatever drawing style can be pretty when used correctly. I mean more realistic looking faces, mostly.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

I'm not keen on Anime mostly because the already mentioned stupid-looking noses and unnatural facial expressions, but playing games like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance has shown me that the Anime/Manga/whatever drawing style can be pretty when used correctly. I mean more realistic looking faces, mostly.

Are you guys just pickign on anime just because 2 people on this forum like it and 10 more can put up with it?  and Also with trance because it can calm a person down like weed can?  ::) Everything I read so far (except Steller_Magic's post) seems to be how you guys cant tolerate anime just because its different. O wow a new game came out, meh it sucks just because its different.