Half-Life 2

SOCL

Will you be getting Half-Life 2?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting Half-Life 2?

• Of course!!! Next to Rebellion (maybe not), Half-Life is the best!
    • Yes, but it sure won't take away from my Rebellion time.
    • Sure, but a little after the release...maybe wait for a price deduction.
    • Maybe.... I think I'll wait for a few reviews first.
    • No, it doesn't interest me.
    • A Half-Life game?! YEAH RIGHT!!! Half-Life sucks!
    • What the hell is Half-Life?
    • Um...SOCL, I think you've gone completely insane.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am a HUGE Half-Life fan! For a long time I had heard rumors of a Half-Life 2 but dismissed them as just that, rumors. Then, not to long ago, a kind-hearted SWR forumer informed me that Half-Life 2 was set to come out...and I went berserk (again)!!! I couldn't believe it! One of my favorite games of all time was at last going to have a sequel!!! I rejoiced, but did not act...that is, until today.

Today I visited the great Half-Life site Planet Half-Life and got the scoop on the game and I must say... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O WOW!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No wasting a second, I took the liberty of borrowing a few pictures.... Drool, drool... Oh, sorry about that. :oops: BUT I AM SO EXCITED! Tomorrow I journey to my local Electronic Boutique (a video game store) to reserve my copy that way I'll have one on the release date: September 30 of this year!!!

How many of you guys are excited?! How many are getting it?! Well, thus you have a poll!

In celebration of Half-Life 2, I have taken a picture from PHL and made it into a kind of "preview" sort of picture. I know, it's not all that great, but enjoy any how.

Half-Life 2

Edited by SOCL

ARGH! :x I've already tried three times! :x Why won't the image work?! :x The link works perfectly fine, and the picture is fine, and the url is correct...so what's the problem?! :x

Try again here:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/159691/Freeman(HL2).jpg

ARGH! :x :x :x

UPDATE: Got it fixed thanks to Scath. :D Look above.

Edited by SOCL

Guest Scathane

Sure, I'll play it, but I'll wait a bit for the prices to have dropped (I seldomly buy a game upon release). Half-Life was one of the most entertaining games I ever played.

With regard to the link from VillagePhotos, try using another one...

Edited by Scathane

I don't understand what you mean. Try another(?): picture, post, link, re-upload the picture...? :?

Saddly enough I've never heard of Half-Life.
8O You must go to this website: Planet Half-Life.

Guest Scathane

I don't understand what you mean. Try another(?): picture, post, link, re-upload the picture...? :?
Click on the pictures thumbnail: it enlarges and gives you several links benath it. You want the one that starts with "

Click on the pictures thumbnail: it enlarges and gives you several links benath it. You want the one that starts with "Odd, that's the one I tried, but I only posted the actual address instead of the "..." or simply "

Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of Half Life? What about Counterstrike, you must have heard of that. Please, tell me you were joking! 8O 8O 8O

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I will not buy it. I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, so i think I will pass.

BTW SOCL, is EB a huge chain down there? They seem to have sprung up over night up here.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

BTW SOCL, is EB a huge chain down there?
It's quite extensive, yes. You see them at every shopping center and mall (not just the large/major ones like GameSpot).
They seem to have sprung up over night up here.
They have migrated north.... Odd...what American company in the right mind migrate to Canada?...

:wink:

BTW SOCL, is EB a huge chain down there?
It's quite extensive, yes. You see them at every shopping center and mall (not just the large/major ones like GameSpot).
They seem to have sprung up over night up here.
They have migrated north.... Odd...what American company in the right mind migrate to Canada?...

:wink:

Gee, I don't know...... maybe Wal-Mart?

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

EB, Electronics Boutique? They're called Game now in England, but they're not as good as Gamestation. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Gee, I don't know...... maybe Wal-Mart?
Well, yeah, but that's Wal-Mart. They'll migrate anywhere, following their thousand-year-old nomadic culture in search of money and attempting to establish a monopoly that gets away due to loopholes in the system.

You know, there are a total of five--no, wait, six Wal-Marts where I live (right outside of post)?! And they're all Supercenters! And they're all less than fifteen minutes away by car!!! :x Clarksville, Tennesse, USA: Land of the Wal-Marts. :x

Elvis, yes I've heard of counter-Strike.
I have Counter-Strike, but I've never played it (I haven't even installed it yet). I got it the other day with the Half-Life Platinum Collection pack (I got it because I couldn't find Blue Shift alone and figured that five games, only two of which I already owned, for less than the price of one was worth it). I heard, though, that C-S is only multiplayer and doesn't have a single player mode (like Team Fortress Classic). Is that true?

You can get bots for it, but yes, it's mainly an online or lan thing. It's hugely popular. :)

It's hugely popular. :)
So I've heard.

I've played counter-strike. It's fun 8)
So I've heard. :roll:

Are you kidding? Counter-Strike is only the most popular online game... ever. 8O
So I've heard. Hey, JediIgor, haven't seen you around in a while! How's it going?

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I love Half Life can't wait for the next one, and i love Counterstrike both are great games. Oh and just to let you know that Sweet-Hearted Forumer that let you know about Half Life 2 was Me SOCL. :wink: