The Matrix Reloaded

Guest Scathane

What did you think about The Matrix Reloaded?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about The Matrix Reloaded?

• Brilliant!
    • Reasonable. I like part one better.
    • You know how GL screwed up with the prequels? The Wachowsky brothers beat him with this sequel!

Wow. Really?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's one of cinema's greatest trilogys, yet. But it sure has the potential.

I don't get why you thought it was so bad?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

I'll tell you (for people who haven't seen the movie yet and who happen to stumble across this topic, the text is made black). Select to highlight > The movie is full of fight scenes that last way too long! After having Neo do one fight, you've seen them all. When they're not fighting, they're talking mysteriously about all kinds of stuff they don't explain (texts like we all do what we have to do, it is what it is, and so on). Things that are interesting, such as the Oracle being a software program and Mr. Smith being a kind of virus, aren't developed enough.

Furthermore, the house party was a total screw up (the scene was actually gold filtered!!!) and..., PLEASE, WHY DID NEO HAVE TO BE ABLE TO FLY???!!!

Capice?

Guest Scathane
Well, vote then! We're a cult web community: we need to have a statistically argumented opinion about stuff such as The Matrix! :wink:

Maybe you didn't realise, but the whole point of doing the Matrix films was to build a world where they could have Neo as a superhero. That was their intent all along, and the frst film was just setting the scene. :?

Personally i thought it was a perfectly competent film. I enjoyed it because I like that sort of action. I get the impression that you guys just didn't enjoy it, and that you're equating that with being a 'bad' film. Personally I didn't really enjoy Silence of the Lambs, but that doesn't make it a bad film... :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest Scathane
Maybe you didn't realise, but the whole point of doing the Matrix films was to build a world where they could have Neo as a superhero. That was their intent all along, and the frst film was just setting the scene. :?

Personally i thought it was a perfectly competent film. I enjoyed it because I like that sort of action. I get the impression that you guys just didn't enjoy it, and that you're equating that with being a 'bad' film. Personally I didn't really enjoy Silence of the Lambs, but that doesn't make it a bad film... :)

Hmmm...., that's not what I'm doing. I just feel they could've made much more out of it. Neo flying wasn't the only thing I criticized by far, and yet it's the only point you react to. Moreover, I'm not telling anyone to agree with me, hence the poll options. Tell us why you like it. :)

Well i expect that there were some limitations placed on the oracle due to her dying, have to wait and see on that one.

I believe that we will hear a lot more about Smith in the next film, just like in SW you don't find out much about Vader in the first film, and then more in the second, and then plenty in the third. :)

Yes the talking is tedious. Zion's party was very boring, but a lot of the talking was intrinsic to the later understanding of the architects explanation and Neo's dilemma as to what to do.

I liked the film, it wasn't amazing, but the Ep IV and V needed VI for completion, so it remains to be seen. I think the Wachowski brothers have done a great job of inventing a new superhero and giving him a world to live in. There havn't been any new heros for a while, and it was about time someone brought something new to the superhero world. :)

All in all, I preferred the first movie. The second one could have been fine with a bit of editing. Some scenes were WAY too long. The dance scene and the Smith fight in particular. The overall premise of the "Matrix" is extremely cool.

That's it Glandry. :) Though i thought the Smith fight was good because it shows you just how powerful Neo is, because anyone else would have trouble with just one Smith etc etc. :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I thought it was great! The movie was great except for a few parts that were to long, (as said before). Oh well thats my view of the topic.

Have you guys heard of the The Waltrix? Well, it's something made by some Half-Life fan(s) at Planet Half-Life's hosted site The Scientist Killing Club. Well, let me put is this way: I thought The Waltrix was FAR better than the second Matrix, and that says a lot since I didn't particularly enjoy The Waltrix.

If you don't know anything about Half-Life, go here: PHL

If you don't know anything about Walter Bennett (the scientist in The Waltrix), go here: Walter's World. It's HILLARIOUS and, don't worry, not homosexual (as The Waltrix may confuse you).

I thought the movie was OK, the special effects were impressive, the motorcycle chase was great, other than that it was just OK.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Trejiuvanat, when did you teach Zoot the power of the Dorkside?

Just stay out of it Jedi44 you may get hurt. :wink: