Re: The Light of the Empire

if you don't like the game then don't post about it this forum is for feedback yes but we like to talk about the game as a good game not as a

This game is prety dumb it's heros are overly powerful and the scale is horrible, the whole weather thing is kind of dumb and the rancors are to strong.

this game is like a decappetated moose

This is not Positive and can be seen as a personal attack it is unwelcome here! go away if you have no positive feedback! but don't ever insult this game here!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Um, Superman's post was not a personal attack on anyone.

Anyway, Superman, your problems with the game stated above could use some explaining, like what makes the weather dumb and what would be a better implemented Rancor?

If you can add these things to your posts, then they are valid and are welcome here.  I as well as other people have expressed concerns with the hero power and the units scaling, but when we do, we post why we don't like the way it currently is and what it should be.  As a matter of fact, a developer has commented on one of those threads and taken note about the hero complaints, but a thread like this will not be responded to by them because there is no point.

Heh, I also am interested in how this game matches up with a decapitated moose.  :)

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

it's not a personal attack on someone but it is insulting the skill s and abilities of the DEV's who have worked there arse off to give us a great game that will renovate the Genre!

The devs are not going to be personally devastated by this one post.  And as long as the poster can provide reasons behind his statement, this can be a constructive post.  Nothing but positive statements and praise can be nice for a while, but they ultimately do nothing to help a game along.

I concur, the dev's say they live on feedback, if it's going to be bad at lest make resons for it

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

it's not a personal attack on someone but it is insulting the skill s and abilities of the DEV's who have worked there arse off to give us a great game that will renovate the Genre!

No offence, but your "this is the best game ever because Petroglyph worked so hard on it"-attitude is just as bad as Superman's attitude. Newsflash, the developers in all games work hard.

Anyway Superman you really need to tell us why this game is like a decapitated moose.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

this is not feedback. this is what you call Trolling.

Feedback is constructive criticism or postive comments. he is nothing more then a troll who should be banned from the forums.

He says nothing more then "This game sucks" and thats not constructive and should not be tolerated

Ok, this back and forth is going far enough.  Next person to post in here, please post about the content of the game in relation to the previous post, not about who is posting what.  Lets be constructive here.

Heh, Vasuba is correct and happened to post this right when i was posting,  ::)so the Next person after my post... ok.

He's moaning over things that were resolved months ago: Answers to all his questions and complaints!

1) scale! The scale was constructed so that a player wouldn't need to constantly search for Fighters and other units if they had A Capitl Ship in it.

2) the Weather Is there as a new layer to the game! if you don't like it don't play the game!

3) The Rancors can be killed easily i found sorry if it destroyed your infantry but thats what the rancor is there for the rancor can crash through units easily!

Well the moderating options is simpler so if Superman decides to say negative things again then he must say it in a constructive manner or I will take it as a flame.

For example:  The heroes suck since they have overpowered weapons and their health is like......godly. We could fix that by doing this or that  ::)

He's moaning over things that were resolved months ago: Answers to all his questions and complaints!

1) scale! The scale was constructed so that a player wouldn't need to constantly search for Fighters and other units if they had A Capitl Ship in it.

2) the Weather Is there as a new layer to the game! if you don't like it don't play the game!

3) The Rancors can be killed easily i found sorry if it destroyed your infantry but thats what the rancor is there for the rancor can crash through units easily!

[icy tone] some of us weren't on this forum months ago[/icy tone]

the only problem I have so far is the scale

"scale! The scale was constructed so that a player wouldn't need to constantly search for Fighters and other units if they had A Capitl Ship in it."

that 's why we have the zoom function, zoom out see all your capital ships while the fighters appear as little dots, zoom in and see you fighters in detail. How hard is that?

Homeworld's space combat blows EaW's out of the water(cliche...). It's scale was set up as GIR says, so you can zoom out and see fighters as little dots etc. Homeworld's interface is still my favorite for space combat, but Petroglyph probably wanted something original. I'm not even sure they pulled that off.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon proverb.

http://www.shearers.com/images/product/showcase/porkrinds_original2.jpg

Homeworld's space combat blows EaW's out of the water(cliche...). It's scale was set up as GIR says, so you can zoom out and see fighters as little dots etc. Homeworld's interface is still my favorite for space combat, but Petroglyph probably wanted something original. I'm not even sure they pulled that off.

but what if it is lame and origional?

Space in EAW is fine. It has a new feel to it then any other game I played to it. Either get used to it, fix it yourself, or play land skirmish maps OR dont buy it  :-\ Found space fairly entertaining even in the demo.

Honestly the 3D plain in Homeworld was an asset that was rarely used, even in multiplayer matches. It was a nice feature to have but it wasnt exactly used in great volume. In all the games I played online I can count on my hands the number of times I actually used the z axis to my advantage. The currently 2.5D movement is just fine and infact if you rarely used the Z axis in homeworld then thats what it became as well except for camera movement which I consider superior on the normal level to EaW, but Homeworld doesnt have the cinema view, a nice feature makes for great visuals especially with music in the backround, and the combat chatter is sorta lacking. Homeworld and HW:C had great backround between pilots talking to one another. Oh well.

I really hate to say it but, if there is one thing the Space combat in EAW reminds me of its the space combat in the game Star Trek: Armada II... Except its worse in a number of ways.

1.) Armada II used a 2-D plane with Z layers just like EAW, but all the units could freely move between the Z layers, EAW's units can not (With the exception of Starfighters).

2.) Every space unit had its "Special Ability" Cloaking, Polaron Torpedoes, Ion Cannons (In EAW you could replace this with Tractor Beam, Spatial Charges, Diamond-Boron Missiles) But since space battles were often fairly large you wouldn't have time to manage each ability, so the designers included combat settings that made it so you could have the individual unit AI make the decision (Once again something EAW lacks).

3.) The Space Grid is ugly, its always ugly! So have a button to turn it off, at least Armada had that setting.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Said this in another thread and will say it again, HW space map system sucked IMO and to many others that is why HW was always a small niche title for loyal fans it was never a huge hit like EAW might become.

And as delphi said in the other thread, if the HW system is so good why is not being used by other companys?

Scale should never have presented a problem. 'Homeworld' was able to get it correct and 'Supreme Commander' is going to have maps which represent huge sizes (the screen images showing little tiny marks on a properly zoomed out map are apparently not individual units, but instread represent whole groups of them).

But wondering about what units are where was solved years ago on not just the first 'Total War' title, but 'War Of The Worlds', too!

What did they have? Simply tabs on the lower portion of the screen which automatically select (and, with an extra click, can take you to) the unit in question.

Want some way to show when a unit is in dire peril? Simple again! Just have the tab flash or go a different colour or be symbolised with an important icon!

There is also the ability for mouse-over effects which could be implemented, where you need not even select the tab, but a highlight would show up on the screen and map, whenever you passed the cursor over its organised tab.

Very simple. Extremely effective. Would do away completely with any problems to do with locating units on the screen at any time.

Scale should never have presented a problem. 'Homeworld' was able to get it correct and 'Supreme Commander' is going to have maps which represent huge sizes (the screen images showing little tiny marks on a properly zoomed out map are apparently not individual units, but instread represent whole groups of them).

But wondering about what units are where was solved years ago on not just the first 'Total War' title, but 'War Of The Worlds', too!

What did they have? Simply tabs on the lower portion of the screen which automatically select (and, with an extra click, can take you to) the unit in question.

Want some way to show when a unit is in dire peril? Simple again! Just have the tab flash or go a different colour or be symbolised with an important icon!

There is also the ability for mouse-over effects which could be implemented, where you need not even select the tab, but a highlight would show up on the screen and map, whenever you passed the cursor over its organised tab.

Very simple. Extremely effective. Would do away completely with any problems to do with locating units on the screen at any time.

I am just so glad people who truly like the "scaling" to be life like are so small in the game market that most devs ignore them.