Re: Are You Still Planning on Buying Game After Demo/Mods

Nevets

Planning on buying the game?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Planning on buying the game?

• Oh Yea! Best Star Wars game ever. I'm going to get it first day!
    • Definitely getting it, looks like the best star wars strategy game out there.
    • It looks to be on par with Rebellion, will probably get it.
    • I had my full with the demo and mods. I may or may not get it.
    • It sucked, wont buy it at all.
    • Not sure yet.

Of course. Demo is just the toppings on the pizza. I pre-ordered the collectors so i'll have a nice tasty pizza  ;D Lets just hope my computer doesn't eat EAW like my PS2 did to San Andreas  :o I can wait till Feb 15 and not downloading all these crazy mods  :P

well one thing is for sure. if the game is as moddable as they say, then its definately going to be an awesome game. but right now it lacks lots of things that at least I would like to see. it just seems too simple right now. anyway can't judge till the full game comes out and till I see some real mods.

I'm getting the game!!! Whoot! It is way above any other RTS I have played. It is like one really big and good cookie. Mmmmmmm.....cookies.....

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Yeah, what if you think its not going to be as good as rebellion but you'll get it anyway... Kind of a scewed poll eh?

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Somehow everyone buying the game and it being "the best Star Wars game ever" is a false correlation.

Im sorry, since when does your word become law? ??? Im not trying to start an argument here, but I read your post in the other section and all I saw was complete disgust and negativity with the game. I have yet to see one positive comment from you JI, regarding the work of art that Petroglyph has created.

I would stop clamoring over Rebellion's rotting carcas, cause it's time to move on to something far more grand and innovative. This will become one of the most innovative RTS games ever concieved, and not even all your whining and negativity can prevent that from happening. >:(

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

I've played rebellion thousands of times and still have it on my HD. But in all this time I never enjoyed the space battles and there are many things I hated about this game. It just was the only "playable" Star Wars strategy Game. I have to admit, yes, I enjoyed it for a long time, but it can't be compared to EaW... EaW is a state of the art game while rebellion was outdatet even when it was released. Rebellion was a game for the hardcore fan whereas EaW is going to become a overall-blockbuster. Btw:Rebellion never got good reviews from any Games magazine I know/knew

Nothing wrong with Tatooine

Agreed,  I had a blast making this map.

The Tatooine is a really good map.  Play testing your mod, where Tatooine is the only ground map, over and over against the same force of pirates isn't so cool, particularly when the game doesn't output to some sort of log what models it can't find/load/use.

Zing!

I have to say, I was very disappointed after playing it the first time. It was sort of a let down, since it restricted so much of the gameplay. The graphics stunned me, but the demo didn't give me the impression I wanted it to.

After I played some of the mods for the demo, however...well, I found that my disappointment was completely unfounded. I love this game, and will probably get it the day it comes out. It has a lot of depth to ground/space battles, and even though I've played Tatooine over and over again I can speculate that each planet will be equally as challenging and fun. Between the weather, the environement, the creatures, and the actual landscapes of each map...Empire at War is going to rule.

CONFUSE-A-CAT!!

Yeah, i havent got the demo yet... friend of mine mailed it to me, should get it in a day or two.  But i am definitely getting it.  Although i dont think you can really put EaW and Rebellion on the same level.  EaW is an RTS.  Rebellion was like a grand strategy game.  Just my 2 cents.  Rebellion was good though dont get me wrong :)

What do you guys think?

To me it is looking like it could be the best star wars strategy game, it not it will definitely be on par with rebellion and fill that niche.

Most deffinantly I will buy the game, though I will be out of town on a ski trip and away from my computer come launch day =(  I will however take a break from the mountains and grab the game and try and run it on my laptop. Heres hoping, to good fortune with the laptop.

Whilst modding the demo can get you so far (in so much as your able to learn alot for prodding around iwth the files), it still leaves you with a sense of limitations. The full game will provide a much better way to learn and besides. The other campaigns still interest me a hell of alot. Besides which The games been pre-ordered for quite some time.

The Poll is a little one sided IMO.  I preordered it as soon as I saw the E3 stuff....then i started going to the LEC then PF forums.  Though I would say that this is the best SW RTS I've seen I'll need to play the full version before I say about Rebellion VS EAW!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

well if you think its that one sided here post it on the LEC forums they seem to be the Flamers forums (mainly).

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

From looking at others' reaction to EAW on another forum I post at, it looks like roughly:

20% find the game boring

20% Seem interested, but were hoping for more of a Rebellion game.

30% Love the space battles, dislike land battles.

30% Can't wait for the full game to come out.