Now that we have played the game...

EJMM

As a RTS in the vein of command and conquer I give it a 9

As a strategy game in the vein of Rebellion I give it a 4

As a combination of the two generes I'd say a 6

Like a week long trip to Vegas its a lot of fun at first but by day 6 the lights stop catching your attention and there is nothing left doing to hold your intrest.  Of course this is based solely on the *moded* version of the demo.  I have hope for the full version and the subsequent mods.

Playing this game was sheer bliss. Only a few minor things need to be worked out, which they no doubt will by the time the game comes out. The game looks absolutely GORGEOUS and the Star Wars experience is all there. I can't wait to get my hands on this game as soon as it hits the shelves.

(After playing this game, I have rediscovered my love for the Imperial March! ;D ;D)

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

6 total

This isnt canon enough. Ship stats are wrong. Plus they don't make sense so EAW ships cant fit as canon. Wheres heros like Jan D. or Jan O.

Motti Tagge. I pray that Legacy can mod everything possible from rebellion and other stuff.

10 for the space combat. I love it, it's not just about 'everything charge in and fire'. There was one battle where my ships got wiped away quickly. Then, the next battle, I had pretty much the same amount and types of ships and I won fairly easy. Also, the pop cap that we feared is indeed hardly noticeable.

5 for ground combat. It's Force Commander, what more is there to say >.>

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/aquaillusion.png

6 total

This isn't canon enough. Ship stats are wrong. Plus they don't make sense so EAW ships cant fit as canon. Wheres heros like Jan D. or Jan O.

Motti Tagge. I pray that Legacy can mod everything possible from rebellion and other stuff.

Here we go with the mods again. :P

Who are these people? Most EU sources are unreliable, and George Lucas himself says that only the films are considered canon. If the MOVIES aren't canon enough than I don't know what is. Sure there are a couple made up units like the Tartan and the Marauder, but that's to be expected for balance.

The ship stats are perfect the way they are. If you're referring to the Acclimator, it's designation as a frigate is correct. It was rendered obsolete as a battleship because the newer technology in Imperial Class Star Destroyers were far more powerful. Thus, it still serves a valuable service as primary troop transport for the Imperial Navy.

"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be unnatural."- Darth Sidious

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2268/tfomegag25vz.jpg

The Marauder isnt made up. It makes plenty of apperances elsewhere and in other games..in EaW its weapons arent exactly whats known..typically from the RPG books the ships were armed with 8 turbolaser cannons. Not missiles..

Who are these people? Most EU sources are unreliable, and George Lucas himself says that only the films are considered canon. If the MOVIES aren't canon enough than I don't know what is.

Exactly. The whole EU enrages me, with it's Star Destroyer with Death Star cannon-crap. Super races and super weapons everywhere, is that what we should accept as a part of Star Wars?

I cant rate a game after just playing the demo. However, the demo steered my expectations of this game into about 8.8 on the Gamespot scale. So it's gonna be a great game, and not far from superb.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

The demo was probably a 7, for me.

The graphics were pretty good (aside from Kashyyyk - for some reason, the graphics were pretty shoddy there, particularly the trees), the Star Wars atmosphere was very crisp, and there was a very palpable "feel" for each faction. When ordered around by that asshole Imperial, I really felt like I was taking orders from some Third Reich-esque, opportunistic military elite...I can only imagine what Tarkin will be like.  :D Space battles were very fun, but ground felt lacking, for some reason.

The main gripes I had were camera-oriented. The cinema camera is still very shoddy and needs lots of refinement. Often times, it jerks around and focuses on the least exciting part of the battle when there are all sorts of cool explosions and stuff occuring. It's been dissapointing, because I often just zoom in rather than risk turning on the cinema camera, because even if I "switch" around views by pressing Space Bar over and over again, 9 out of 10 times I won't see anything too cool; and if I do, it won't be for long. I don't know if there is any sort of "rotate camera" option when in the main view, but it isn't very clear if there is one, or if there is, how to use it.

Also, there needs to be some sort of "Hold Ground" command for ground units. When I was on Tatooine, my idiot Rebel artillery kept trying to be heroic and sallied forth, only to get vaporized by turbolasers.  :-\ It got very unnerving to have to babysit all of my ground units.

Hmmm...

Hard to give a really good grade..

I've put in some people's impression of another forum to which I agree totally agree.

Overall, I was impressed, it's very easy to pick-up and get into it and the gameplay is very easy to pick up. Personally I don't think there is anything that truly shines about the game and while I enjoyed the game, it didn't knock me back as I had hoped it would. Overall, it reminded me of the Imperium Galatica series and has a very similar setup overall with some clever twists such as the population cap depending on planets, the heroes, the planet bonuses and the stealing of technology. It strikes me that being Rebels is a lot more of an original style of gameplay than being the Imperials.

There were some things that I did find slightly annoying. Firstly, the default game speed is insanely fast. Now I'm not entirely sure how multiplayer will work, but for singleplayer I was just overwhelmed by the sheer speed of the game, particularly the space battles. Once I'd issued an attack order to my fighters, I found it incredibly difficult to ever be able to select them again as they whizzed around the map. And while the ability to target specific systems of capital ships was nice, to me there were just too many systems requiring intense micro-management. Personally I'd like to see it reduced to attack either Shields/Weapons/Engines rather than each individual weapon system. Prehaps a default sub-system could be set for bombers so you just chose them to attack ships.

Finally, hardpoints on units/stations. I find that they take huge amounts of firepower to disable, and that you are better off simply targeting the main body in almost all cases. Shield nodes on space stations might be worthwhile, but then you have other weapons that are *designed* for knocking down sheilds and paralyzing units that are better at it...

Reinforcement pads. Absolutely hate the damned things. I want to be able to land as many units as I want where I want. I want my legions of troopers to rain death upon my enemies in vast numbers, and not need those reinforcement points to reinforce them.

I also found space battles had other troubles too; the celestial phenomena tend to simply funnel units towards each other. I mean, if you get caught in a dust cloud, you're a sitting duck. I'd have liked the phenomena to have had different effects on different ships; small ships and fighters being more immune to the adverse effects and so using these areas to their advange in hit-and-run attacks on bigger forces.

9.9/10 have to say nothing is perfect, i don't like the fact that you can double build a building there's no need for it, unless it ups the build rate and it didn't seem to.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

A couple things here and there, but other than that, I love it! I understand that we couldn't have all the things that we wanted because if we did, it would mess up the entire game. I can't wait to see what the complete version is like!