Re: Mon Cals and SD for the Demo

Junker

that is sooo cool ;D

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Don't know if this is already posted here.

With this little Mod you can play Mon Calamari against some Star Destroyer in the Vergesso Asteroids.

Also you can build A-Wings and the T4-B tank of the rebells. ;)

Mon Cals and SD

Where is that mod?, the one I have I can only play with the assault frigate mark II.

Junker thanks - PLS post the download link here tooo ???

Also post a detailed installation notice pls.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Cain. Would it be useful to have a specific thread only for these mod releases?? with a specific set of installation instructions (not that its difficult to do anyway).

Done

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=1955.0

Just inform the moders now ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

If any of you have any mods to get download it post it on the demo mod thread in the Mod forum section. Keep it nice and simple  ;D

edit: damn Cain I already had one made and told you where it was, o well use Cains thread then :|

i can't be asked to mod the demo as Otto says the Full game will be here soon just be patient and we'll have everything we want.

EDIT: Saw some screenies and got tempted lol mine is now modded with SirNukes Mod and it works perfectly now. but need the not buildable in Demo block removed on some of the stuff. 

Edited by Grand Admiral Thrawn 889

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

i can't be asked to patch the demo as Otto says the Full game will be here soon just be patient and we'll have everything we want.

i dunno man i seemed to use his mod and you dont have to overwrite or replace any files so your whole patch idea went out the window

cracker would be the correct word...nice try though

Hacker, cracker, modder, same crap. Anyone that screws with a game for free is one of these... Crackers usually create illegal copies of the game and then make a "cracked" .exe file. Or so I've heard.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon proverb.

http://www.shearers.com/images/product/showcase/porkrinds_original2.jpg

Hacker, cracker, modder, same crap. Anyone that screws with a game for free is one of these... Crackers usually create illegal copies of the game and then make a "cracked" .exe file. Or so I've heard.

I've had enough of this hacker stuff.

Don't you think that your words insult many of PFFs board members and moders around the world ? You don't even know anything about what "to mod" actualy means. Or was it just ironic? moders don't hack or crack a game. There is a big difference between people ilegaly cracking games (to make them playable from HD or copy), hackers (guys who find ways round security systems in networks, programms etc.) and moders who just change things that were meant to be changed by the programmers. Most game companys like petroglyph support moding communitys for their games, because mods help keeping a game alive. Moders work hard to give free game content to you that perhaps just wasn't in the game because of balancing issues or create totaly new units, maps, campaigns etc.

lol Bismarck your going to offend alot of people saying that stuff, and for your info this game is ment to be Moded so that you know, which also means the Demo, Petroglyph is happy that this is going on though Lucas Arts would like to put a stop to it, if they didnt want people to mod the files then they should have released the Demo, so dont hack on people who are doing only what the people from the Horses mouth said, also its not Illigal to modifie the game at all!

Illigal to copy games and sell them etc etc, but not Mod them, or mod out no cd key's etc, poeple think because you can modifie a games files that your evil and hack peoples computers etc, thats not the case.

I think EAW is overrun with mods, there are too many for a game that isn't even out yet. And why make a mod for the demo? Who is so obessed and so impatient that they make a mod for a demo when the game comes out in a matter of weeks?

Don't you think that your words insult many of PFFs board members and moders around the world ? You don't even know anything about what "to mod" actualy means. Or was it just ironic? moders don't hack or crack a game. There is a big difference between people ilegaly cracking games (to make them playable from HD or copy), hackers (guys who find ways round security systems in networks, programms etc.) and moders who just change things that were meant to be changed by the programmers. Most game companys like petroglyph support moding communitys for their games, because mods help keeping a game alive. Moders work hard to give free game content to you that perhaps just wasn't in the game because of balancing issues or create totaly new units, maps, campaigns etc.

I didn't say anything about it being illegal. Modding a game is perfectly legal. But it involves editing game files the same way hackers do...Hacking is somewhat legal, as long as it doesn't involve posting on the internet.

Now you should probably apoligize to all the modders on this board before GS hits you with something or Fosh hits you with his Ewok Stick Thing of Doom! ;D

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

I didn't say anything about it being illegal. Modding a game is perfectly legal. But it involves editing game files the same way hackers do...Hacking is somewhat legal, as long as it doesn't involve posting on the internet.

I don't think you quite have gotten the point on the hackers vs modders thing.  But anyway, this is all semantics.  If Petroglyph has a problem with this (which they don't so far) they can step in and say so.  Otherwise, this is purely up to the individual whether or not they want to "waste their time", as you put it, on messing with the demo.

You can express your opinion, but you as well as a few others on this board need to watch that you are not expressing these opinions as personal or provoking attacks.  We have too much going on here to allow that to happen.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Uhh....Personal attack? I merely said I was fed up with modding before game release. I never once said there was a problem with modding; I merely look down upon pregame moddage. And you want me to apologize...for what?

I shouldn't have included modding with cracking, but some of the mods people make are made through hacking into game files and scrambling or editing them. Some mods are different from others, but a few are just downloadable hacks.

Uhh....Personal attack? I merely said I was fed up with modding before game release. I never once said there was a problem with modding; I merely look down upon pregame moddage. And you want me to apologize...for what?

I shouldn't have included modding with cracking, but some of the mods people make are made through hacking into game files and scrambling or editing them. Some mods are different from others, but a few are just downloadable hacks.

Before this even gets started, I gave a warning about personal attacks, not an accusation.  I also was not singling you out, as I mentioned other members of the board in the warning as well.  I don't believe I asked you to apologize for anything either.

As for these semantics, it seems that you have your own view of what cracking, hacking and modding mean, whether you are in the minority of opinions on those views or not.

The negative reaction you have garnered by referring to the work people are doing on the demo to pass the time until the regular game is release has to do with the connotation associated with the terms you are using.

Hacking is very seldom associated with a legal activity, therefore by calling the work being done hacking, your intent is perceived to be accusing the modders of illegal and/or unethical behavior.  This is something that most people do no appreciate.

Cracking is also a term that is generally used to refer to the illegal activity of modifying core software to circumvent security designed to protect the rights of the software manufacturer/developer.  Referring to modifications done to a program that has been distributed freely as cracking doesn't really make sense to most people because of this common understanding of the term.

The term modding as is generally being used on these boards is basically the insertion or changing of content in a program to add, unlock or enhance the content taking advantage of the core engine.  This activity has been stated by Petroglyph to be something that they support (with certain restrictions as not modifying content or extracting it and claiming it as your own original content, a no brainer really), and there has been countless "mods" done on games for a very long time, and on their demos as well.  A few mods have even been embraced by the companies that originally released the game and sold as separate versions, reference to CounterStrike and DayofDefeat are the most likely to be identified as such.

Therefore, it would probably help your arguments to refer to the activity being undertaken on the files and content of the EAW demo as modding.  Whether or not you choose to do this is up to you, but remember that when you use the term "cracking" and/or "hacking" you are in essence accusing or suggesting that the people creating these mods and the ones using them are performing illegal and/or unethical behavior.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

"Now you should probably apoligize to all the modders on this board before GS hits you with something or Fosh hits you with his Ewok Stick Thing of Doom!"

Sorry, wrong person. That was Dork the Hunter's comment.

Terms in the English language often mean different things with different people...I see editing a game file to adjust gameplay without any actual work as hacking.

If I offended any hacker/modder/cracker...sorry.

I LIKE dot dot dot...