Thrawn's dead...

Guest Scathane

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to give the man his chops, He was a Genious!!!
No denying that, which brings up the question we have tossed around a billion times and if I bring it we'll probably get into one of those round-and-round-and-round debates again, but oh well. He was a genius, so why was he unable to detect the Noghri's betrayl? I mean, you could see he was picking up on it! Personnaly, I believe Zahn was originally going to have him be able to predict it (because it seemed like he already knew), but then knew that if Thrawn did predict it he would stop it and then what? After all: TGGMW. :evil:

He was picking up on it, but he missed an essential piece of information....

Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker.

He knew that the noghri were acting strangely but didn't know the extent of Noghri betrayal. Thrawn had to die as I pointed out somewhere else, but would it have made any difference if he had predicted it???

Perhaps...

"But it was so artistically done."

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Let me put it this way SOCL.

If thrawn lived there would not be NJO, at least not a series about jedi. :D

He was picking up on it, but he missed an essential piece of information....

Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker.

He knew that the noghri were acting strangely but didn't know the extent of Noghri betrayal. Thrawn had to die as I pointed out somewhere else, but would it have made any difference if he had predicted it???

Perhaps...

"But it was so artistically done."

True, he didn't know about the Anakin Skywalker-Darth Vader connection, but I think that would have made little difference to him once he found out the Noghri were going to betray him. In reality, you could sense that he knew about it, but maybe Zahn gave up that idea because just a little later he suddenly becomes oblivious of it. You'll notice it in the way he acts toward the Noghri and how it changes in Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.

Why did Thrawn have to die, though? Could you explain again, Trej?

If thrawn lived there would not be NJO, at least not a series about jedi.
I know. :twisted: Precisely my point. :twisted: