PFF Relocation

Cain

Select the URL that you will like for PFF!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Select the URL that you will like for PFF!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what i thought. but how can the forums be split into unofficial And Official it makes no sense i vote we just stay here until the release and move to the Petroglyph site as was intended originally then and not move now.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Still say with just pff doesn't say much about the forum and sounds like a rebellion site.

Well how about http://www.petroglyphfanforumsmostlyforempireatwarbutperhapsinthenotsodistantfuturethemainfocusoftheforumswillbeanothergamemadebypetroglyph.com/

Just saying empireatwar isn't to long and is more descriptive.

Guest JediIgor
Would it be overally difficult to host it on both (via mod_rewrite)?

That would get screwy fast. People link to each other's threads, threads get split across one or the other URL. Official URLs being given out as one or the other.. no, I'd just like to have a clear majority (50%>) win one or the other.

As of right now, you have your 50% majority for pff.

Problem is there is also 50% of people that want either swempire and empire (very little difference between the two). To me that splits the vote and they would vote for each other if the other wasn't there.

To me there should be another vote for empireatwar vs pff

Eh? You are in the US, you know how voting works. This should be a done deal. I agree that pff isn't the best name in the world, but it is the lesser of 3 evils.

But swempireatwar and empireatwar are the same thing. Weren't the two petro names combined early?

I don't think the vote is between if we want a swempireatwar vs swempireatwar vs pff. It is between if we want the title to be about EAW or Petro.

What about these suggestions?

http://petroff.swrebellion.com

http://petro-ff.swrebellion.com

http://petroforums.swrebellion.com

I was thinking about offering to host these forums on www.empire-at-war.com because something like petro-ff.empire-at-war.com would be cool.

The only problem I see is you guys in charge here my not agree to to a few conditions. If someone like Cain wants to contact me to discuss this maybe we can arrange something.

What about these suggestions?

http://petroforums.swrebellion.com

I suggested that one but JI said we can't due to legal issues ?! Hmmm - looking at Mike's words from the last email (since Ismael is away):

I’ll speak with Chris and Ted about the forums and see what he thinks. You guys have done and excellent job with them – they can be moved to wherever you guys think is best.

I think we can. Maybe JI can reply and say why we can't use that name, etc.

Maybe is because if we will use it we will be named by the fans as PF by this createing confusions with our future twin the actual PF.

Looking at the URL we have now here - loll - anything else will be better ;)

Edit: Btw Sonic now I've noticed your background :) You are an old and respected member from C&C - so on this gorunds i am giveing you moderator powers in case you may need them. I'm sure that Delphi and the PFF team will agree. I have also edited your rank ;) Your presence here honor's us.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Thanks Cain :)

BTW, give my other suggestion in my previous post some thought if your interested in going in that direction.

Thank you SonicNZ2 but your offer comes a bit too late - 3 moths ago we will have taken it in a sec.

Btw I do remember that before we started these forums we knocked at all the doors of the sites interested in eaw to help and support Ismael's vision. But all refused including Lion who is more close to your team I think. So in the end Mike told Ismael that he can start his own place if he so much desires to help eaw. And Ismael did - I was in contact with him for 5 weeks before he deicded to start PFF so when he asked for help I followed him and kind off left TTO.

All seemed then focused on having beautiful sites and news pages while we were more interested in influencing and helping the EAW development with our primitive means. Then the pff community was born ... and so on.

We also had another big problem. We could not backup our forum do to the host's policy.

So Jedi Igor using his huge intellect ;) managed to find a way to cheat the system and after some programming he did backed it up and offered us a better place for now. Btw thanks JI!

What can I say? - Your offer honors us - and I do hope to have a mutual and benefic cooperation between our forum and your site (we try to do the same with eaw.net, French sites and German ones). The PFF is more like an agora (*Greek term) so we will always be open to help the eaw and petroglyph community.

Thats cool Cain, should plans change you know how to contact me :)

I will do my best to promote these forums on E-A-W.com as much as I can. Especially when the location change happens.

I will do my best to promote these forums on E-A-W.com as much as I can.

If I recall well you are already doing it from long ago in your news :) Thank you. Many sites sometimes cut down Delphi's info locations - you never did that.

As for a date - I suggested 15 Jan this month - two days from now - but I need to reconfirm this with JI. I will be away a bit in this weekend so I want him and the rest of the modertateing team to take care of the move, email members, etc.

Btw Off Topic - I made a triple post in the "CNCNZ Article" - comments area. Can you delete two of them ? Thanks.

Guest JediIgor
If we at PFF want to get our own domain later, we can do that too, just keep in mind guys, it costs $ ;). Until then, we are scheduled for January 15th so be ready folks. At this moment it looks like pff.swr is winning, so unless Cain wants do to a 2nd round of voting (ala most European countries), pff.swr will be the new URL :).