Preview and review released and made by eaw-fr.com

Siddus

Hi everybody ;)

Thanks to our strong links with the Star Wars community in France , I (through eaw-fr.com) succeeded in dealing with right people so as to get a preview version of the game that we gonna have this week. More, we will have the final version of the game before launching to publish our own review of the game.

The problem is I don't think I would be able to translate it in English to publish it on PFF. I don't have infinite time ;) But what we could try is that we choose 2/3 main aspects you want me to test and I would translate these sections for you ;)

So, whats aspects ? ;)

All of this is for your consideration only, thanks ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallaluha! Hallaluha, H..a...l...l...a...l...u...h...a!

Thank you Siddus, now to get a bunch of those nagging questions answered.

Do TIE's spawn without end from Star Destroyers? What about Stormtroopers from AT-ATs?

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

As I have been given my level of access only to access a thread in a protected area of these forums due to its confidential nature, I have not posted anywhere but there until now. As long as no one minds (and of course I do not divulge anything in these restricted areas), I would like to participate in this thread and possibly other threads in these sections where appropriate.

If you guys feel that it would be inappropriate given the special nature of my access, then I would understand. Let me know, thanks.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

If you guys feel that it would be inappropriate given the special nature of my access, then I would understand. Let me know, thanks.

He he he - What can I say ?! - I will let GS decide.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Creature stuff here also. Would like to know how they react in combat besides being scenery :roll:

edit: woops thats my Q&A :shock: Err....No clue.....i'll think on this.

We should give Teradyn a chance to stick around - he didn't left after I purged his topics ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Oh look if day and night would be possible in the game. The day and night always helps or destroys battle plans. The planet has weather so could have day an nights.

Ah, so you should have 100% clearance to divulge to us anything you see in the version you are given? That is cool.

I am sure that a complete unit list, with associated costs and special abilities would be one thing that would be useful.

Also, the current questions going around about what limits there are to the SD spawn tie fighter and the AT-AT spawn stormtrooper abilities are.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well first, I'm still alive ! and I'll comeback soon ! (Normally JI warned Cain that I won't availaible from demo date to the end of this week because I have been having exams ;) ) But Great news, Today I got the preview version ! Yeah guys !  I have a full working version  of the game in my hands ;)

I'm gonna write a big article for eaw-fr but  I won't be able to translate it  because I wont have time to do it.

However I'll translate in English the answers to your questions you put in this thread :)

OMG ... I have the multiplayer menu enabled ... But I have to wait for tomorrow ...  ;D :o

Edited by Siddus

;D Tried to understand the broken english the best I could. Asking appropriate questions.

1) Is there a folder where to add mods ? And/or a option to activate them?

2) Is there a test map of Petroglyph's WW2 test map, Omaha Beach?

Siddus you are one lucky soul  Grin.

Post some screens of never before seen things, pehaps? Dont make me beg... cause I will!  Cheesy

Not going to say he should show us pics, but you know if he just....say....takes a pic of maanan. He could feel free to post it here.

Oh ! I have just been confirmed that I'll have the final version in 2 weeks.

My teammate has tested the preview and he said that it seems Antialiasing looks better, he made Assault on Hoth ... but me not yet :'(