[POLL] Your favorite Star Wars book series!!!!!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

What is your favorite Star Wars Book Series?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars Book Series?

• X-Wing series (Alliston)
    • Timothy Zahn Books (Thrawn Trilogy)
    • Young Jedi Knights series
    • The New Jedi Order series
    • Black Fleet Crisis
    • X-wing series (Stackpole)
    • Jedi Academy series

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Hey everyone heres another POLL from yours truly. I thought this would be an interesting topic to POLL ya'll (you all) on. If you would like me to add more POLL Options for series I have left out tell me and I will add them. Happing um....POLLING!!!!!!! Edited by Admiral_Antilles

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say the X-wing series, because that's the only one I read so far, a lot of action.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Hey, Antilliles, here's a list of the different series after ROTJ:

-X-Wing Series I (Stackpole)
    -X-Wing Series II (Allston)
    -Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire - Zahn)
    -Jedi Academy (Jedi Search - Anderson)
    -Black Fleet Crisis (Before the Storm)
    -Hand of Thrawn Duology (Specter of the Past - Zahn)
    -Young Jedi Knights
    -NJO

I'm sure I missed at least one. And the NJO can probably be broken down. Don't worry about changing the poll on my account, I just wanted the above to be noted.

Books give you cancer, man. Everybody knows that.
GASP! WAIT! :? Why am I not dead yet? :? I think you mean cell phones. :lol: WAIT! :? (again) Why, then, am I not dead yet? :? I even question myself....

There's book about a guy named Thrawn 8O , I thought I was being original! :wink:

The Thrawn books were the first Star Wars book I read so I like them the best.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Definatly the NJO.

Now don't get me wrong I love all Star Wars books but, the NJO books are the best. :D

Well, if you asked for the favourite author, it would be definetely Aaron Allston. I think starfighters of Adumar is best, but Rebel Dream/Rebel Stand are pretty good, too. He just combines humor, characters and story in the right way to make excellent reads.

Could you make the poll more specific?

I would vote for Allstons X-Wing books, but not Stackpoles (or rather, some of them, like Rogue Squadron and Isard's Revenge, the other are very good.).

NJO is very inhomogenous. I liked Star by Star, Stackpole's and Allston's books, but I could not get much from James Luceno. Traitor was different, but an excellent read. The force heretic trilogy is good on story, but not on characters.

And there is the original Han Solo Trilogy, which is unsurpassed in character display.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well, if you asked for the favourite author, it would be definetely Aaron Allston. I think starfighters of Adumar is best, but Rebel Dream/Rebel Stand are pretty good, too. He just combines humor, characters and story in the right way to make excellent reads.

Could you make the poll more specific?

I would vote for Allstons X-Wing books, but not Stackpoles (or rather, some of them, like Rogue Squadron and Isard's Revenge, the other are very good.).

NJO is very inhomogenous. I liked Star by Star, Stackpole's and Allston's books, but I could not get much from James Luceno. Traitor was different, but an excellent read. The force heretic trilogy is good on story, but not on characters.

And there is the original Han Solo Trilogy, which is unsurpassed in character display.

Check it out now! :D

I would have to say that my favorite is the NJO series. It shows that the good guys are not all invincible.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I like NJo very much, but I must admit that I like Zahn books more.

As someone already pointed it out you can't really judge the whole NJO, because of the different authors.

I like Stackpole's XWSeries but I didn't like his NJO contribution that much, nor did I like Luceno or Cunninham. On the other side, SBS and Allston's as well as Traitor and DW were excellent books.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I would have to say that my favorite is the NJO series. It shows that the good guys are not all invincible.
Good point, wormie, but I'm sure that if it hadn't been for the fact that Zahn had to let the good guys win, the Republic and all its heros would had long since been dead. That's only thing I like about the NJO series, the "good guy always has to win" rule doesn't always apply. :twisted: Sadly, now the Imperials happen to be with the "good guys". :( So now I have to go with the "good guys"! :x Damn this!

NJO because they're the most recent, so soon it'll be Cloone Wars. I just like everything, so the new stuff always gets mereally excited!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

NJO because they're the most recent, so soon it'll be Cloone Wars. I just like everything, so the new stuff always gets mereally excited!
Good theory. Most people get excited over the new stuff, not the good stuff. Even so, look at the poll. Zahn and NJO are in the lead and tied. That was predictable. :mrgreen:

I voted for the x-wing series, but I like to read the books in chronological order, to get the full impact of the star wars legend.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.