The whole "balance to the force" thing

igorimp

Reading through the forums, I've got a distinct impression that many people think that the whole Prequel trilogy "Balance to the Force" thing is wrong, as it was Luke who brings balance to the force.

I think this is not true, as "little Ani" did indeed bring balance to the force by sending the Emperor for a flight in RotJ. The thing as I see it is that the force was "off-balance" by the appearance of Palpatine and his rise to power, one which Ani will end up supporting. However, Vader eventually turned against his master, therby putting the "force on-track" (or off-track, if you - like me - think that the dark side is the right side to be on :twisted: ).

What do you think?

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

There is only one EMPEROR'S GRAND PLAN.

By the way, the Emperor's not dead... he's just resting...

I agree that vader/aniken brought balance to the force, but I see it a little differently. I feel that by becoming Vader and destroying the jedi except yoda and a few in hiding that you find out about in the expanded universe

and by he and the Emperor training more in the dark side of the force it evens out the playing field. Thus balancing the force. After all he is the chosen one.-Grand Moff Conway

Nice point. However, I think that Lucas didn't quite see it that way.

Sadly, our little civilization has no respect for pure evil and, unforunately, our puny minds are not yet ready to fully embrace the greatness of Palpatine and his teachings... 8O

And no, I'm not sick; I really think so. :twisted:

I belive Episode III will completly unvail the subject, as it will unvail a lot of other things...

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

Interesting. Have you read the Star Wars tales comic? There's one where Yoda and Mace debate training Anakin. Check it out. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

What the heck does balance mean anyway?

Equal parts 'good' and 'evil'? If so, the good far outweighted the evil before Palpatine came along. Mayby Aniken's part was to build up the evil, then knock it down. It seems that there is a great 'balance' between good and evil Jedi in the New Republic.

Then again, Lucas might just be a lunatic.

Deleted your duplicate post for you mate. :)

Um, i dunno, i think lucas knows what he meant, but he doesn't like revealing his secrets.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Tóuche! Again, the explanation reveals to be far simplier then the complicated problem had it seem. :lol:

But, seriously, the number of good-vs-evil Jedi seems much more even then in the times of the Old Republic... which kind-of reminds me of destructive construction - destroy to build... that sort of thing.

If this is true, then we might be looking at a Jedi massacre in Episode III... Something I wouldn't mind at all... :twisted:

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

Tóuche! Again, the explanation reveals to be far simplier then the complicated problem had it seem. :lol:

But, seriously, the number of good-vs-evil Jedi seems much more even then in the times of the Old Republic... which kind-of reminds me of destructive construction - destroy to build... that sort of thing.

If this is true, then we might be looking at a Jedi massacre in Episode III... Something I wouldn't mind at all... :twisted:

Oh, there will be a masacre! The metaclorians (sp) will be flying all over the place. I expect to see Obi Wan, Anikan (Now Darth), and Yoda left standing. Maybe a few others.

Deleted your duplicate post for you mate. :)

Um, i dunno, i think lucas knows what he meant, but he doesn't like revealing his secrets.

Hurray!!! Emperor ElvisMiggell's first piece of moderating!!

Woo Woo Yey!!!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDcAk8Vtfg5MiIBXFLZVSqkrJjkCPE*PmNnIpIii2U6VavbkltOs57CQ15WjfPXDV!N*xPk7XqGdjZwQpr*TMUD!CCy4XtTj8WQfmMEozs/discocity.gif?dc=4675420638201143440

...err...here, everyone have some cyber-cake, have a cyber-party hat...

mutter...gibber...mumble...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Ha!

His ability to moderate is insignificant next to the power of the force.

Gee, I hope good, old Palpy will finally get to wack someone in Ep. 3. I think, it would be a shame to see the Emperor being the only Jedi-capable guy in the entire galaxy who hasn't killed anyone (well, it WOULD at least be very ironic, as he ordered extermination of millions... :twisted: )

Note: I think I'm losing my konkers. I'm using far too many twisted icons in my posts; guess I have no other emotion... LOL! :lol:

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

Guest Scathane
Interesting. Have you read the Star Wars tales comic? There's one where Yoda and Mace debate training Anakin. Check it out. :)
Where can I find it?

What the heck does balance mean anyway?
Good point... When the remark is made in EpI, we don't really know what's meant by it, now do we?

There will never be balance in the force, becuse the galaxy is so big that nobody could ever explore all of it, and the dark side or light side could be hiding anywhere.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Scathane
There will never be balance in the force, becuse the galaxy is so big that nobody could ever explore all of it, and the dark side or light side could be hiding anywhere.
That's a rather odd way of seeing things... :? Firstly, I don't see how the force is connected to a somebody exploring all of the universe... Secondly, the Light Side is everywhere and the Dark Side is hiding everywhere...

Guest Scathane

p1911

That's a rather odd way of seeing things... :? Firstly, I don't see how the force is connected to a somebody exploring all of the universe... Secondly, the Light Side is everywhere and the Dark Side is hiding everywhere...

There will never be balance in the force because one side will always win over the other.

Guest Scathane
There will never be balance in the force because one side will always win over the other.
There are two possibilities:

1. The interchange of victory between the Dark and the Light Side is the balance when you look at it on a larger scale.
    2. The Light Side's victory is the balance that the Jedi Council was referring to.

I think Lucas sees "Balance" as peace - it's true that one side wins over other... if there is a battle... If there is peace, their can be no winners.

However, Lucas probbably wasn't refering to the post-RotJ events as the novels and comics show anything BUT peace in the future.

So, at the end - when you draw the line - balance is just what it is: BALANCE. :roll:

There is only one life;

There is only one truth;

Ah, so perceptive Imp. :)

No its not, somebody will always have the upper hand no matter how small, and that will tilt the balance.

Guest Scathane
... If there is peace, their can be no winners.
Why not?

However, Lucas probbably wasn't refering to the post-RotJ events as the novels and comics show anything BUT peace in the future.
I think you are confusing two things here: where is it written that Balance to the Force is equivalent to peace?

So, at the end - when you draw the line - balance is just what it is: BALANCE. :roll:
... which explains.... absolutely nothing!