Should we give Dude22 a new chance?

dude21

Should we give Dude22 a new chance?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we give Dude22 a new chance?

• Yes he is punished enough for now.
    • No he disturbs our site too much.

Guest Scathane
What Scathane says. Cookies can also be used to determine browsing patterns, so I suppose that is a form of privacy invasion. I realize that they can't be used to access any information on my hard drive. My main concern with cookies is that they are used by corporations to try and track our behaviour on the Web. I only allow cookies from trusted sites, like this one! For example, my SWR cookie ensures that I don't have to log on every time.
I was only joking with inserting your name everywhere, glandry. Of course you're right with your comment. :D

BTW Wormie, I was not critiziting you in anyway, it was just an observation that I thought it odd that KFC would even have cookies...
I'm not... I expect that every multinational consumer company wants to know about you surfing behaviour...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cookie is a very small text file that is put on your hard drive by some Web pages to be used by other Web pages.

Since the release of Netscape Navigator 2.0, cookies have been used by many Web page designers as a convenient means of letting one Web page retrieve specific information about what you, the user, did on a previous Web page, or which page you came from. Sometimes cookies are used to communicate password and login information from page to page, or to fill a "shopping basket", so that one page can collect information about what you decided to buy on previous pages.

Cookies are sometimes used by advertisers to keep track of which Web site it was on which you clicked their ad (some advertisers place the same advertisement on many Web sites). The SWR Web site does use advertisement banners on some of its pages, and these ad banners do not 'set a cookie', although sometimes if you click an ad banner and visit the advertiser's Web page, that Web page will set a cookie.

So, I can hear you ask Can cookies compromise your privacy?

Not really. Although some people (like glandry) don't like having anything added to their hard drive without their consent, and others (like glandry) worry about invasion of privacy, cookies are extremely limited in what they can do. Cookies can not (no matter what glandry thinks) scan your hard drive for information. Cookies are just simple, small text files that sit on your hard drive. Any personal information stored in a cookie is limited to whatever you volunteer, such as when you fill out a form on a Web page, to request information or buy something online.

History of the Cookie by Scathane....

A historical voyage through the evolution of the cookie, a true story that will redefine your thoughts when surfing the web....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

A cookie is a very small text file that is put on your hard drive by some Web pages to be used by other Web pages.

Since the release of Netscape Navigator 2.0, cookies have been used by many Web page designers as a convenient means of letting one Web page retrieve specific information about what you, the user, did on a previous Web page, or which page you came from. Sometimes cookies are used to communicate password and login information from page to page, or to fill a "shopping basket", so that one page can collect information about what you decided to buy on previous pages.

Cookies are sometimes used by advertisers to keep track of which Web site it was on which you clicked their ad (some advertisers place the same advertisement on many Web sites). The SWR Web site does use advertisement banners on some of its pages, and these ad banners do not 'set a cookie', although sometimes if you click an ad banner and visit the advertiser's Web page, that Web page will set a cookie.

So, I can hear you ask Can cookies compromise your privacy?

Not really. Although some people (like glandry) don't like having anything added to their hard drive without their consent, and others (like glandry) worry about invasion of privacy, cookies are extremely limited in what they can do. Cookies can not (no matter what glandry thinks) scan your hard drive for information. Cookies are just simple, small text files that sit on your hard drive. Any personal information stored in a cookie is limited to whatever you volunteer, such as when you fill out a form on a Web page, to request information or buy something online.

It seems that somebody has evolved from AK to full BEAK.... The BEAK Imperium grows! :twisted:

Hmmm, methinks I'll be deleting this topic soon, methinks it's run it's course. Though i might just lock it. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane
Hmmm, methinks I'll be deleting this topic soon, methinks it's run it's course. Though i might just lock it. :)
Go ahead...

OKay, i'll lock it for the time being and if nobody complains then i'll delete it sometime. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away