Why is Star Wars so popular?

Bill

Why is this movie so popular? There are so many intelligent people out there, give me some answers to this question.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

first of all great question,

I think "Star Wars" is so popular because it relates to many things like:

1) Good against Evil, Many movies have "Good and Bad guys but, Star Wars really stands out because of how it was filmed, what I mean by that is it was so greatly done, the film was well "Perfect", especially for its time. Late 70's, Early 80's.

2) The Space Battles of that magnitude, Especially ROTJ, were unheard of. the moment of sitting there watching the battle for the 2nd Death Star was well "Perfect" as said above.

3) Its called "Star Wars" that alone must tingle your bone. Just think, Hmmm..... Star Wars....Sounds Cool, lets go see it!

After talking about I have to go watch it! :D

Hope that helps you out bill. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
well, a said above it was a great performance for that time and the story rocks of course. I think the costumes did a great job too, because the outfits are the coolest I've ever seen. And of course the presence of the Force. Everybody dreams about how it would be if you could levitate objects or read minds so I think that's a good reason

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

It's the ultimate escape. :)

A whole galaxy, with diversity, good evil, alien races, starships, lightsabers, the force, jedi, sith, tie fighters, e wings, death stars. How can you not love it!!! :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The fight of good and evil on a different scale, in space. From the story SW is more like a medieval epic story, with princesses, knights, a dark knight. It's a futuristic mythos.

It's an escape, as Emperor of the Force Elvis put it, a new universe without our boundaries.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif