Just checking in

Honestly, I don't think he'd mind. In any case, there's no way to contact him to ask and he's probably forgotten all about it. If any one wan't to attempt to make changes, I say go for it!

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Not that I can do it or anything but, for the brave soul that does attempt it what does everyone want it to add/delete?

Guest Scathane

p1909

Sounds like a good idea, but as the Admiral said what to add?
Well, if nothing on the edit side, then we could always update the graphics on the interface... However, I believe there have been some wishes and desires around in these forums...

Well, for starters, could RedEd be made into the all-editing program for Rebellion. For example, make it so you can edit the biographies of the different characters to as long as you want it so you can add up-to-date information. Also, possibly, fuse Resource Hacker with RedEd to make editing the game with cards and so forth easier on the less knowledgable gamers. But I wonder, would that even be possible?

If there were anyone who could make changes to RebEd I think Igor would be it. When las I spoke with him, oh so long ago, he was rather knowledgable in programming. And unless someone else here could do it, and if so PLEASE speak up, we may have to attempt to trake down Rev.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

If there were anyone who could make changes to RebEd I think Igor would be it. When las I spoke with him, oh so long ago, he was rather knowledgable in programming. And unless someone else here could do it, and if so PLEASE speak up, we may have to attempt to trake down Rev.
Should we call together bounty hunters from around the globe? :wink:

Guest Scathane
Well, for starters, could RedEd be made into the all-editing program for Rebellion. For example, make it so you can edit the biographies of the different characters to as long as you want it so you can add up-to-date information. Also, possibly, fuse Resource Hacker with RedEd to make editing the game with cards and so forth easier on the less knowledgable gamers. But I wonder, would that even be possible?
Good point SOCL! Er.., points, actually!

I believe dude21 is knowledgeable in programming...

What should we change to RebEd???

The DLL Editor of RebEd is the only thing that needs to be updated, because that what we use Resource Hacker for. In RebEd 0.26 the DLL editor can only replace Images, and sounds, to enable it to replace strings and models as well as textures would do.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
What should we change to RebEd???

The DLL Editor of RebEd is the only thing that needs to be updated, because that what we use Resource Hacker for. In RebEd 0.26 the DLL editor can only replace Images, and sounds, to enable it to replace strings and models as well as textures would do.

Did you read SOCL's suggestion at all?

Yeh, it's a pity RebEd kinda died, be interesting to see whether some of our guys could revive it. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yeh, it's a pity RebEd kinda died, be interesting to see whether some of our guys could revive it. :)
I just started using it relatively recently and I also believe that many improvements could be made...I just wish I could do it. Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...