Just checking in

Well now, it's been quite a while since I've been here. I was in the neighbourhood and thought I'd see what has been happening here. I was excited by the news (to me that is) that the models can be changed! My Rebellion playing has been rejuvinated! :o Some of you have no idea who I am, probably because so few of you were here when I was. Things just got so hectic :cry: . Well I'll be here for the rest of the week at least, I'm buisy. After that I'm hoping I'll find time to become a regular again. Most of you probably don't care if I'm here or not but I'd like to chat it up with some of the oldies :) .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Scathane
True: I don't know who you are but it seems that you're familiair around here... Since that has roused my curiosity, you would perhaps like to tell us some more as to who you are, etc. :D

Certainly. Way back, back when RebEd was in version 0.2 or so, I stumbled uppon Rev's site. After discovering how simple it was to create RebEd cards, I proceeded to make around thirty in rappid succession. They weren't the most wonderful pieces of artwork but they were decent. I was here when the Card Clan (I believe that it what it was known as) was formed and later when it changed to swrebellion.com. I was a regular up until the forums changed from an EZee (sp?) boards to the current format, or one similar. Any one who's curiouse about my previouse works, I think they can still be found in the card collections (author Grand Admral Thrawn). Those were good times (not that they are not currently). JediIgor and I would post messages and practically have a real conversation, usually with about thirty or so seconds between posts :D . Sadly I started loosing time as school picked up... It is umfortunate that even those who were new back then are no longer here. I also just noticed (while looking at the last seen section) that there is a GrandAdmiralThrawn. Didn't meen to take you name :) .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I used some of the cards you made. I remember the old forums, although I never posted in them.

Some of the oldies, do make some appearances eventually. I do remeber the different card pages.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Well some of them are still here - Evaders, JediIgor, Stratus, Nemesis. Others, who's name I would remember if I saw it but can't off the top of my head, probably left some time ago. :(

Evaders, JediIgor, Stratus, Nemesis.
I only recognize Evaders and JediIgor. Stratus I recognize because I sent him an e-mail when I first joined and I NEVER got a reply. No clue who Nemesis is...wait, he's admin/staff. It's kind of sad when the admin/staff isn't around enough for the members to even know who they are. :?

Tell me, Grand_Admiral_Thrawn... Have you ever talked to the mysterious Revolution himself?

Who or what is Revolution?

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Without Rev this site would not exist at all. Rev is the creator of RebEd. I have spoken to him. It, too, was long ago, back when I was just creating my first cards. He's been absent from the community for almost three or more years now. :(

What happened to him.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Well, he was doing all of his work from his dorm at university. He just got so swamped that he lost touch.

It's revealing that a game lucasarts abandoned has been kept alive by this site and the excellent efforts of folks with their models and programes, and drawing 'oldies' back, like your self, Thrawn. There can't be that many PC games that have enjoyed such a prelonged spell of life hay!

Woo Yay to our community!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCvBL8WKmN9lNrLsm0LnqfNoTSH4wcE5oxJi6vhA5d3KMMcD0!qOHI7BVLqNSGAKTBpMNmL7JbwkKZuehSfUBqsjXegFCPTB5!pbvI0JqYSsir7kTkwdA/Magic-thumb-up.gif?dc=4675420638220677588

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

That's quite true. Not even Jedi Knight lasted this long... unless you include the archaic clans that, I think, are still around.

Guest Scathane
Well, he was doing all of his work from his dorm at university. He just got so swamped that he lost touch.
Would you be able to contact him?

@ SOCL: I WAS a member, just lost interest

@Scathane: We've tried over the years to make contact with him again to no avail. We wanted to make some changes to RebEd.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I am a NooB to these forums so I don't remember you but, Glad to meet a..um....."Oldie" :wink:

There were rumors of a v0.27 but nothing ever materialized. There were also some programmers in the community that were going to make one but that, too, lead to nothing.

Guest Scathane
There were rumors of a v0.27 but nothing ever materialized. There were also some programmers in the community that were going to make one but that, too, lead to nothing.
So, as far as you know, there isn't such a thing?

By the way... How do you think a guy like Rev would react if fans today were to update RebEd to version 0.27 (althoug it really should be called RebEd 1.0)?