I beat all of You all!!!!!!

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Guest Admiral_Antilles

I had a game were I played as the empire on Standard Galaxy and Easy Difficullty it lasted me 16,458 days!!!!! I took control of every planet and made the population love me; The last one I did it to was the rebel HQ with:

Luke

Mom Mothma

Leia

Han

It was the last stinkin planet!

Can any of you all beat that?

I still don't have Rebed, I don't have the internet at home (yet) so I stuck with the original :cry:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

At the oh so fun place that I like to call work.

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I imagine that the telephonic impulses at high speed would melt the igloo.... But I'll bet that the Gamorreans have some other way to communicate with him.

Quite a game, Admiral. I imagine that all your planets had been colonized and all energy resources used. How many fleets did you build during that time?

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
15 Fleets with at least 10 ships in each! I think all but 4 had there energy resources used up. And all were colonized. It was a greta and L...O...N....G Game. ^_^

How many natural dissasters in such a long game?

With REbEd you can make the games last longer, but I prefer games that I can finish in one single Reb session, I seldomly use savegames...

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I lost count after 300! You finish games in one sitting? *Stands Up* Claps* You da man! How long do your games take?

No RebED for me. Guess I'm a traditionalist. The way I see it Rebellion is the best strategy game ever and if it isn't broke don't fix it. Altho I too wish the AI was more difficult to beat
Play For Fun.....Play To Win.....But Most Of All Play With Honor

Guest Scathane
No RebED for me. Guess I'm a traditionalist. The way I see it Rebellion is the best strategy game ever and if it isn't broke don't fix it. Altho I too wish the AI was more difficult to beat
Why do you think we use RebEd???!!! :?

That usually some of the thigns you get done within the first 300~500 days.

My games last about 2500~5000 days so some 3~6 hours.

I operate systematically and with luck i usually catch the important rebel leaders.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Thats pretty good, Trejiuvanat. I think "Empire Games" last longer than Rebel games for two reasons:

1) Whe your the Empire it takes awhile to find the rebel HQ, in Rebel games however you already know where Coruscant is and with some luck at least the Emperor or Vader (Possibly both if you are really lucky) are there.

2) Luke and Mom Mothma are usually Spread out more than Vader and the Emperor.

These are just my thoughts on the game, however I MAY BE WRONG....

Thats right my shortest game (no HQ vic) was with the rebels for 220 days

I taked coruscant early with the emperor and found luckiely Vader quick :D

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

• 2 weeks later...
I'm new to this forum but I've been playing Rebellion since it came out. I play on hardest level, biggest galaxy. I almost always play as the rebels b/c I like their starfighters way better and the Dauntless as well. I used Rebed to enable all ships to be available at the start of the game and then I set the maintenence level for all Imperial ships to 1 wrench or whatever its called. I also made every system inhabited although I am thinking of changing this back. A few games after beating the hell out of the computer like this, I went into Reb Ed again. I drastically altered the carrying capacity of all Imperial ships. I have the ISD carrying 30 fighters and I have the SSD carrying about 99. I even let the little troop galleon carry 10 and that thing has no weapons! I have enjoyed many, many hours and days of playing and I guess it takes me about a week to beat the game like this. I have faced a few AI Death Stars but not too many. The game I am playing right now, I started the game and moved all personnel off Yavin, set the game to super fast and sat there. I spotted the AI 125 days and then started playing. At first, I was doing ok, I own most of the Northeast end of the galaxy but yesterday, the Empire struck back. They hit with a fleet that covered the entire tactical screen of star destroyers. I usually play with about 4 fleets with about 50-60 fighters and this Imperial fleet of 265 fighters and 6 SSDs as well wiped out 1 of my fleets and decimated 2 others. I live for this though, it makes the game so much more fun. I quickly built up the other fleets and am currently hunting this monster fleet which mostly just jumps system to system. I survive at the start of these types of games by ALWAYS keeping my fleets moving and picking at Imperial starfighters. I don't need to win any battles at first, just keep hurting their fighter capacity. I always have to take/own all 200 planets to find Vader & Palpatine. They're very elusive, especially Vader. The funny thing about this game though, is that I NEVER could figure out how to use a decoy on the sabotage missions and I never even bothered with the jedi junk. The instruction manual makes so much out of these things and I never bother with either.

Thanks Glandry, I'll do that. :D