Rebellion Resurrected - Time period

Guest JediIgor

What time period should the Rebellion Resurrected TC be in?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What time period should the Rebellion Resurrected TC be in?

• ~7 ABY (X-Wing Series)
    • ~9 ABY (Thrawn Trilogy)
    • ~19 ABY (Hand of Thrawn Duology)

Guest JediIgor

Please vote for the time period of the upcoming TC, Rebellion Resurrected here. Also if you have any more suggestions, please post them, and maybe the time period will get added to the poll. :)

Now, I know that NJO was also suggested, but keep in mind that we don't have very many pictures (or models) that we could use for the TC (Unless we find someone who is willing to model everything).

Edited by JediIgor

Note : Last X-wing books are at the same time as the Trawn trilogy, so we can use their characters in a Thrawn timeframe...

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

Guest JediIgor

That's right, but note the little ~7 ABY ? ;)

I only put the books' names in there so that people would know what kind of time period I am talking about.

On the other hand, listen to Venix, he's right, we can use all the characters in the books, as long as they have been (a) born and (b) not killed in a previous book.

Well, if it's going to be pre-NJO, then we would still have Madine :)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

If the game is as flexible as i've been given to understand we should be able to make cards for all the pertinant ships, troops, characters etc from each period. We could put them all together in a single download along with some sort of readme. This would mean that you could download a 'set' for the Xwing Series, or Thrawn, or Spector, or any other time period. I would suggest that the game starts with Thrawn but that the others are made available as soon as possible as well.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor

That's true.. but I'm also planning to have as many new models as possible.. we can have people download them, make them, or convert them from XWA..!

I am not sure about the ships, but I'm assuming they would be a little different between the Thrawn and the Hand of Thrawn series. (it's 10 years after all).. as for the X-wing series; some of the books are at the end of the Thrawn series, which is why I don't really see if we should make a separate series for that.

Anyways, the votes will soon tell... all 8 of them.. :oops:

Yes, but separate mods could increase playability. If you have it all as one there's only one series that you can do. If you do Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn separately it increases the potential variation in ships. Slight changes in ship classes and capabilities would make the game more interesting, so that in Hand of Thrawn the Xwings have been upgraded to move faster and have a little more punch for example. Alternatively you could have things like class upgrades as part of the research trees.

And yes, we do need more votes. Put something in the news, so that everyone who comes onto the homepage sees what we're asking.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Just a slight note : XWA models are hardly an improvement to the Rebellion ones :P If we're changing, i say we change em right. ( thinking 100K poly ones ) :)

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

Guest JediIgor

Please tell me the number of polies of a capital ship (say an ISD) in Rebellion, then tell me the number of polies of a cap ship (say an ISD) in XWA.

After you list the numbers, you should see a comprable difference. :)

Not that I have anything against 10,000k poly-models, I don't think the Rebellion engine can handle it. Not to mention that most people's video accelerator cards wouldn't take it. (and the force would truly be with us if we even got 1 fps out of that... :P)

• SWR Staff - Executive
I hate the NJO series, stupid series. Old George even considered recalling them from the "official titles". They were/are stupid. Yes, I read them. Most of them.

Guest JediIgor
"Old George" is a looney. Not only did he make it look like Lemelisk didn't design the Death Star, he also made it look like Beru & Obi-Wan never knew each other until they met on Tatooine in EII (the problem is simple.. they're brothers).

Err, Owen-ObiWan :roll:

I've been converting some XWA models in the past time (many still beta, I'll tell you, when they're finished) and they look definately better, than the original ones. With textures, instead of coloration they'd be perfect. Igor's right about the engine: I've played some big battles with some of the new models in it, like 4-5 Mc80bs, Nebulanb2s, ... and the game was really getting slower on my Athlon 1,3Ghz. While this is not a state-of-the-art-pc, it's not a lame one on the other side. So imagine, what it would be like with about 50 vessels for both sides...

There are continuity problems. But isn't Lucas' conspiracy by Palpatine brilliant? The way he manipulates both sides to get involved in the clone wars is nothing short of literary genius. The problem with the NJO series is that it's the longest we've ever had. We're used to single books and trilogies. Now that we've got about 10 books in the series it does get harder to keep track of everything that's taken place. Still, i like NJO.

Anybody remember Crystal Star where Jacen manipulates molecules to make a glow or freeze the water? Vergere manipulates molecules and we're told that she's amazingly skilled and hardly any Jedi can do this. Jacen is impressed, has he forgotten his childhood exploits i wonder?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I tried to forget the crystal star, maybe Jacen did it too :lol:

Hehehe...the Courtship of Princess Leia...now THAT was a stinker! :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yeah, apart from Luke doing te whole power of the force thing and sorta coming back to life etc...

Guest JediIgor
The book that I REALLY thought was boring was probably Children of the Jedi... made no sense whatsoever, something about gamorreans and some bigass ship.. ?

I kinda liked it, and it's about time Callista made a reappearance.

A...Hutt...Jedi.......riiiiiiight.

That's like a two foot tall green Jedi with big ears. Oh, wait...

:lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yeah that's right. Then she went to travel the galaxy to see if she could regain her contact with the light side of the force. I want to know what happened to her. Did she succeed?