How do you control it?

I just bought the game and I use a joystick to control the action, and its all over the place. Somebody help me out, please?
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Um, haven't tried using a joystick, though I would imagine that mouse and keyboard would be an awful lot easier. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I don't know if it helps you, but I move around with the mouse and keyboard as well. Walking's on my second mouse button and shooting on the first. Strafing and the other movement keys are on the cursor keys with my left hand and the more important things like changing force powers, jumping and secondary fire are all close around to the cursor keys. This way I won't have to leave the controls for most of time and it's a lot easier to play IMHO.

I've always played 3D shooters with the mouse-keyboard combo and I've sorta got used to the layout above.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

The standard with W A S D is realy good, At the start of gaming shooters I played also arrow keys and I just tryed it one time and the W A S D is much more usfuller, because there are more keys around like:

change weapons, reload :arrow: R, use :arrow: E, Force keys

:arrow: X Y F V, crouch :arrow: C and many more :wink:

I recommend it to all, try it and u will never go back to the old keys and spare many time with configurating buttons.

(maybe some buttons needs a change :roll: )

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

I can't use WASD, it annoys me. I'm a die hard cursor fan. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I did try it a couple of times, but it stinks for me. Just can't get used to it. :(

Exactly. You may find some weird convoluted keyboard config easy ( :? ) But I don't! :P:lol: To each his own. :)