Time to sleep. WHUAH! .....Shut up R2!

Lord_La_forge

Is our buddy, La forge getting crazy?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is our buddy, La forge getting crazy?

• Sure! We always knew it's gonna happen...
    • No! He's just as normal as I am. Right R2?

:arrow: Just another "game experience". This happened to me several times..

I used to play Rebellion for more than 8 hours without any longer breaks. About during the 7th hour, I recognised that my hands are cold, my eyes wanted to close, and my playing beginned to get automatic. You know, you're just sitting there, and playing, and playing, and playing, without any contact to the real world :wink:

Anyway. As I shut down the computer, and made few unsecure, wobbly steps towards my bed, I already felt something was wrong..

I tried to get some sleep, but.. those sounds and flashes! They won't let me go!! The horror! Rebellions music is still playing in my head! The messages just don't want to stop coming. R2 whistles "beep..bep..wheeep.. bepbep..." Stop! NO! And it won't end!!

I'm not asleep yet, but not awake anymore. I click on Pause. NO! I don't have to click that! I'm not playing the game anymore. Just stop thinking on it. Those voices! :x They are still bombarding me! I must quickly build Gencores.. Argh! Hell no! This isn't real happening. And R2 still whistles and whistles and whistles... Cut that out! Stop it! I really had enough for now! All those STD suddelny turning to attack my flagship. Red and green flashes bouncing between my to ears! SPLASH! Getting some refreshment in the toilet. But it only helped for a few minutes. SHUT UP R2!! But then I finally felt asleep. You can think, what all my dreams were about that night... Getting up in the morning ... Sun is shining through the window... Birds singing on our cherry-tree... Taking a big breath...Ah what a nice day for Rebellion :twisted::twisted::twisted::roll:8O

But I'm fine now. :roll: I'm really normal. Really!! :evil::twisted:8O:oops:

:arrow: Anyone had atleast a bit similar experience :?::wink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure got the same experience... it always come after my 12-13 hours of Rëbellion... then my mom comes and tells me that I should go to bed.. but I can't gotta play, gotta CRUSH those infediels, those... Imperial SCUM! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

you two are insane...

I haven't had such experiences at least not in that level, but i have gone to bed after a game of Reb and wound up thinking and rethinking my overall strategy and the sounds... those damned sounds. and mothma's voice...

Stop them!!! MAke them stop!!! Please!!! Aaaah I can't stand it anymore!!!Aaaaaaaaaaargh....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I can't say that that has ever happened to me, but........ I do often have dreams about SW after reading some of the books. One dream that I had, after reading the Jedi Acadamy Trilogy, was that I was Gantoris and I was fighting Luke on Yavin 4, complete with a purple lightsaber. Very gruelling match, unfortunatly I woke up before I could defeat him :( . Oh well, I could always read them again and try to pick up where I have left of I guess.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I used to play the Xwing series too (especially the original one). I'm not playing with that games anymore, but I'm still having dreams where I'm in a role of a starfighter pilot.. Usually we battle HUGE Fleets with an enormous count of fighters and capital ships. I enjoy those dreams very much :)

I've just been at the pub, so if I seem a bit jangled, you know why! Before I met my girlfriend I used to share a flat with a dude in a flat; back in the days before I had discovered a PC. Brice used to tell me about how much fun he had with Doom on Lan on PCs. Then he told me you could link two playstations...

...two moments later, with determined swishes of my credit card, I purchaced a TV, playstation, link cabel, and additional copies of Doom and Final Doom.

Need I say, we both compromised our jobs; but I have never had so much fun! Sleep? Sod it! We spent evenings that drifted into the nights equiped with only pizza, bottles of softdrink, and cans of lager...

Dreams...? Sure they were blurred....

All my teddy bears armed to the teeth rampaging around my bed....

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I know the experience you have gone through, LaForge, I go through it every time after my 23 hours of Rebellion, but with an Imperial twist to it. In my dreams of Rebellion I end up killing my two droid assistants, but they come back and order sanctioning and have me forced to sit aboard the bridge and watch the galaxy fall apart.

After and while reading the Thrawn series, I would dream of being a Star Destroyer captain under the command of the Grand Admiral. I remember those great dreams of fighting Rebels in ship-to-ship combat . . . but then came the Battle of Bilbringi. Standing aboard the bridge when the order to retreat came in from Pellaeon. As we tried to retreat to the jump-point, the Star Destroyer was crippled and we were forced to crash-land in an enourmous hangar and go out and fight hand-to-hand against the Rebels. In the end, we were captured and executed (I awoke before the order to "fire" was issued to the firing squad). I the fact that Imperials tend to lose. :x

:o:o:o:o8O8O8O8O 23 HOURS??

Who did you manage that? That's...that's... that's incredible!

That's a nice dream. Yet couldend up bether... :wink:

Those nasty rebels :evil::x Typical, they can only defeat you in your dreams :roll::wink:

:o:o:o:o8O8O8O8O 23 HOURS??

Who did you manage that?

A LOT of espressos, A LOT of Surge, and A LOT of Jolt, along with System Of A Down blaring nearby, trying to drown out the beep-boop-beepbeep.

Typical, they can only defeat you in your dreams :roll::wink:
Indeed. They defeat me in MY dream!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm ... I can't say the same about my dreams, at the age of 5 or 6 I sometimes had to stop playing such classics as "International Karate" or "The way of the exploding fist" on my C-64, because my wrist hurt so much and I could barely move my fingers at all. 8)

Today after .... (insert number) years later that doesn't happen to me anymore. With enough Coke I can play like that bunny from the Duracel ad, I can go on and on and ... :roll::lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

He means in their dreams SOCL, he want to admire u and u are sooo coool, ain't u?:?:x

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

He means in their dreams SOCL, he want to admire u and u are sooo coool, ain't u?:?:x

The point to what I wrote was not meant in a specific sense for myself. I used myself as an example for an over-all point that some how the enemy defeats you and in your own dreams. Kind of like if someone beat you in soccer or rugby on your home field. It would kind of piss you off.

Chill.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I thought I was in an X-Wing once as I was asleep, Took a right (In the dream) and fell straight off the bed! :x:x

I never think in my dreams Iam in Star wars ...be quiet C3PO...and I think everyone with SW dreams must go to a psychiatrist ...R2 repair my X-Wing quick the empire attacks...
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

well, I was sleeping over at my uncle and aunt so me and my cousin thought it would be nice to play rebellion over the network. hell, we started at 5 pm and we stopped when his mother came and asked us if we have slept well. slept well? yes it was one o'clock in the afternoon. we have played it for almost 20 hours... wel to be honest I was pretty in a galaxy far far away. I took me two days to get my normal life back.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

20 Hours! Not bad. Back to normal life? Why do you think, this is the real life? Perhaps, you're just sleeping, and Lord Vader is waiting for you on Drall to get new instructions :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::twisted:

The longest game I ever played straight was 18 hours, with lots of coffee! 8O8O8O
What kind of coffee? I prefer Jolt, that keeps me up better, but coffee (cold chiller cookies and cream mocha lattes) is a great choice as well, especially since there's a 24 hour coffee shop right outside the post (post=lingo for Army base).