Anyone feel like things have gotten a bit listless here?

Teradyn_pff

I feel that we have reached a point at which we need some genuine, full blown, real hard data on EAW to continue. I think that alot of people were expecting more than a new trailer (with some old scenes by the way) on November 1st.

We haven't received the answers to the questions we sent in. The chat didn't happen at all and got moved back. Delphi has been answering some questions, but those answeres usually just bring up more questions. Anyone else feeling all this? Alot of games would be showing off their upcoming units by now, but we had to find out from a dev on a message board about the timeline of the game!

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Yeah, you are right, I mean, we're always talking the same things,(Now that we haven't get new info), if we dont get new info, things will go very boring here :?

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

Yep I agree, they aren't doing a very good job of getting info out about the game. Like you said we got most are info about this game from Delphi, the casual person following this game still thinks the timeline goes to ROTJ, because that is the directions the previews take us.

The latest preview of the game was info we already knew from the beginning and the actual new info in it was false.

We have 3 months left to go you would think they would start hyping it up more since BF 2 has already been released.

Is there going to be a new press release anytime soon??

As Nevets said there are loads of people who are not sure on the changes that have been made since the initial releases.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Well if we only got a beta for a selected few then we can keep things going but delete the crying peoples posts and also warn people not to post about getting a beta. Better yet keep it private and only a selected person gets to post a screenshot once a week out of the selected view every week? That should keep the hype up. You wouldn't know if we had it or not since its easy too pull a leg 8)

Well if we only got a beta for a selected few then we can keep things going but delete the crying peoples posts and also warn people not to post about getting a beta. Better yet keep it private and only a selected person gets to post a screenshot once a week out of the selected view every week? That should keep the hype up. You wouldn't know if we had it or not since its easy too pull a leg 8)

A simple Friday Feature would probably be easier. All they would need to do is every friday have something about a certain feature in game, or post some screenshots, or maybe once in awhile a movie.

Well it still says "Moved" so he can still check :) Btw whats the point of having "the bar" if nobody uses it ? :P

the bar is kind of a general forum for anything there isn't already a forum for. there is a gaming forums so the bar shouldn't have gaming threads, there is a star wars forum so there shouldn't be star wars threads in the bar, and there is a EAW forums so EAW threads shouldn't be in the bar. If I go into the bar I usually am not looking for a thread on EAW, I would be more inclined to look for threads on politics, music, TV...things like that.

Edit: infact the discription for the forum itself says "to talk about anything unrelated to the game" :lol:

....and about the General Storyline for the Game and History around that era, it seems to be a Blackspot where lots of sources get muddled up.

I would love for a History book to be written just about the Star Wars timeline. I mean there are some but they always miss something out by accident.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I blame Lucasarts for this, any no one else. It's Lucas and his subordinates who control what is kept secret and what is released, considering that it's their franchise.

What (if any) business sense there is in their style of secrecy, however, continues to elude me...

In fact I don't want that many new infos. In the past I was always disappointed if I bought a game I wanted to know everything about before it was released. Happened to me with C&C Tiberian Sun and other strategy titles... I knew every unit, every type of map and so on before they brought it to the stores.. and in the end everything I was excited about turned out to be not that great at all. You know what I'm talking about? If a game gets overhyped you lose the sense for the real inovations. The thing that realy excites me is the possibility to create my own galactic civil war in the star wars universe and as long as the star wars feeling is in I will never be disapointed by any of the features... (if there aren't any major graphics or gameplay issues)

General discussion has become kind of stagnant....a trailer that is only about 50% new and is just eye-candy is not acceptable. We must march on LEC and demand our info! VIVA LA PFF!

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Mehh, I like to know what I'm getting into. I don't want my hard-earned money being wasted on a piece of crap - I'll accept losing some of the surprise in exchange for knowing that the game I'm going to buy is actually worthwhile.

Thats the point where I trust my favored computer games magazine.. yeah I know, they aren't always right with their reviews and there are many games that got good marks because of their GFX which are actually sh*t and others which have a good gameplay but only average graphics get only like 3,5 out of 5 stars or below 80%, but mostly the reviews are good enough to tell if the game realy includes the features and units you would like or if everything turns out to be very disapointing... you just don't have to listen to the things they say about graphics, sound or other things that just touch the surface of the game and have nothing to do with the star wars feeling or the games playability (and even more could be judged about very differently , depending on the point of view and the taste of the gamer) It is good to know what the game is all about early and what might be to expect, surely... but I don't think I want to know every singe little thing about the game or how it works in the end. To me it's fun to experience it myself, even if it's fun to discuss how I would like it to be or what a good game should contain (and thats what this forum is mostly about)