80+ Planets in EAW

Cain

Rebellion had 200 planets, EAW has 40 or 80, not nearly as many. You won't be able to change the number of planets. Some hero or special ability comes from each planet. You don't want to play without those. The less the planets, the easier the Imperial have it. Less space to search.

very true.. i guess ill just build a DS and blow some up that i dont want... hey does anyone know if you can build multipul DS's?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebellion had 200 planets, EAW has 40 or 80, not nearly as many. You won't be able to change the number of planets. Some hero or special ability comes from each planet. You don't want to play without those. The less the planets, the easier the Imperial have it. Less space to search.

very true.. i guess ill just build a DS and blow some up that i dont want... hey does anyone know if you can build multipul DS's?

You can only build one DS. There has been no mention as to whether you can build another one after the one you have gets blown up.

Half a pack of smokes and sorting through countless of useless posts on LA forums I found the exacte post Cain just posted.

There is also many other posts in different threads stating the same. This was not however the original post that I got my info. from. Please I beg you :lol: don't ever ask me to go back there, they are all DONKEYS

All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

Half a pack of smokes and sorting through countless of useless posts on LA forums I found the exacte post Cain just posted.

There is also many other posts in different threads stating the same. This was not however the original post that I got my info. from. Please I beg you :lol: don't ever ask me to go back there, they are all DONKEYS

So did you find the place were LEC Rogue sais that ?

I usualy had some links saved. that's why I find them so easly.

As for the LEC forums - I feel sorry for their moderators :) imagine how frustrateing may be with so many "problem posters" around.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I believe delphi posted the game ends for the Empire if the DS blows up. I've to dig it up though.

Edit: I could be wrong... It wouldn't be a first. Though I wonder where I got that idea from... :?

If this is the case, then I believe it would be referring to the single player Rebel campaign. They have mentioned that it would be very expensive to build a Death Star and I don't believe at this point it will be a requirement for the Empire to build one in multiplayer.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Bleh, so there is no propper end goals then?

Destroying the Death Star doesn't end the war after all.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Bleh, so there is no propper end goals then?

Destroying the Death Star doesn't end the war after all.

For the campaign I can see that as being the end goal for the Rebels, but for 1v1 multiplayer, how can the Empire be forced to build it? It was mentioned that it will be expensive, so it is not like it will be there by default.

Yeah, but I would want to play endlessly against a computer too. :)

If that's not possible, then it would have failed to beat Rebellion on this. ;)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Yeah, but I would want to play endlessly against a computer too. :)

If that's not possible, then it would have failed to beat Rebellion on this. ;)

You know, there is a very good question in there. I wonder if we can skirmish against the computer in the 8 way mode and/or in the galactic mode? I guess it was assumed but has it been given as a definate feature?

For the campaign I can see that as being the end goal for the Rebels, but for 1v1 multiplayer, how can the Empire be forced to build it? It was mentioned that it will be expensive, so it is not like it will be there by default.

Here's my little theory.

In singleplayer it will already be in build as its for storyline purposes.

But in multiplayer you don't begin with it. Nah I don't think so.. As you first need to research Death Star components, I'm absolutely sure that has been stated somewhere (sorry can't give ye a link.., maybe you remember it yourself now?). I'm taking a guess that it will take you much time and research (and resources probably) before ye even get the DS.

Here's my little theory.

In singleplayer it will already be in build as its for storyline purposes.

But in multiplayer you don't begin with it. Nah I don't think so.. As you first need to research Death Star components, I'm absolutely sure that has been stated somewhere (sorry can't give ye a link.., maybe you remember it yourself now?). I'm taking a guess that it will take you much time and research (and resources probably) before ye even get the DS.

Yes, I remember what you are talking about. The Death Star is pretty much at the end of the Empire's technology tree. Several things are required to be able to build it and they provide upgrades for your other ships as well along the way.