Future Best Games Ever

Venix

Yeh, it's slated for 2008, but it's far from definite. They're called air time grenades. What happens it the laser range finder works out the range and trajectory, and actually programs this info into the grenade! Thus the grenade explodes after a certain time, which it knows will make it a set distance from the lased target.

However, there are major problems with the package. It currently weighs in at around 14 pounds, compared to the usual 5-10 of other rifle systems. It's also going to be expensive, and there is debate as to who will get to use it. Originally it was going to be issued to every man jack of you good Americans (soldiers that is), now it seems more likely that each squad of eight men will get one or two between them. In many of the discussions i've seen we are actually disturbingly close to soldiers of the Starship Troopers and Aliens variety in terms of miniturised battlefield computers and equipment. Already bodyarmor that can stop a 7.62 round is common. Certainly the OICW is a weapon of great potential. Ultimately it's damn good fun in many games.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...Marine fireteams are made up of a fireteam leader, a "machine gunner", a "grenadier" and several riflemen. This OICW sounds like a replacement for the grenadier (grenade launcher). It would make sense to only equip this weapon to only a handful of soldiers, because of it's cost, weight, and use. In conventional warfare, you really don't need to fire grenades all the time. But I can certainly see the uses for that weapon.

Facinating...

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yeah, the grenadier thing is the basic idea now, it's supposed to replace the M16 + M203, but the idea was, "Wouldn't it be great if the entire squad had access to heavier weapons", they didn't stop to think about the practicalities.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Actually I finished SOF2 a long time ago, May or June I think. The OICW was cool, but rather crappy to adjust at the first tests in the firing range.

But after I got the hang of it, it was my weapon of choice for the rest of the game.

The story was rather good at the end, not like your standard going to a mission and then returning to the safe base. Sometimes you just walk through rubble, where a shiny building stood before.

Hastings you should try XWA and JK2 if you get some spare time. Even if it's just to replay the confrontation between Yoda and Dooku for the 1000th time, LOL.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I just keep buying too many games. Start of this week i bought Ghost Recon and Civ 3. I'm buying at least two games a week, and DVD's as well. Life is an expensive thing!!!

Guest JediIgor
I dont recall a Counter Strike 2 coming out unless Igor means Condition Zero.

It didn't, but we were talking about games that haven't come out yet, but will. And we know that CS2 is coming out, because I read on a website (which had an interview with Gooseman) that he was hard at working with CS2.

And have a child...oh, wait...then you buy Barney DVDs and Spongebob Squarepants crap...

8O

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Hmmm, at eighteen, i'm a lil bit young for marriage. Anyway, i'm working for a year and then going to uni. I can't see me getting married for a few years yet. And that's assuming i meet a girl dumb enough!!!

The secret is out! Barney is in a bid for world domination!! Say, Hastings has a Barney avatar...I wonder if he's in on the domination plan? :?:

Support the USA!

Hahaha I would not be suprised. I was also highly suspicious of things like Pokemon...little cutesy weird japanese creatures that look like the product of someone's ermm bad trip (if u catch my meaning).
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

My plan has been spoiled by inferiors at SWRebellion.com! Just kidding. I have no intentions of taking over the world, though it would be nice to take a vaction any where at any time.
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

Hehehe...no world domination, just a world tour!

:lol:

Support the USA!

Spongebob Squarepants r0xx0rz !!!!!!!!

* Goes to lay his head on the stove *

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

The babelfish begins to translate...

~~Roxers Your Boxers~~

:D

Support the USA!

Pas du tout. Ce Venix, il est formidable, et tres amusant!!!