Nebulae?

Naja

Usually they're part of a system. Remember Dark Nest I, Leia Organa Solo and Han Solo stumbled across an uncharted region with a large planetary nebula - over 12 inhabitable planets in that area. So yes, a nebula could be part of a system, or region.

Plus you can fly into nebulas in Star Wars Galaxies. But those are usually of a smaller scale, and are used as "cover".

Do even some of ya'll know what a nebula is?

For those who don't... a nebula is basically dust and gas in space. Because of the various gasses, they are often brightly coloured when lit up by neighbouring stars. The word nebula is also Latin for 'mist'...

And the big swirl on the minimap is basically the spiral of a galaxy (one far, far away), not of a nebula. To be a nebula that size is... well, would make it ridiculous.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Ah okay, now I know what it is! Like in that mission in Rogue Squadron 2 where you had to defend some transports or such in a big "foggy" or well as you call it Nebula from Imperial TIEs.

Nebulas or at least space dust is in game and will effect your ships and drain the shields so be careful. Whats good about it is that you can ambush enemy ships if your shields are top notch. Well Little.B tried it out on the demo in Germany and I think he said it was effective or somethign like that.

In jump to light speed thye had this feature where you could recharge components but I tried it and my ship had to restart everything and I think I was in a battle also. :|

(Ok can someone seriously fix this submit button bug where it shows me i'm previewing :evil: )

s it true that space battles can take place adjacent to nebulae, as well as in planetary orbits?

Yes, players can fight in and around nebulas. When ships enter a Nebula sight range is limited, special abilities are temporarily offline and of course ships disappear from radar.

Delphi-PG

Game Designer/Community Rep

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

Thats a good idea but i remember a space game called

conquest frontier wars had those nebulas but the probelm with the ships were

they were moveing slow to slow when they were near a nebula but still it was pretty fun haveing those nebulas and would like to see them again in SW:EAW.

Talking about space 'obstacles', what happens in asteroid fields etc?

From what i have heard if your ships get to close to an asteroid feid and hit some asteroids it will damage your ship. I think its cool though bec it shows how detailed the game is and will be.

s it true that space battles can take place adjacent to nebulae, as well as in planetary orbits?

Yes, players can fight in and around nebulas. When ships enter a Nebula sight range is limited, special abilities are temporarily offline and of course ships disappear from radar.

Wow that's great news. Thanks Delphi :!:

Talking about space 'obstacles', what happens in asteroid fields etc?

Delphi said that usually ships will automatically go around asteriod fields, but if you want to get somewhere quickly you can go right through them, but your ships will take damage.