Rebel Interdictor

Moriarty101

I was just wondering if the rebels will get a ship equiped with gravity well projectors? If EAW tech is only going to ANH than this is not possible. This would be a big disadvantage for the rebels. I know Petro has incorporated thier own ships into the game, would this be one? If at all possible can you guy's give us just a little taste of these ships or units.
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

I was just wondering if the rebels will get a ship equiped with gravity well projectors? If EAW tech is only going to ANH than this is not possible. This would be a big disadvantage for the rebels. I know Petro has incorporated thier own ships into the game, would this be one? If at all possible can you guy's give us just a little taste of these ships or units.

I'm leaning toward no on this one. :)

Rebels captured a few Immobilizors (Black Asp & Constrictor) and made a few with hidden Gravity well generators: (Mon Mothma and Elegos Ack'la)

They don't have Interdictors usually.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I don't think that ANYONE can leave the area if an inderdictor is activated - at least, they shouldn't be able to. If the Empire uses Interdictors, it's because they know quite securely that they will win - or that they saw a hero/unit/force that they really want to blow up.

Anyway, I also think that having identical units with different graphics and names is very boring. The Empire is supposed to have weaker and more numerous ships (except ISDs, which are of good quality), and the Rebels are supposed to have expensive by more powerful vessels. The Empire also works by brute force, hence the Inderdictor (holding your enemy in one place so you can smash him to bits).

Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

The New Republic has a few ships with gravity wells. The Rebels have none.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Well the CC: 4400 from SWR could be placed in the time frame, there's so little we know about that class.

Also, read the Thrawn Trilogy, it seems that interdictor cruisers project a Gravitational Cone. Which means that their hyperspace dampening effect is limited to the area in which the projectors are pointing. If you're outside that area, you can still enter hyperspace. (I doubt they'll have this in game)

As for who should have better capital ships... With the exception of Mon Calamari Cruisers most Rebel vessels should be far inferior to their imperial counterparts. Not the other way around.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Read the rest of the books, that cone is planet sized

*back at you

Read the books and you see that there is a cone that can be escaped. In the trilogy with Thrawn Luke tries to escape an interdictor by trying to get it to overcorrect and therefore let him get out of the gravity cone it projects. The only way you can guarantee no ships can leave would be to get several interdictors to focus their cones to block all hyperspace routes out of the area.

I think the rebel's will have a type of interdictor. From one of the video's, the guy says that interdictor's would also jam Missles, from gunships. As most RTS's go, it stands to reason, there will be rebel equivlient, cause the Imps have there Broadside crusier.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Don't forget that petro use some totaly new ships they designed on there own... thats not a problem to me if they look sweet and they give them a good background and it might explain the reason why the rebel interdictor can jam enemy missiles.

In the Thrawn trilogoy it seems to mean that the interdictors can focuse their gravity wells like when he uses them to drop the Vic's in so close to rebel ships. Usually you would want the full effect of the cone to keep enemy fleets from escaping, but sometimes a narrowly define cone would be useful.

If the Rebels don't have an interdictor class then that would be a serious balance issue. The empire could always escape if it was out gunned, but the rebels couldn't making that side much weaker.

hmm well, in an another game (rebellion) the rebels cant build an interdictor.But the rebels could win,u have to concentrate ur fire on the interdictor.the ship is very weak.

But if there are two or more interdictors,then u have hard to fight.:)

And in EaW u can concentrate your fire on different systems on a Ship,so i think u can concentrate the fire on the anti-grav-system to take it out.

Welcome to the forum NightmareKato. Frothing blood to you enemies and may all your skies be clear.

I do not think that there will be any Cookie Cutter Balancing in this game. If there is I wll be annoyed. CCB is for poor games. I hope that LucasArts and Petroglyph get this game right. I want a game that is like Rebellion with the Graphics of X3.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I also hope there isnt a cookie cut balancing system for this game. I think that Petro wont give the rebels an interdictor type unit, because it isnt something that the rebels really had. About the only place I ever heard of the Rebel Alliance having a gravity wheel type unit is in the game Rebellion. Now the New Republic might have, but we need to remember this game takes place way before then. In fact, if the Rebel Alliance even had and interdictor type unit ever made I would guess it would be after Empire Strikes Back. But this game really deals with the formation of the Rebellion, and I doubt at there beginings they had access to much of the more advanced imperial technology.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I think interdictors were positioned at hyperspace points to prevent escape. Planets also produce a gravity well, from my understanding from the books ships had to get beyond the planet first. I don't think the Rebs will get a interdictor either. Han and Chewie do have the ability to steal vehicles that would be cool to steal one. On friday if I can get online in time I am going to ask if you have the ability to capture ships. A question was asked what happens to disabled ships after a space battle. One tactic would be to disable an interdictor with Ion guns on a Mon cal and assume control. We will have to see on Friday.
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

The balance issue can be worked out by price and time to build them...don't forget we don't get all the units at the beginning of the game...so it stands to reason that you won't get them till you researched them, there are other methods of balancing with out the cookie cutter.

Sparky